Recent check with law enforcement
786 4 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

It’s always a good idea to recheck with local law enforcement on their drone flying regulations from year to year. I flew last year at a beach in Florida, which was ok’d by local law. This year we were back  at the same beach and before I pulled my P4 out of my vehicle, I walked over to a police officer on the beach and asked the question. He told me the regulation had changed and it was now a “no drone zone”.  Disappointed I couldn’t get stills and video! Fly safe and obey!
2018-3-31
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That trend is ever increasing.
2018-3-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I wonder, is it wise to accept the word of one officer in the field. I would ask where the law is posted and check. Many people, cops included, think drones should be banned everywhere.
2018-3-31
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would've flew first. I never ask unless there's a 'Posted Sign saying No Drones'.  Last week I flew near a major bridge and airport and I just called to not ask but to provide them a 'heads up'. He'd asked for my telephone, craft # and anticipated AGL. Provided that and he told me no problem.
2018-3-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

You will always be told not to fly your drone if you ask an officer.... trust me...
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules