can't format SD card
5968 14 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glasbreekt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136644 ft

Netherlands

Hi maybe in an new topic my question whats left is back page up. i want to install the new firmware but i ever pushed format on the dji app since than my pc keeps asking to format first before i can open it. but even programs and some tips don't let me to get back format with pc so that i can install the new firmware on the sd card can anyone help me with some tips?

greats

Dennis
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Format it to FAT32. Can you use another SD card?
2015-5-8
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

ithanks for the answer it already stand as fat 32 i also tried toe exfat but as soon as i press format it stops just for the end and says cant format that message i get eminently when pressing quick format. i only have the 4 GB from my vision + so i can try with that just for putting the software on it but i thought 16 was te minium for the inspire thats why i wasn't trying it yet with that card
2015-5-8
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you any files on the card? If so try deleting them first.

Then try full format the SD card (Not quick format)
2015-5-8
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

ok i gonna try that but the djim map remains right? i can thought the app deleting everthing on the sd card but that map is the only thing that stays. that is always the only thing you keep seeing on te computer normaly if you can open the card.
2015-5-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-9 00:08
Have you any files on the card? If so try deleting them first.

Then try full format the SD card (N ...

I did this a min ago..all I got was failed to format.
I had to return the card into the I1 and format it there before I could use it again.
2015-5-8
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

ok i didn't try yet. i have try several ways already but pc is hard to let me acces the card but at least i can try it maybe in my situation it works but after everthing it looks that thats also gonna fail. that was in the beginning my fault i never had to press format on the app in the first place just before that everthing worked well with the card.
2015-5-8
Use props
petersilver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Maje sure the card is seated properly in the camera.
2015-5-8
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

thats not the problem in the inspire it works fine its just when i put it in de computer it wants to get formatted but couldn't complete. so i can't use it to put the new firmware on the plane. but tomorrow i gonna try the tip from rocky eyes
2015-5-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

petersilver Posted at 2015-5-9 01:55
Maje sure the card is seated properly in the camera.

Yes and also in the card adaptor I found this out the hard way....
2015-5-8
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

further it couldn't get. and it reconize it and sees him but cant format. but today i used the 4GB from my phantom2 vision + and new firmware is installed. i cleard my 16GB from the inspire with the app but still i couldn't open the card in the computer. now i took a break because i have just like more that the app now says disconnected. so again black screen.
2015-5-9
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here.  the only choices i have are NTFS and exFAT.  will exFAT work?
2015-9-3
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1

Netherlands

I never get it right anymore so i stop trying it was getting frustrated normally exfat works fine with the inspire 1 but if you press once format via your tablet and your drone is formatting it you can shake it to put it in the computer again for opening it. i decided to buy a bigger one today's day they're not that expensive anymore.
2015-10-4
Use props
fans0ab3d27a
lvl.1
United States

I had this issue today. Maybe because I manually deleted a couple files and then accidentally disconnected before ejecting on my mac.

I fixed it by formatting - tried Fat32, then ExFat, then Fat 32 twice more.. went through a bunch of errors but it finally worked... once the Fat32 format held up, the Mavic was able to format through the controller.
2017-5-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans0ab3d27a Posted at 2017-5-10 21:05
I had this issue today. Maybe because I manually deleted a couple files and then accidentally disconnected before ejecting on my mac.

I fixed it by formatting - tried Fat32, then ExFat, then Fat 32 twice more.. went through a bunch of errors but it finally worked... once the Fat32 format held up, the Mavic was able to format through the controller.

I know Macs are notorious for this and there are some programs that are out there that are dedicated to formatting SD cards on the MAC's .  I personally own a MAC but I always advise to format the SD card on the Aircraft if you can  and then install the firmware update.  Even then I have had issues with my MAC and just go to my trusty PC for loading the FW.  I consider myself pretty good with computers and Macs  and have not pinned down why it gives so many problems .  I usually tell NewBies to just Format  SD on the AC and then downlaod the BIN file to    the SD card via  a PC , then once they know the  basics of updating and what to look for , then try there MAC's and see if they have success. Cant even tell you the number of times this has solved and update issue .

Good Luck and have fun

donnie
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules