Mavic Pro - AEB bracketing not working properly
2972 11 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

I've noticed lately that the AEB bracketing feature, which I use for all my photos, is not working correctly 100% of the time.  I always set it to take 5 photos.  What happens is that photos 2 and 3 are exactly the same exposrure(the histograms match).  The 4th and 5th photo do not turn out correctly either, because #4 will be brigher than #5.  If you look at the meta data for the shutter speed it will show you what you expect, but the image does not appear to have used that shutter speed.  I was taking the photos using the manual mode, RAW format, and autofocus.
If I use 3 shots instead of 5, #1 and #2 will be the same.  Its been doing this ever since I got my Mavic Pro in mid Feb, but I only realized it recently.

Symptoms:
-  If using AEB with 5 shots, #2 and #3 will be the same exposure.
-  If using AEB with 3 shots, #1 and #2 will be the same exposure.
-  When this happens, it will happen continuously for several sets of photos.
-  It can start and stop during the flight.
-  Metadata for shutter speed appears correct for the image, but the image exposure does not reflect the shutter speed listed.
-  These are images taken directly from the memory card.
DJI_0230-1.jpg
DJI_0231-2.jpg
DJI_0232-3.jpg
DJI_0233-4.jpg
DJI_0234-5.jpg
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please export the original pictures from SD card to Dropbox and post the link here? Please also tell me the current firmware of your drone, I would like to check. Thanks in advance.
2018-4-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Was going to download them and compare side by side.  But after downloading #1 and #2, the forum says #3, #4, and #5 are not available.  Tried to download #3 three times.

As for #4 being brighter than #5.  I have seen that on hand-held camera.  It would take #1 at optimal setting.  #2 was +1, #3 was -1, #4 was +2, and #5 was -2.
However, that does not explain the Histograms matching for #2 and #3.  

To my eye, #2 looks darker than #3.  But hard to compare sliding webpage up, down, up, down, up, ...
Looks like Drone took pictures as follows: #1 at optimal setting.  #2 was -1, #3 was +1, #4 was +2, and #5 was -2.
2018-4-1
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Thor!  Dropbox link is:  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b7l6r ... p9l0zE-nx-rPxa?dl=0  

I have also included the flight log from the flight that the images were taken on, and during this flight I had times where AEB worked correctly, and times where it did not.  I'm running the latest firmware for the Mavic Pro, don't remember the exact number, but that should be in the flight log, right?
2018-4-2
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

So I flew yesterday, and every AEB series was fine.  I flew today, and about half of them showed the issue I described.  So I took off, immediately took a AEB shot(which was fine), recorded a video, then took some more AEB shots which had the issue.  So maybe this issue is triggered by recording a video?  the next 7 AEB shots I took after recording the video had the issue, but then the shots after that were fine.  I believe its because I adjusted the exposure for that 8th shot, and I think that temporarily fixed whatever the issue was.
2018-4-3
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

Or this could be caused by a slow shutter speed.  Maybe the longer exposure is causing a delay in the processing and creating this problem?  All the AEB series that I took where the shutter speed was 1/50 had the issue.  The other AEB series shots I took where the shutter speed was 1/60 were fine.  Shutter speeds would normally be higher for the lighting conditions, but I was using a ND8 filter because I was also recording video.
2018-4-3
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

@DJI Thor, Any update on this issue?
2018-4-6
Use props
Branwell
lvl.1

United States

This is a bug with RAW AEB in 16:9 aspect ratio. Change it to 4:3 and it works fine.
Thanks fansb952d922 for figuring this out.
2018-4-10
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

Branwell Posted at 2018-4-10 12:12
This is a bug with RAW AEB in 16:9 aspect ratio. Change it to 4:3 and it works fine.
Thanks fansb952d922 for figuring this out.

I always shoot in 4:3, and I see this issue in 4:3.
2018-4-10
Use props
Branwell
lvl.1

United States

I wonder if there are any hardware changes. Maybe yours drone is newer. My Mavic Pro is about 9 months old now but running the latest firmware. 16:9 Raw is definitely bugged for me where 4:3 works great.
2018-4-11
Use props
Double_A
lvl.1

I am having the same issue, regardless of the aspect ration or shutter speed.

Any one know if DJI is working on this?
2018-7-29
Use props
djiuser_HSTcl5NRLmDw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

nobody c e re r
2020-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now