What are the settings for ultra slow flying.
6945 20 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

What are users settings for ultra slow aircraft movement when taking video footage? I’m thinking of ultra slow video up small mossy creeks and in woodlands for example.
I’ve tried EXP settings of 0.15 - 0.10 - 0.15 which help but the aircraft is still not flying as smooth as I’m wanting.

What are the optimum cinematic settings for the air?

Cheers in advance.

2018-4-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Have you tried reducing the Gain/Sensitivity settings?
2018-4-1
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

RE: What are the settings for ultra slow flying.

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-1 01:01
Have you tried reducing the Gain/Sensitivity settings?

No I haven’t.
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here you go, MAURO'S FILMS TUTORIAL DJI MAVIC AIR | CINEMATIC SETTINGS + FREE LUT smooth very effective and well presented, easy to follow

2018-4-1
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 01:09
Here you go, MAURO'S FILMS TUTORIAL DJI MAVIC AIR | CINEMATIC SETTINGS + FREE LUT smooth very effective and well presented, easy to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ikrE6dRKhQE

Cheers for that.
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

My absolute pleasure, Mauro's Films tutorials are excellent and what's more if you ever get stuck he is more than approachable and will help you out.

In fact most of the guys on here will bend over backwards to help you out, it is a great community
2018-4-1
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 01:16
My absolute pleasure, Mauro's Films tutorials are excellent and what's more if you ever get stuck he is more than approachable and will help you out.

In fact most of the guys on here will bend over backwards to help you out, it is a great community

Just love my wee air. I bought it mainly for stills but am finding I’m getting more interested in video now which is a whole new ball game foe me.
Thanks again.
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

For sure, the air is a wonderful little aircraft, packed with technology and a fabulous tool. Enjoy it, you will become a drone junky like the rest of us lol Welcome to the Air Club.
2018-4-1
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once you've taken off, tap the 'remote control' icon on the left hand side of the screen and go into the flight modes to select TRIPOD mode; this massively reduces the speeds of the inputs and is perfect for flying in woodland....

Cheers
Ian
https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon

2018-4-1
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

I use this settings,

Advanced Settings
EXP Settings:
Throttle Up: 0,25
Rudder Right: 0,20
Forward/Right: 0,25
Sensivity
Attitude: 100
Brake: 130
Yaw Movement Limit: 60
Gain
All at 100
2018-4-1
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

Its a new day and there is no wind, perfect to try out your settings T2P. Looking forward to experimenting with the tripod mode as well Ian, looks like the perfect combo for my style of flying.
Thanks for taking the time to share.
Cheers.
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 01:16

In fact most of the guys on here will bend over backwards to help you out, it is a great community

Very true
2018-4-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What are users settings for ultra slow aircraft movement when taking video footage? I’m thinking of ultra slow video up small mossy creeks and in woodlands for example.

I would advise not slowing things down too far, as you'll need that extra speed when and if you get into trouble.  
2018-4-1
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Belgium

fans1b839f0c Posted at 2018-4-1 12:30
Its a new day and there is no wind, perfect to try out your settings T2P. Looking forward to experimenting with the tripod mode as well Ian, looks like the perfect combo for my style of flying.
Cheers.

ok, let me know what you think about my settings.
2018-4-1
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

After initial flight test at some altitude everything seems just fine now, thanx T2P.
I tried using Tripod Mode as well Ian which is really the mode I am after, all at a click of a button. It seems that you must turn Obstacle Avoidance off for best results close to the ground in Tripod mode though.
Cheers
2018-4-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tripod mode auto sets everything to slowest settings
2018-4-1
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

There's also a Cinematic Mode option. Not as slow as tripod, but still calms things down a bit.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans1b839f0c Posted at 2018-4-1 12:30
Cheers.

Thank you so much for your update, appreciate your support to DJI products, hope you have a good time on flying the drone. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans1b839f0c Posted at 2018-4-1 14:22
After initial flight test at some altitude everything seems just fine now, thanx T2P.
I tried using Tripod Mode as well Ian which is really the mode I am after, all at a click of a button. It seems that you must turn Obstacle Avoidance off for best results close to the ground in Tripod mode though.
Cheers

Yes, Tripod mode reduces sticks response to the limited speed, the control will be smoother, but please take good care of the flight when the OA system is off. Looking forward to your work sharing if possible.
2018-4-1
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yes I agree with the others in that Tripod mode is great for getting that great slow footage you are looking for.  It prevents the fast jerky movements that you do not want.  
2018-4-1
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Belgium

fans1b839f0c Posted at 2018-4-1 14:22
Cheers

It’s good to hear everything is working fine now.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules