brief loss and then recovery of GPS - why?
937 13 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

On 2 occasions at the same particular location (a forest preserve AMA flying field), I have have had a brief loss of GPS, gone into ATTI mode, then recovery of GPS. This happens so fast (a few seconds) that there is no verbal warning for ATTI mode. However it is concerning to me. Both times I was the only flyer present. This has not happened to me at other locations.

In the first case I did not even know it happened until I got home and looked that the flight record. The second time I did notice erratic behavior of the AC, I got it under control and then GPS came back.

In both cases the # of GPS satellites stays high. Flight record upload links are below. Any thoughts appreciated.

2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Any interference around your spark? I would not recommend you turn on bluetooth devices. Please change an environment for further check. Or you can export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

2018-4-1
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

No bluetooth - no cell phone (I use iPad mini 2 with bluetooth turned off), no other people that I could see just me. I will upload flight data and black box, thanks.
2018-4-1
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

From the flight log I could see lots of Yaw errors, I am not sure whether this is caused high wind or guest  at a particular time of the flight.
Hope our experts here would assist you better.
2018-4-2
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 18:36
Hi, there. Any interference around your spark? I would not recommend you turn on bluetooth devices. Please change an environment for further check. Or you can export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

Elektra - You say to upload the data to dropbox, but the video says to upload it to the DJI server - which is correct?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

marlowe Posted at 2018-4-2 19:41
Elektra - You say to upload the data to dropbox, but the video says to upload it to the DJI server - which is correct?

Please upload to dropbox or google in this thread so we can follow your situation easily. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-4-2
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Marlowe,

Had a quick look at your flight logs. In both cases your Spark didn`t enter ATTI mode.
I cannot tell why a YawErrorLarge did occur, Yaw errors are mostly the start of other induced errors with the Spark. Guess DJI could inform you better.

Flying Spark in sport mode with lot of (fast) yaw movements sometimes gives Yaw errors.
I use sport mode only when flying in a straight line from A to B when flying further distances. Close-by flying in Sport mode is OK for me, at least when the sh*t hits the fan (ATTI mode) i think i can control my Spark and return home safely. (or land asap).

If i get a YAW or Speed or Compass error i will return home instead if continue flying. Why? Because if your Spark is bit out of VLOS (happens fast with this tiny drone) and it will enter ATTI.....just read on this forum how many times people cannot bring their craft back home ; just because its so difficult to fly in ATTI mode far away from you, let alone if the wind is playing as well!

Hope DJI will tell you all.

Cheers JJB
zSparkAnalysis_2018-03-17.png
zSparkAnalysis_2018-04-01.png
2018-4-2
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-2 23:51
Hi Marlowe,

Had a quick look at your flight logs. In both cases your Spark didn`t enter ATTI mode.

Thanks JJB.

The first time this happened coincided with the first time I tried sport mode. I thought that was the issue.

However, the second time did not involve sport mode. What these events have in common is location. I suspect some kind of localized RF interference.

BTW - I wish your software would work on my Windows 8.1 PC. Not sure what the problem is.
2018-4-3
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

Hey guys,  I am still learning all about my drone so this may be a question that has already been asked or basic info.. but, how do I view logs like the ones pictured above?   I would LOVE to comb over this kind of data
2018-4-3
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-2 22:04
Please upload to dropbox or google in this thread so we can follow your situation easily. Thanks for your cooperation.

Elektra - my data is all here (I think)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aeyxe ... SSn-9dgHs6yQqa?dl=0

2018-4-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

marlowe Posted at 2018-4-3 17:24
Thanks JJB.

The first time this happened coincided with the first time I tried sport mode. I thought that was the issue.

I think it should work using Windows 8.1. Can you describe (and/or screenshot) what the problem is?
cheers JJB
2018-4-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

EMTDad Posted at 2018-4-3 17:44
Hey guys,  I am still learning all about my drone so this may be a question that has already been asked or basic info.. but, how do I view logs like the ones pictured above?   I would LOVE to comb over this kind of data

Hiya, hope to update a new version nect week of my free software.  (for Windows). I will post it on here.
2018-4-4
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-4 01:04
Hiya, hope to update a new version nect week of my free software.  (for Windows). I will post it on here.

JJb - when you post it I will try it again, thanks.
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

marlowe Posted at 2018-4-3 18:04
Elektra - my data is all here (I think)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aeyxe725inimmze/AACVvAMjQzSSSn-9dgHs6yQqa?dl=0

Thanks for your update. I would help you locate the problem. Please wait patiently.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules