Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 pro plus no pano or other shooting modes
2000 12 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, even after updating to firmware V01.03.06.00 I see no options for pano or other shooting modes in the "photo" menu. It just lists "single photo". What am I doing wrong?

screenshot

screenshot
2018-4-2
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll need to upgrade to a newer firmware version if you'd like to use those new modes. See the firmware release notes for details on the firmware versions you need to be running.
2018-4-2
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

msinger Posted at 2018-4-2 08:04
You'll need to upgrade to a newer firmware version if you'd like to use those new modes. See the firmware release notes for details on the firmware versions you need to be running.

Thank you for you answer. But as I wrote above I have already installed the latest versions (V1.3.6.0 for the RC and V01.05.06 for the aircraft) which are the same as listed in your link. In the release comments on my controller it says that this version contains a new pano mode.....but it does not show.... :-(
2018-4-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You're missing more than pano in that picture, try resetting both RC and AC to default and do a refresh of the firmware without SD mounted in AC.
If you use Assistant 2 for the AC, make sure RC is powered off until done.
2018-4-2
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

pete_xl Posted at 2018-4-2 08:15
Thank you for you answer. But as I wrote above I have already installed the latest versions (V1.3.6.0 for the RC and V01.05.06 for the aircraft) which are the same as listed in your link. In the release comments on my controller it says that this version contains a new pano mode.....but it does not show.... :-(

Which version of the firmware is running on your aircraft? Which version of DJI GO is installed on your remote controller?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, do you insert the SD card? Could you post a screenshot of About page for a double check?
2018-4-2
Use props
pete_xl
lvl.1
Germany

Thank you all! I just drove home from office to verify the software version via screenshot and: Surprise! Surprise! After booting the aircraft and RC it verified that the version is up to date and checking the "photo" menue all the options were there for the first time!
IMG_7342.jpg

What remains is that the Fly Safe Databases do not want to update though I use the micro USB cable connection and have WIFI . Any idea what I can do here?
IMG_7341.jpg

Peter
2018-4-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

pete_xl Posted at 2018-4-2 22:14
Thank you all! I just drove home from office to verify the software version via screenshot and: Surprise! Surprise! After booting the aircraft and RC it verified that the version is up to date and checking the "photo" menue all the options were there for the first time!
[view_image]

Good you got it working.

Just ignore that Fly Safe update, there has been and properly still is an issue that keep it popping up even all is up to date. After some time (or perhaps restarts) it seem to stop prompting for the update.
2018-4-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-2 20:07
Just to verify, do you insert the SD card? Could you post a screenshot of About page for a double check?

Just for the record, if no SD was inserted it would show at the Shutter/Record icon to the right but the symptom would be the same, only Single shot option is possible.

2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pete_xl Posted at 2018-4-2 22:14
[view_image]

Thanks for keeping us updated. We're happy to know everything works well now. Wish you have a good weekend~
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-3 02:20
Just for the record, if no SD was inserted it would show at the Shutter/Record icon to the right but the symptom would be the same, only Single shot option is possible.

[view_image]

Thanks for the kind reminder! We'll keep learning
2018-4-6
Use props
Stephen Johnsto
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I can see how to take panoramas, but have been unable to find any information on what to do with the photos afterwards. Most of the explanations appear  to be for the 4 Pro or Mavic. I contacted DJI support and was advised that the Pro Plus cannot do Panoramas and that although DJI are working on an update to enable this, they have no idea when it will be ready. Is this really the case? It seems inconceivable that DJI would produce their top of the range Phantom 4 which can do less than cheaper models?
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Stephen Johnsto Posted at 2018-4-13 08:43
I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I can see how to take panoramas, but have been unable to find any information on what to do with the photos afterwards. Most of the explanations appear  to be for the 4 Pro or Mavic. I contacted DJI support and was advised that the Pro Plus cannot do Panoramas and that although DJI are working on an update to enable this, they have no idea when it will be ready. Is this really the case? It seems inconceivable that DJI would produce their top of the range Phantom 4 which can do less than cheaper models?

You would need to stitch the pictures together in some software for this.
If using Windows then the MS ICE is easy and simple to use, a more advanced and imo better program would be Hugin.

When you have your panos made you can use different SW to ease the viewing what ever it is local or hosted on your HP, see ex Pano2VR from Garden Gnome Software.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules