Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P2V+ v2 - No Ribbon Cable?
1455 4 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

On your website, the 360 degree view feature of the new and improved Phantom 2 Vision +, there is clearly no gimble ribbon cable in place. Is this a new model, or have you left the ribbon cable out to make nicer photos?
This is very misleading to buyers, if there is in fact still an exposed ribboin cable, but your photo does not show it. This would be a game changer, as we all know the ribbon cable is a major problem and we are all waiting to see your response to this problem. Please advise.

Ribbon Cable?

Ribbon Cable?
2014-10-30
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Good spot Tony.......

Ammunition to some...

How about a Ribbon cable amnesty...  For 1 week only on this forum, give all people who need one for free upon return of a defective cable......

Shows resolution, and that DJI are not trying to ignore or even refuse to acknowledge the issue.

Costs?  well considering the price of the units and the fact that the profits for the company are indeed doing so well, its a respectable Christmas gift to your loyal customers.

To those that don't require a cable, how about a set of props....

Any thoughts DJI?

And back to reality....................................
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

This one as well has no ribbon cable. And is a different design. Are good things coming ?
Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 10.19.42 AM.png
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

+1

Could this go as false advertisement?
Or misleading?

anyhow, i would not have any problem with this if they had normal prices on spareparts like this.
i work in the electronics Industry,  and i sometimes work with ribboncables far more complex than this one.
and the price of those is not even near the 200 dollar I've heard dji is taking.
my guess is that dji maybe pays 15-30 dollar for this cable, maybe even less because of the quantities.
2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well now, slow down. I suspect they have left the cables off to make prettier pictures. They do not show a compass cord on it either. Go to the 360 view and spin it so you can see inside the landing skid. You can see the new compass, but there is no white cord coming out. It's aesthetics. Not wireless. Same with the gamble. At least that's my bet.

compass cable

compass cable
2014-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules