DJI develops I-Mode to help drone law enforcement
1421 24 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

The highly respectable and well known Peter R. de Vries, crime analyst and investigator has been tipped by a white hat hacker, who is to remain anonyomous, that there is a secret flight mode which you activate in every Mavic Air by using a certain keypress combination on the remote. The so called 'I-mode' which stands for Intercept-mode can be activated with the 'konami code'. Peter R. has done further research, and believes that this mode has been integrated in the Mavic Air's so law enforcement agencies can take effective measures at rogue drone flyers at minimum costs due to the DJI Care Refresh service, and also explains the mega order from both US and EU member states of 150.000 Mavic Air's

Live footage was taken by the white hat hacker which confirms the crafts procedure when I-mode is activated.

2018-4-1
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

ROFL very good one. The notorious Peter R De Vries..
2018-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I-mode , now how can we get the code for this set up, I am the best craft, I am the fastest craft, I am the greatest craft.. Mavic Air I , who needs Mavic pro2 ;-)
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-1 03:13
I-mode , now how can we get the code for this set up, I am the best craft, I am the fastest craft, I am the greatest craft.. Mavic Air I , who needs Mavic pro2 ;-)

Activation can be done with the Konami code with the left stick

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, then Fn and power button.

Don't press the power button to long, or the connection will drop.
2018-4-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Don't understand the purpose if this I Code? BTW what ever happened to all these PR releases !

Privacy Mode

AeroScope
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-1 03:36
Don't understand the purpose if this I Code? BTW what ever happened to all these PR releases !

Privacy Mode

Didn't you see the video? It's basically a very effective quickshot. Maybe this explains why APAS is automatically disengaged when entering Quickshot-mode?

As for Aeroscope, there is no hard evidance, but Peter R. has a hunch that both Aeroscope and I-mode have been developed in close conjunction. Some recent spyshots of the Aeroscope device have showed there is a big red button on it which is marked as '66'. Executing order 66 could be the remote killswitch which overides the need for pilots to enter the 'konami code' themselves.

I think DJI stopped developing privacy mode due to everybody accepting EULA's that waved all their privacy rights, so there was no point in further development of the P-mode.

2018-4-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-1 04:18
Didn't you see the video? It's basically a very effective quickshot. Maybe this explains why APAS is automatically disengaged when entering Quickshot-mode?

As for Aeroscope, there is no hard evidance, but Peter R. has a hunch that both Aeroscope and I-mode have been developed in close conjunction. Some recent spyshots of the Aeroscope device have showed there is a big red button on it which is marked as '66'. Executing order 66 could be the remote killswitch which overides the need for pilots to enter the 'konami code' themselves.

So the intent is to put up a drone to crash into another drone that they want to take down?
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don't need I-mode I have wife-mode, she's almost an expert at said manoeuvres, manages to swoop past missing by inches. Very colourful language followed, and only stopped when it was pointed out my aircraft was stationary on the ground and so hers airborne and she was the culprit not I.  I have crow-mode perfected I'll have you know, anybody want lessons let me know.   
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-1 04:58
So the intent is to put up a drone to crash into another drone that they want to take down?

It sure looks like it, but who knows? I don't think we'll be getting an official statement from DJI due to non disclosure agreements.

For all we know its aimed for quickshooting mother in laws or even Wife-mode? I can see plenty of use cases.
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 05:11
Don't need I-mode I have wife-mode, she's almost an expert at said manoeuvres, manages to swoop past missing by inches. Very colourful language followed, and only stopped when it was pointed out my aircraft was stationary on the ground and so hers airborne and she was the culprit not I.  I have crow-mode perfected I'll have you know, anybody want lessons let me know.

'anybody wants lessons let me know'

I could use some ELI5 lessons, yes please!
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-1 05:19
'anybody wants lessons let me know'

I could use some ELI5 lessons, yes please!

Cool.....booked

Now is the time as it's nesting season and those suckers gang up and attack/come and say hello quite often, or you can wait for the return of 3 pairs of buzzards that like selfies
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 05:24
Cool.....booked

Now is the time as it's nesting season and those suckers gang up and attack/come and say hello quite often, or you can wait for the return of 3 pairs of buzzards that like selfies

Great, can't wait. I already have targets trying to nest in my rain gutter. Thought about using I-mode, but your method sounds like it will give less colleteral damage.
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-1 05:29
Great, can't wait. I already have targets trying to nest in my rain gutter. Thought about using I-mode, but your method sounds like it will give less colleteral damage.

Ahhhhh if you want to avoid collateral damage I will send my wife shopping or your ears will get a bashing from collateral damage..... boy that woman has a mouth on her like a machine gun on steroids.
2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 05:32
Ahhhhh if you want to avoid collateral damage I will send my wife shopping or your ears will get a bashing from collateral damage..... boy that woman has a mouth on her like a machine gun on steroids.

Hmmm.... Maybe using I-mode wasn't such a bad idea after all...
Or could you provide an E-learning by any chance?
2018-4-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Absolutely great and it is so much more efficient than the Lirpa code 1, which was the only I had known so far.
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to watch your calendar from time to time
2018-4-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great post      
2018-4-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Anyone have some muffler bearing grease?

Try replacing the 710 cap under the hood sometime... ;-)
2018-4-1
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

this is nonsense....
2018-4-1
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

2018-4-1
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-1 10:36
Good to watch your calendar from time to time

LoSBoL checks calender, Lipra 2 today
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-2 02:57

Thank you again, it was a nice one! :-)
2018-4-2
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 03:26
Thank you again, it was a nice one! :-)

It was good fun posting

Not so much for the pilot of the Mavic Air in the video though...
A broken Mavic Air, Inspire and Zenmuse camera, result of an active track gone wrong.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-2 04:04
It was good fun posting

Not so much for the pilot of the Mavic Air in the video though...

Huh, that is a lot of collateral damage, what a pity!
2018-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-2 02:57

Not sure if Peter (what's in a name) is very good with dates

Peter
2018-4-2