DJI Mavic Pro Platinum - Issue with really High Brightness recording
1519 6 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KissMyAsthma13
lvl.1
Croatia

Greetings,

I'm experienceing some issues when trying to record.

Basically when recording ( for example ) today when it was sunny I have set mode to Sunny and on mobile it looked good but when trying to view it on Laptop it's really bright. I know you can reduce brightness and this is which I did but then footage is kinda grainy??

I've been trying to figure it out for some time but just can't.

I've seen some amazing footage done by DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and this is not even close.
Regards,

Decha

2018-4-2
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

That does not look too bad to me.  The key is to use the histogram and exposure meeting on the screen to adjust your shot.  Don't make your adjustments based on what you see on your cell phone screen, it gets washed out in the sunlight and is often not representative of the end result.  Check out this video...  https://forum.dji.com/thread-135404-1-1.html
P.S.  If you want amazing photos and video, you will need to shoot something other than dirt.  ;-)
2018-4-2
Use props
KissMyAsthma13
lvl.1
Croatia

mlamb Posted at 2018-4-2 04:43
That does not look too bad to me.  The key is to use the histogram and exposure meeting on the screen to adjust your shot.  Don't make your adjustments based on what you see on your cell phone screen, it gets washed out in the sunlight and is often not representative of the end result.  Check out this video...  https://forum.dji.com/thread-135404-1-1.html
P.S.  If you want amazing photos and video, you will need to shoot something other than dirt.  ;-)

Hello,

Thank You for replying.

It's been really cold for like what 5 months? so dirt is pretty much what's around.
But yes I do get your point  

omw to watch it now !
2018-4-2
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi - are you using the 'double frame rate rule' for still shots? if so, don't. for stills this rule does not apply. for stills simply adjust your shutter speed to whatever makes your picture look darker or brighter.
You can also activate your over exposure warning (zebra lines - in camera settings, toggle on or off) - this will help you to see over exposed situations so you can decide what to do about it - you may wish to leave it over exposed but typically you would dial the shutter speed higher if you want to eliminate some or all of the over exposed areas.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep the ISO at 100 and increase the shutter speed
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mlamb Posted at 2018-4-2 04:43
That does not look too bad to me.  The key is to use the histogram and exposure meeting on the screen to adjust your shot.  Don't make your adjustments based on what you see on your cell phone screen, it gets washed out in the sunlight and is often not representative of the end result.  Check out this video...  https://forum.dji.com/thread-135404-1-1.html

Useful information
2018-4-2
Use props
Decha
lvl.1
Croatia

Greetings,

Totally forgot to reply here.

Basically flatening the image and just using any video editing program with auto color setings makes it look amazing.

Basically when flying did my best to do 2-3 tries with "zebra" on to check on ISO and then did my best to set it up and control it.

Still learning how to edit but hopefully some clips will be out soon
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules