DJI Pilot App question - finger button
3113 17 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

What does the little finger button do that lets you draw lines on the map?  

2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

It lets you draw lines on the map that you can then erase.  Hopefully it will do more in the near future.
2015-5-7
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-7 22:51
It lets you draw lines on the map that you can then erase.  Hopefully it will do more in the near fu ...

Alright i understand, a button without a function...    So we just stay tuned for the next update
2015-5-7
Use props
stewartmcallist
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think it allows you to determine boundaries so the quad will stay within the confines of your shape - haven't had the chance to try it out though but if that's how it works it would be pretty cool
2015-5-7
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

stewartmcallist Posted at 2015-5-7 23:06
I think it allows you to determine boundaries so the quad will stay within the confines of your shap ...

Maybe... i will try it tonight and let you know
2015-5-7
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I think this MAY evolve into a method of route planning and path following. Draw a route with your finger and your Phantom flies that route.
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

stewartmcallist Posted at 2015-5-7 23:06
I think it allows you to determine boundaries so the quad will stay within the confines of your shap ...

But......  you can draw a non-closed shape.  Your Phantom would be allowed to escape then.   AND THEN WHAT?  No, no - it's something to do while your battery is recharging.
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

I believe it's only a visual aid now. Whether or not it's legal to do so, lets suppose you want to fly a particular path around an area for which you are out of line of sight. While you could just fly FPV style, lets say you need a more accurate flight path than you seem to get when flying visually. I think the idea is, you can use this feature to draw your intended flight path, and then use the map view (not FPV view) to try to match that path manually. It certainly is not as exact as the craft flying the patch for you, using its positioning systems, but it may be semi-valuable for some folks now.
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

It could be useful for pre-planning a route.
2015-5-7
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Its a very technical tool
2015-5-7
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Where did the finger button go? I haven't updated the app since this icon first appeared and I went to mark the map yesterday and could not find it in the app?
2015-7-23
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

al.zamorski Posted at 2015-7-23 20:19
Where did the finger button go? I haven't updated the app since this icon first appeared and I went  ...

It's still in the app Version 1.2.0 ( iphone) see attachment
IMG_0819.PNG
2015-7-23
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
United States

klaasjan@haitsm Posted at 2015-7-23 20:48
It's still in the app Version 1.2.0 ( iphone) see attachment

I have that same version on iOS but it isn't on my screen. Is it in a sub menu I am forgetting about?
2015-7-23
Use props
klaasjan
lvl.2

Netherlands

al.zamorski Posted at 2015-7-23 23:58
I have that same version on iOS but it isn't on my screen. Is it in a sub menu I am forgetting abo ...

It's on the map below the takeoff button...
2015-7-24
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
United States

klaasjan@haitsm Posted at 2015-7-24 20:36
It's on the map below the takeoff button...

Thank you. I found it last night when I switched over to the map screen.
2015-7-24
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it could be helpful as is. If i wanted to fly from the home point to a target but perhaps over some particular terrain I could draw a route on the map. It would make it easier to fly the route while still keeping a close eye on the Phantom... Yes i could do it without the drawn route but it would take my eyes away searching for my targets on the map.

Butch
2015-8-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The line tool is a visual flight aid for the pilot.  
2015-8-2
Use props
808 Aerial Imag
lvl.1

United States

It's similar to waypoints it's supposed to draw line the quad will follow I don't trust it. Lol
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules