Former landfill turned park
587 18 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Before anyone says anything, there was a sign with rules at the beginning of the park that didn't say anything about drone flying.
This park just opened in jan. Its called brookfield park. Former landfill; part of fresh kills landfill (now turning into a park as well) in staten island. If you wish to check out the vlog version of this video head to my YouTube page youtube.com/mustang2005

2018-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
Some motion was less smooth, maybe you could lower the sensitivity of the controls a bit

I subscribed to your channel (trainsandtrucks)
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-31 10:27
Nice video!
Some motion was less smooth, maybe you could lower the sensitivity of the controls a bit

Thanks for the subscribe. I wasn't really trying to be cinematic i just wanted a quick view of the park plus it was really windy. I had an nd 8pl filter on it as well. Im waiting for it to be more spring like then i will revisit the site with a more cinematic video.
2018-3-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Know what the old building at 1:18 mark was?  Looks like owner didn't want to let property go.
2018-3-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cool place for practicing, no obstacles!
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-31 11:27
Know what the old building at 1:18 mark was?  Looks like owner didn't want to let property go.

Its an old trolly barn from the 1800s i put a caption on it i guess you missed it i should of put a longer duration on the caption but yeah i dont know why it was never torn dow  must be some kind of historical significance *shrug*
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2018-3-31 11:36
Cool place for practicing, no obstacles!

Definitely i kinda wish i had a model airplane to fly around here. There is a model plane field next door on the other side of the creek, but this is more interesting to fly over IMO
2018-3-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely filmed and documented!
2018-3-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

boostedford Posted at 2018-3-31 11:45
Its an old trolly barn from the 1800s i put a caption on it i guess you missed it i should of put a longer duration on the caption but yeah i dont know why it was never torn dow  must be some kind of historical significance *shrug*

Sorry I missed caption.  
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

Its ok it's my fault i should of made the caption a longer duration. There will definitely be a follow up video to this when the trees start to bloom and its not as dead looking from winter.
2018-3-31
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Very nice video.
We have a landfill that they have been working on for years to make into a park. Last I saw it ,still looked like a landfill.

You also had nice music to go along with your video.
2018-3-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

boostedford Posted at 2018-3-31 14:30
Its ok it's my fault i should of made the caption a longer duration. There will definitely be a follow up video to this when the trees start to bloom and its not as dead looking from winter.

Not your fault.  I was not paying enough attention first time.  When I went back to look at old trolly barn, I started right after caption.  Thus missing it 2nd time.

If legal, I would try to look through any openings of barn.  If there is an old trolly still in there, it might make a cool picture.  Possibly capturing some of window frame as part of picture.  Then trying adding vignette and sepia to pcitre.  Or possibly converting image to simulated pencil sketch?

I did something similar, then had picture printed on large cloth.  Funny thing is, people think its a black and white picture of shallow river in the winter.  But it wasn't!
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-31 14:54
Very nice video.
We have a landfill that they have been working on for years to make into a park. Last I saw it ,still looked like a landfill.

Thank you it was very hard to find royalty free music that you dont have to pay for on sound cloud, and i still got a copyright claim anyway?! Sound is always a weak point in my videos. I'm not good with matching good music to a video. Im glad you liked it.
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-31 14:57
Not your fault.  I was not paying enough attention first time.  When I went back to look at old trolly barn, I started right after caption.  Thus missing it 2nd time.

If legal, I would try to look through any openings of barn.  If there is an old trolly still in there, it might make a cool picture.  Possibly capturing some of window frame as part of picture.  Then trying adding vignette and sepia to pcitre.  Or possibly converting image to simulated pencil sketch?

They emptied it out and relocated contents inside to another place (its in the video but comes up quick on your right corner maybe a few seconds before my historic Richmondtown caption) they are like metal barns they stored that stuff in. I wouldn't feel comfortable getting too close because of trees, powerlines, and lots of traffic. Maybe next time I'll do a few orbits. itsinot accessable by foot neither because of fencing unfortunately.
Edit: pause at 4:55 on your right youll see 3 big metal barn things

2018-3-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I assume the area at 5:34 a large cemetery?
2018-3-31
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-31 18:36

Really is that what it looks like?
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-3-31 18:36

Yes that is the united Hebrew cemetery
2018-3-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting footage - thanks for sharing
2018-3-31
Use props
boostedford