What's preventing you from buying the Mavic Air right now??
12Next >
2458 46 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's say you have CASH IN HAND....   What is the top reason you would rather not buy the Air?

My TOP reason is lack of support from DJI..  & Waiting to see Mavic Pro 2.
2018-4-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't need a third drone   
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude, I get it you hate DJI’s customer service... I remember reading your story before you changed your avatar.  Why would you be waiting for Mavic II if your so unhappy?  Just doesn’t make any sense.  Either stand up for your convictions or STFU.
2018-4-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-4-1 12:10
Dude, I get it you hate DJI’s customer service... I remember reading your story before you changed your avatar.  Why would you be waiting for Mavic II if your so unhappy?  Just doesn’t make any sense.  Either stand up for your convictions or STFU.

I don't know what STFU means actually, but it somewhat sounds appropriate in this particular case, I remember the whole story and its aftermath...
2018-4-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-1 12:15
I don't know what STFU means actually, but it somewhat sounds appropriate in this particular case, I remember the whole story and its aftermath...

Hey WB, here is a link to 75 of the most common acronyms used on social media. 75 Social Acronyms

The acronym mentioned above stands for Shut the ---- Up! Which you won't find listed.
2018-4-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-1 12:31
Hey WB, here is a link to 75 of the most common acronyms used on social media.  75 Social Acronyms

The acronym mentioned above stands for Shut the ---- Up! Which you won't find listed.

Thank you for the explanation, I see my uninformed guess was a 10/10
2018-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t believe there is any lack of support from dji, I say this through experience, yes for a young company it has taken time to improve CS but for those who frequent this forum they will notice that they’re are some who continually complain no matter what service they get, and will continue to whine and moan about poor service, but this is more about them than dji as a company.

Most and I’m talking about the vast majority who have problems with malfunctioning drones or crashed drones have their problems turned around within two weeks and when we are talking about such high tech, this is IMO a pretty good service.

Moderators and administration staff on this forum bend over backwards to help those who come here with problems.
You can watch almost all of the processes your drone goes through on this app and if your drone has to be paid for because of human error prices are very reasonable.

As for MavAir if your going to be complaining before you buy one, then I recommend buying a kite and go fly in the park.
It’s quite, you won’t lose it because of string, it’s almost indestructible and it will fly as far and as high as the string will allow, it has full Atti mode, manual RTH , needs no firmware/ software updates and can fly in all weathers.

Your question is more about you than poor service etc.

““Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.”
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Right now I need the money for repairing our roof.
But if that was not the issue, there would not be any.
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-1 12:43
I don’t believe there is any lack of support from dji, I say this through experience, yes for a young company it has taken time to improve CS but for those who frequent this forum they will notice that they’re are some who continually complain no matter what service they get, and will continue to whine and moan about poor service, but this is more about them than dji as a company.

Most and I’m talking about the vast majority who have problems with malfunctioning drones or crashed drones have their problems turned around within two weeks and when we are talking about such high tech, this is IMO a pretty good service.

Very well said!
2018-4-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-1 12:43

Ditto ! As I have said before in comparison to the millions of DJI drones sold the problems are relatively few.
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I will continue to purchase DJI products, because there is no real alternative out there. Exceptional products and as others have stated more than satisfactory return product issues, wouldn't hesitate purchasing from DJI.
2018-4-1
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Because I think DJI CS sucks beyond words, IN NO WAY does it reflect my deep respect for the engineering team.  They are, without a doubt an incredible team.  If you have been paying attention, and clearly, you haven’t ...I have given STELLAR reviews to that team.   
Once again I will say:   The Mavic Air is beautiful, it’s sexy, it’s capable, it’s a great size.  Love everything about it..... except (see avatar). If I am going to throw a $1000 camera in the sky it DAMN WELL BE SUPPORTED.   
STFU until you your data is correct.   

And BTW:  DJI is NOT a young company.   They have been around for a while before entering the consumer market.   DJI has had industrial products for some time.  The thing is... they don’t give a DAMN about the consumer market.   They have no intention of supporting the smaller consumer division.... They care only about supporting the industry products..

It shows:   The products that they build, clearly have a take away from the products they have built on a more beefy scale.  They have taken that to build some of THE best consumer products out there.  It’s a shame that Kmart was assigned to support products designed by top engineers.
See if you can keep your data straight this time....
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m sorry but I can’t take you seriously with your occasional caps lock seizures to emphasize random words or phrases...  
2018-4-1
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tsk, tsk, CHilDren TODAy.  
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Now that was kinda funny....
2018-4-1
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

lack of support and wait the mavic pro 2?!?
2018-4-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-1 15:45
Tsk, tsk, CHilDren TODAy.

.... And boring trolls of yesterday.  
Consider providing some content that sheds more light than smoke.
2018-4-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My top reason is coming discounts on April 2nd.
2018-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-1 15:12
Because I think DJI CS sucks beyond words, IN NO WAY does it reflect my deep respect for the engineering team.  They are, without a doubt an incredible team.  If you have been paying attention, and clearly, you haven’t ...I have given STELLAR reviews to that team.   
Once again I will say:   The Mavic Air is beautiful, it’s sexy, it’s capable, it’s a great size.  Love everything about it..... except (see avatar). If I am going to throw a $1000 camera in the sky it DAMN WELL BE SUPPORTED.   
STFU until you your data is correct.   

They are 11 years old, the great Apple when it was 11 years old decided the best course to take was sack Steve Jobs after many failed products and not such a great QA or CS, it took many more years before they became a great company, but not before reinstating Steve Jobs, so again complaining about something you know nothing about.

“They don’t give a damn about consumer market”, how good are they that not giving a damn about consumers they managed to capture 80% of the consumer market, maybe other companies should look at their model of business , what are we to think that if Apple didn’t care about consumers they could have 80% of the phone market, only someone very dumb would say such a stupid thing.

Whinging and whining because you couldn’t sort yourself out , your easy to spot around here, as I said go buy a kite.
2018-4-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That I can't use OTG for my Spark with an Go4 Version that supports the air IS/WAS preventing me from buying
2018-4-1
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Awwww hallmark007... aren’t you cute...   they have captured a large part of the consumer market with their product due to the fact that as I stated above, their products are second to none.   CS is absolute crap and it WILL drive customers away.   I have even had a DJI CS rep THEMSELVES say “that out CS is poor, but we are working on it..”.   Your claimed 80% of the market is NOT sustainable when your CS is a awful as it is.   Go troll someplace else little man.
2018-4-1
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No OcuSync and I just don’t like the design. It has the same issues that plague the rest of the family - glitches, teething problems and user induced carelessness. Any of the craft on selection are like Marmite.....Likey or no likey. In regards to CS. I have contacted direct on 2 occasions. 1 for a refund when MP got released - processed in under a week. 2nd - MP issue with black landing pad coming off when used with extended landing gear - Sent spares out to replace said landing pad. Differing experiences for different people and issues. Contacted China for one and NL for the other. One persons bad experience does not colour the company as a whole.
2018-4-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I am saving up for a DJI Zenmuse XT2 (camera with FLIR)
Going to make Doe hunting a whole lot easier.
Those bars are really smokey.
2018-4-1
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

It's all bout expectations rather than reality.

If you are looking for an incredible piece of technology at an affordable price. Buy it.
If you are looking for a drone that is really easy to fly. Buy it.
If you are looking for simplicity in carry and setup. Buy it.
if you take videos or photos as a hobby and you dont mind processing them. Buy it.

If you are looking at "breaking" most laws and flying it miles away. Dont buy it.
If you are looking at flying for more than 20 minutes at a time. Dont buy it.
If you are looking at a great camera. Dont buy it.
2018-4-1
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-4-1 22:24
It's all bout expectations rather than reality.

If you are looking for an incredible piece of technology at an affordable price. Buy it.

KEVJONES1959 said it all.
I think if you can check at least 2 of these off then buy it.
It was my first real drone all others i had were hand made nothing wrong with that until you buy a DJI you will never go back to anything else.
I now have sold all my other drones and DJI is the only way I will go.
2018-4-2
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184226 ft
Italy

Two things are keeping me from buying my second drone:

1. Of course waiting to see how Mavic Pro 2 comes out (if it ever will)
2. Missing waypoints mode
2018-4-2
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flydav: As far as waypoint.  Wasn’t clear that was missing.  Is that something that is disabled for the Air?!?  Can’t you do that in Litichi with Air... works with my MP.
2018-4-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

My reason is I purchased the Mavic Pro instead because of one word: OcuSync.
2018-4-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Mavic 2 !!!!!!!!!!
2018-4-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-4-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Not buying Mavic Air due to:
1. WIFI only (easily interfered)
2. A little underpowered for its weight (props too small, inefficient, more susceptible to vortex ring state)
3. Camera angle limited (will shift around on its own when flying)
4. Infrared TOF sensor (cloud/fog will trigger wrong reading)
2018-4-3
Use props
Dji_Rambo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Who is the King of Kings? Yes you're right!!!! MAVIC!!
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-3 04:25
Not buying Mavic Air due to:
1. WIFI only (easily interfered)
2. A little underpowered for its weight (props too small, inefficient, more susceptible to vortex ring state)

Vortex ring, I haven’t seen any case of vortex ring since P1, no case of sensor problem they are same size as is in your Mavic Pro,
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji_Rambo Posted at 2018-4-3 04:34
Who is the King of Kings? Yes you're right!!!! MAVIC!!

If only it had a decent camera .
2018-4-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-3 04:48
Vortex ring, I haven’t seen any case of vortex ring since P1, no case of sensor problem they are same size as is in your Mavic Pro,

More likely to experience Vortex ring state but it is controlled well and prevented by software so you'll hardly experience it on the Air.
Sensor on the Mavic Air is infrared while Mavic Pro uses ultrasonic
2018-4-3
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

No waypoints = no sale for me.
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-3 05:02
More likely to experience Vortex ring state but it is controlled well and prevented by software so you'll hardly experience it on the Air.
Sensor on the Mavic Air is infrared while Mavic Pro uses ultrasonic

Vision position sensors on Mavic and MavAir are both the same , ultra sonic sensor is used to measure barometric pressure and to help aircraft maintain its current position.
2018-4-3
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is what I have seen and my answer:

Mavic Air:
Fantastic Marketing!
Wonderful reviews on day one - Those YouTube reviews.
The excitement from people receiving them.
The decline in excitement as people start to realise not all is wonderful.  Not me criticising, but just the reality of what actually happens with new products.

I sold all my DJI gear to buy the next drone (Air), but have held off as I think I will get the Mavic 2 no matter what the spec or price is.  That is unless UK Drone regulations start to look sketchy between now and then.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-3 05:10
Vision position sensors on Mavic and MavAir are both the same , ultra sonic sensor is used to measure barometric pressure.

You know nothing about DJI drones…
Or technology in general…
Here's how an ultrasonic sensor  actually work: How Ultrasonic Sensor Works

2018-4-3
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

My top reason would be the wifi connection. I would totally buy it right now but the wifi instead of occusync is a deal breaker.
2018-4-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules