1106 18 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can someone from DJI help as I need assistance removing no flyzones from my go 4 app. I am a licenced pilot in Australia, I had a job last night on the Gold Coast and couldnt launch the inspire.
It looks like Dji have introduced no fly zones for the Common Wealth Games here on the Gold Coast but not allowing a licenced operator to fly here may have cost me a job/client.

How do I remove these no fly zones, they arent airports or helipads but a stadium and a few other venues for the games. The red no fly zone is huge and covers a lot of my work area.

I need this fixed now.. as I need a to get up in the air over the next couple of days.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Skyris, sorry to read on this, please send email to flysafe@dji.com for further assistance, the team will help you out.
2018-4-2
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are ways to eliminate the nfz issues altogether, look up a gentleman that goes by the name “digdat0” on YouTube. He has many instructional video on how to fix nfz problems and increase performance...
2018-4-2
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks I will take a look, I fly in this area for work all the time, we have had cyclones up north and have had bad weather this was the only window for another week to get long exposure stills at dusk and this happened. unbelievable.. DJI give international airports a smaller NFZ than what was on offer last night. I have checked the NFZ on FLYSAFE and seems that the no fly zone was only for yesterday (feels like im cursed) Ill have to wait another week now for calm weather if the client can wait that long...
The Radius was 4km compared to 1.3km at the international airport nearby. unbelievable..
2018-4-2
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Skyris Posted at 2018-4-2 13:00
Thanks I will take a look, I fly in this area for work all the time, we have had cyclones up north and have had bad weather this was the only window for another week to get long exposure stills at dusk and this happened. unbelievable.. DJI give international airports a smaller NFZ than what was on offer last night. I have checked the NFZ on FLYSAFE and seems that the no fly zone was only for yesterday (feels like im cursed) Ill have to wait another week now for calm weather if the client can wait that long...
The Radius was 4km compared to 1.3km at the international airport nearby. unbelievable..
[view_image]

Skyris....best to check airspace requirements first, this airspace has been re-classified for the entirety of the Commonwealth Games

Regards Wolf
2018-4-3
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft ... -commonwealth-games
2018-4-3
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wolfman Posted at 2018-4-3 18:33
https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/standard-page/drone-restrictions-commonwealth-games

Thanks for this, it helps. I can't believe they need a 4km radius from the carrara stadium though... these games are going to cause problems for me I think.
Thanks for the map.
2018-4-3
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wolfman Posted at 2018-4-3 18:26
Skyris....best to check airspace requirements first, this airspace has been re-classified for the entirety of the Commonwealth Games

Regards Wolf

Thanks Wolfman, I knew this was happening but tried to get out before the games started as the opening day is today. Didn't know the no fly zones were on at that time (before the games). Unfortunate as this was the only wind free night for a while.
2018-4-3
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

Skyris Posted at 2018-4-3 19:39
Thanks Wolfman, I knew this was happening but tried to get out before the games started as the opening day is today. Didn't know the no fly zones were on at that time (before the games). Unfortunate as this was the only wind free night for a while.

Not a problem Skyris.....don't think you will be flying in there till after the games especially with the UAV surveillance that is operating 24/7 during the event.
2018-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2018-4-3 20:31
Not a problem Skyris.....don't think you will be flying in there till after the games especially with the UAV surveillance that is operating 24/7 during the event.

Hi Wolf

Are they using DJI’s AeroScope  to watch the area?  I know they are in use in certain areas in the US

Rich
2018-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-2 03:20
There are ways to eliminate the nfz issues altogether, look up a gentleman that goes by the name “digdat0” on YouTube. He has many instructional video on how to fix nfz problems and increase performance...

R&L

Have you looked into this? seems like it could be trouble for someone not following the rules.

Rich
2018-4-3
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

They are only using these in the red NFZ areas right? I am a licensed operator and have work outside these zones. well on the days they aren't there.
2018-4-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-3 20:57
R&L

Have you looked into this? seems like it could be trouble for someone not following the rules.

There are many companies that sell quads equal to dji in ability that don’t have the restrictions that dji has imposed on there products, they have become the drone police of the world.  My autel robotics quad will fly anywhere and up to 2600 ft. If someone wants to cause trouble with a quad,  all the restrictions in the world won’t stop them. Kinda like guns...
2018-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-4 10:52
There are many companies that sell quads equal to dji in ability that don’t have the restrictions that dji has imposed on there products, they have become the drone police of the world.  My autel robotics quad will fly anywhere and up to 2600 ft. If someone wants to cause trouble with a quad,  all the restrictions in the world won’t stop them. Kinda like guns...

I agree with you. In the beginning, the NFZ or geo fence was optional. Now they have you logged into the Go App which can be seen using the AreoScope tools and imposing the NFZ based on a map around the world.  I still believe that the Pilot of the UAV is the one responsible to fly within the laws of the land.

I hope that DJI will issue the App that allows the Pro group to unlock all of this nonsense. Let the consumer group be controlled if at all

Rich
2018-4-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-4 16:08
I agree with you. In the beginning, the NFZ or geo fence was optional. Now they have you logged into the Go App which can be seen using the AreoScope tools and imposing the NFZ based on a map around the world.  I still believe that the Pilot of the UAV is the one responsible to fly within the laws of the land.

I hope that DJI will issue the App that allows the Pro group to unlock all of this nonsense. Let the consumer group be controlled if at all

The reason I “unlocked” my collection is for the increase in performance, it’s really mind boggling as to how much dji hobbles the performance of their quads. I could care less about the nfz or height increase.
2018-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-5 01:14
The reason I “unlocked” my collection is for the increase in performance, it’s really mind boggling as to how much dji hobbles the performance of their quads. I could care less about the nfz or height increase.

Understood....

Rich
2018-4-5
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-3 20:55
Hi Wolf

Are they using DJI’s AeroScope  to watch the area?  I know they are in use in certain areas in the US

Hi Rich,

uncertain if they are using Aeroscope. As this is a temporary restriction I guess that DJI have some fancy software to search for any temp restrictions then apply the areas to the app. Maybe you know more about this.

regards Wolf
2018-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2018-4-11 14:54
Hi Rich,

uncertain if they are using Aeroscope. As this is a temporary restriction I guess that DJI have some fancy software to search for any temp restrictions then apply the areas to the app. Maybe you know more about this.

Hi Wolf

The AeroScope will monitor any DJI drones that are in the area (within range of device antennas) it reads out your DJI email and serial number on the scope. The DJI Go App will give you fly-safe update notices when you start up the App. This will include any of the airspace temporary restrictions and I do not believe this is part of the AeroScope active role at all.

please note this information is based on my reading and DJI video releases to date. I am sure this will be subject to change as time goes on.

Rich
2018-4-11
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-11 19:59
Hi Wolf

The AeroScope will monitor any DJI drones that are in the area (within range of device antennas) it reads out your DJI email and serial number on the scope. The DJI Go App will give you fly-safe update notices when you start up the App. This will include any of the airspace temporary restrictions and I do not believe this is part of the AeroScope active role at all.

Hi Rich,

thanks for clarifying, had not heard of this. IMHO sadly one more thing to add to the many things that now bloat the app. Rumor has it that DJI will be soon releasing the Inspire laptop  - it will be the only device compatible to run their software.  

regards Wolf
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules