Charging Mavic Air through USB charger
10342 10 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

Please excuse my ignorance but is it possible to charge the Mavic Air directly through the USB port?  I tried connecting a power bank to the USB slot and it didn't seem to work.  I know the Spark allows USB charging which was convenient. I am awaiting stock delivery  of spare battery units here in South Africa - I bought just the Mavic Air without the fly more combo and it comes only with the one battery so flight time is limited to just about 15 to 18 mins.  Expected delivery date for spare batteries is end of May unfortunately:_(

2018-4-2
Use props
Stevom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19245 ft
United Kingdom

No the USB C connector on the Air is not a charging port.
2018-4-2
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

Ok great to know!
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, it is unable to charge the Mavic air directly through the USB port, you need to remove the battery from the aircraft and attach it to the provided AC power adapter to charge it. Thanks!
2018-4-2
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

But the controller is.
2018-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can order direct from dji store they are in stock delivery 5/9 days..
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on your new drone. Look forward to seeing some of your footage with the MA. Fingers crossed the spare batteries arrive a little sooner for you.
2018-4-2
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 10:35
Congrats on your new drone. Look forward to seeing some of your footage with the MA. Fingers crossed the spare batteries arrive a little sooner for you.

Thanks. Funny part is that I got the drone in January already as a replacement for my Spark.  Had i know that the delivery of the batteries would be 4 months later I would have given more consideration to the flymore combo.  But lesson learned I guess.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-4-2 10:41
Thanks. Funny part is that I got the drone in January already as a replacement for my Spark.  Had i know that the delivery of the batteries would be 4 months later I would have given more consideration to the flymore combo.  But lesson learned I guess.

At least you have the drone but yeah, 4 months is a long time! Are there no DJI dealers in your area with stock? Apple may be?
2018-4-2
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 10:43
At least you have the drone but yeah, 4 months is a long time! Are there no DJI dealers in your area with stock? Apple may be?

Local supplier directly in contact with the local DJI representative and I get direct feedback as they import and redistribute to all local authorised dealers.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-4-2 10:52
Local supplier directly in contact with the local DJI representative and I get direct feedback as they import and redistribute to all local authorised dealers.

I see - well good luck mate - next month will come around quick enough
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules