Phantom won’t record or take video
12722 23 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans74ef5e5c
lvl.1

Hi all my phantom 3 advance won’t take photos or record video ? The fpv feed works perfectly but as soon as you click record the image goes black and white and then freezes and the gimbal appears to reboot ? I have checked all connections I have attached a video  thanks
2018-4-1
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

When was the last time you formatted the SD card ? Format the card IN the Phantom not on your computer and try again . If it still does the same thing try another SD card.   Cheers mate !!
2018-4-1
Use props
fans74ef5e5c
lvl.1

Tried everything like that I’m starting to think it’s the board in the gimbal but I can’t find one anywhere
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, the same thing appears after changing to another working SD card, right? How about pressing the record button of the RC? Also, I do not find the video you referred, could you check and upload again? Thanks in advance!
2018-4-1
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft

fans74ef5e5c Posted at 2018-4-1 15:09
Tried everything like that I’m starting to think it’s the board in the gimbal but I can’t find one anywhere

Did you also try a different cable coming from your controller?
2018-4-1
Use props
djiuser_gTsfd1kYk3OY
New

United States

Did you get an answer?   Phantom 3 advanced,  I have been flying all weekend with no problems, and all of a sudden when I hit the record video button on my last flight, the screen went dark, and says "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL". When I open the aircraft status menu it says "GIMBAL DISCONNECTED". Has anyone here experienced this, and know what to do??? I have tried clearing the SD card, and re-installing the firmware, and I tried using a different SD card. I am the original owner for a year and a half, and have never crashed. I fly about every other weekend, and usually for several hours at a time using my three batteries.
2018-4-1
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

I’ve tried multiple memory cards basically the gimbal crashes when you try to record or take a photo
2018-4-1
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

https://youtu.be/dgN4Oz-UD_g
2018-4-1
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

Daniel Briscoe Posted at 2018-4-1 23:18
https://youtu.be/dgN4Oz-UD_g

2018-4-1
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

I’ve tried it on android and iOS happens on both ! Video added
2018-4-1
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I know you have said you have CHECKED all the connections...have you physically unplugged and plugged back in both  gimbal cables......
2018-4-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Did this happen suddenly, or has it been doing this since you owned the aircraft?
2018-4-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The only time I could not record was when I set the format too high a class than the card was suited to .... but I had warning text telling me card was unsuitable.

It may be worth setting video standard to the lowest possible settings .... eg 720 and small size .... and see if it records. If it does - then step up in format till it fails again ... you then know what maximum resolution / format video you can record.

To be honest - because I am Hobbyist and upload to Youtube mostly - I have my P3P set at 1080 or 1920 .... I never use 4K .... just not seen advantage for my level of amateur rubbish !!

Nigel
2018-4-3
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve checked all plugs had the gimbal off loads of times it’s set to 1080p but it won’t even take a photo and it happened suddenly
2018-4-3
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Think it’s the main board in the top of the gimbal just need to try and find a replacement as it’s not sold separate from DJI and I don’t want to pay for a whole new gimbal !
2018-4-3
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

just realised if i try to change any camera settings it also crashes and resets!
2018-4-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Oh dear ... sounds expensive !

Nigel
2018-4-3
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

In case anyone was wondering I bought a brand new gimbal and it’s fixed so looks like it was the gimbal board !
2018-4-6
Use props
BradGutz
New

United States

Daniel Briscoe Posted at 2018-4-6 08:00
In case anyone was wondering I bought a brand new gimbal and it’s fixed so looks like it was the gimbal board !

where did you get it?  How much was it?  Was it hard to replace?   I think that is my problem too.  It happened all of a sudden after a full weekend of flying hours at a time.
2018-4-7
Use props
Daniel Briscoe
lvl.1

BradGutz Posted at 2018-4-7 08:49
where did you get it?  How much was it?  Was it hard to replace?   I think that is my problem too.  It happened all of a sudden after a full weekend of flying hours at a time.

ordered it online was £240, takes like 2 mins to swap over piece of cake.
2018-4-7
Use props
djiuser_XfsEaJTftUZe
New

Brunei

I have a problem of black screen, and cant take photo or record video.. Fly normal.. And now i remove the whole gimbal.. Anyone know the problems?
2019-2-11
Use props
quado
lvl.1

yes it's knackered
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_wZyPRCNB91Lg
New

Iran

Good night every body anybody can help me for my phantom 3 advance, when I press record bottom or take picture on app become black and white and image stopping and no record any thing I check everything no found any errors
Best Regards
2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_wZyPRCNB91Lg
New

Iran

fans74ef5e5c Posted at 2018-4-1 15:09
Tried everything like that I’m starting to think it’s the board in the gimbal but I can’t find one anywhere

Hi
Did you solve your problem or not?
2020-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules