Easter in Wachtberg with Mavic Air
12Next >
1168 62 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Filmed on Saturday in special light conditions with changing cloud levels. First test with my Polar Pro Cinema Series Shutter Collection ND Filters. Frank and informed feedback very welcome, my personal feelings are somewhat mixed. Please let me know what I can do better next time, thank you for that in advance!
Nevertheless I have enjoyed the filming very much followed by many hours of painful cutting and cutting and cutting, partly still too long. ;-)
P.S. In the beginning behind the road you see a particularly beautiful area named -Rodderberg-. As much as I would have loved to fly over, it is a protected area and therefore NFZ here. In the background you can also see the river Rhine and Dragon's Rock, the subject of my previous video.
P.P.S. The Dronie in the beginning was not a Quickshot but flown manually, I wanted to try that.
Now here we go:

2018-4-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well done buddy, it's a great video, well edited and fantastic clarity and detail I really enjoyed it. What a beautiful area to fly in. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-2
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Very very nice. Big job in editing. Good the music. Do you use also a polarizing filter ? How software for edit ? Thanks for sharing
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you so much for posting this mate. I enjoyed watching every second of it! Very well controlled flying and very cinematic. Great work that's a like from me!
2018-4-2
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Nice video and an amazing landscape. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video
Good lighting and beautiful area to film!

Some small suggestions from my side:
- Were you flying in cinematic mode? It looks like your start / stop is abrupt, so I don't think so. (like at 1:46 where you stop the gimbal up movement), you can also change the settings manually of course.
- Maybe you can add some low level shots to make it a bit more varied.
  The small house at 0:43 would be a nice one to see from a lower perspective for example.
- If you want to do a pan (left stick to the left or right), you can also try and add a little bit of forward motion to make for a nice and smooth move.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-2 11:23
Well done buddy, it's a great video, well edited and fantastic clarity and detail I really enjoyed it. What a beautiful area to fly in. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much dear friend!
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

astrofly Posted at 2018-4-2 11:24
Very very nice. Big job in editing. Good the music. Do you use also a polarizing filter ? How software for edit ? Thanks for sharing

Thank you! No surprise that you being Italian have liked the music from great Angelo Branduardi of whom I have always been a big fan and have seen him in concerts a number of times.
To our native English speaking friends I would like to explain that the lyrics of this song are actually the 'Canticle of the Sun' by St. Francis of Assisi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canticle_of_the_Sun). After having finished the cutting of the video this afternoon I went out for a walk with our dog contemplating which music I should put to it. Very quickly this one came to my mind.
Now to answer your other question, no polarizing filter, only ND. My software is Cyberlink Power Director.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 11:26
Thank you so much for posting this mate. I enjoyed watching every second of it! Very well controlled flying and very cinematic. Great work  that's a like from me!

2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Marian Posted at 2018-4-2 11:29
Nice video and an amazing landscape. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! :-)
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 13:44

Pleasure - been looking forward to your footage. Did you use the new ND filters?
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-2 12:04
Very nice video
Good lighting and beautiful area to film!

Thank you very much dear friend, also for your more detailed feedback! Yes, all was filmed in cinematic mode. What you experience as -abrupt- are more likely my cuts. Thank you for pointing this out, I shall pay more attention to this next time. Low level shots is a very good proposal too that I definitely want to do more often in the future (have quite a bit of footage on stock already, but from my former Spark). But the -small house- at 0:43 figures prominently at ground level in the opening of the video and the manually flown Dronie.
Your proposal for pans is also great and will be implemented (just in this case it was not possible because of the NFZ), thank you again! :-)
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 13:44
Pleasure - been looking forward to your footage. Did you use the new ND filters?

Yes, first ND 8 (most part of the video) and ND 16 at the end. It should have been the other way round ironically, but the heavy clouds from behind at the end had arrived very suddenly. This is why at the end of the video the foreground is very dark while the mountains in the background were still covered by sunshine. But I liked the contrast.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 14:01
Yes, first ND 8 (most part of the video) and ND 16 at the end. It should have been the other way round ironically, but the heavy clouds from behind at the end had arrived very suddenly. This is why at the end of the video the foreground is very dark while the mountains in the background were still covered by sunshine. But I liked the contrast.

They do take getting use to as the angle and brightness changes the dynamic range of the image during a flight. Looked very crisp throughout to me though mate. Well done again.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 14:05
They do take getting use to as the angle and brightness changes the dynamic range of the image during a flight. Looked very crisp throughout to me though mate. Well done again.

Thank you again :-) Much more to come with hopefully even better results... My addiction keeps on growing ;-)
2018-4-2
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video, thank you, but you should have used German music instead of Italian.  
2018-4-2
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 13:42
Thank you! No surprise that you being Italian have liked the music from great Angelo Branduardi of whom I have always been a big fan and have seen him in concerts a number of times.
To our native English speaking friends I would like to explain that the lyrics of this song are actually the 'Cantacle of the Sun' by St. Francis of Assisi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canticle_of_the_Sun). After having finished the cutting of the video this afternoon I went out for a walk with our dog contemplating which music I should put to it. Very quickly this one came to my mind.
Now to answer your other question, no polarizing filter, only ND. My software is Cyberlink Power Director.

About two times in a year i went to Gubbio, La Verna famous places were  St. Francis lived. Hills, medieval country and very good food. Thanks for all.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

RobertW Posted at 2018-4-2 14:17
Great video, thank you, but you should have used German music instead of Italian.

Thank you, and especially for you the same song/performer in German, just in Italian it is original and authentic:  
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

astrofly Posted at 2018-4-2 14:17
About two times in a year i went to Gubbio, La Verna famous places were  St. Francis lived. Hills, medieval country and very good food. Thanks for all.

Thank you again. I have been there as well, nature at its best and so authentic and beautiful!
2018-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job Captain nice flying , beautiful scenery lovely colours and very good editing. One piece of advice I would give you is when framing try to use what photographers call the rule of thirds there is much information on this you will find around Google.

Well done look forward to your next one.
2018-4-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-2 15:02
Great job Captain nice flying , beautiful scenery lovely colours and very good editing. One piece of advice I would give you is when framing try to use what photographers call the rule of thirds there is much information on this you will find around Google.

Well done look forward to your next one.

Thanks a lot dear friend! I am aware that I did not follow the rule of thirds in this one, but deliberately. Sunlight was very strong despite the clouds and it was my first test with the ND filters. Thus for starting I focussed on having balanced light towards the ground to best catch what I considered to be beautiful texture and shadows. Next time I shall be more relaxed I believe. And at the very end of the video I deliberately showed two thirds of sky because of the plane flying by. Not sure if anyone has noticed it though ;-)
2018-4-2
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Great stuff Wachtberger!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-4-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Very well made video. Thanks for sharing
2018-4-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice video, but could be improved a bit.  Straight down shots are a bit too long.  Pans are very good, nice and smooth.  Some low level shots would help by adding a bit more variation.  On a different note, nice to see the new green grass, it was -19° this morning and green grass is still months away.  
2018-4-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

My thoughts:  Great flying, and I particularly noticed the colors.  I'm not usually as aware of them as I was in your video.  Your colors just seemed perfect to my eye.  Well done.
Now the downside.  If you've seen any of my videos with my horses, you've undoubtedly seen a shot from atop the horse's neck - looking out between his ears.  Along with that, my favorite saying, 'The world is best viewed between a horse's ears.'  Now that expression was first spoken by an equestrian, and I imagine everyone since has been astride an equine when saying that.  But your video had plenty of horses in it.  Land your drone on the withers of one of them and get that perfect shot out between the ears.  
2018-4-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Have to watch your video, when I get back to Civilization.  Where I have GBs for free, vs. paying.
2018-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 13:56
Thank you very much dear friend, also for your more detailed feedback! Yes, all was filmed in cinematic mode. What you experience as -abrupt- are more likely my cuts. Thank you for pointing this out, I shall pay more attention to this next time. Low level shots is a very good proposal too that I definitely want to do more often in the future (have quite a bit of footage on stock already, but from my former Spark). But the -small house- at 0:43 figures prominently at ground level in the opening of the video and the manually flown Dronie.
Your proposal for pans is also great and will be implemented (just in this case it was not possible because of the NFZ), thank you again! :-)

Looking forward to seeing more
Very interesting to see all this beauty!
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 14:08
Thank you again :-) Much more to come with hopefully even better results... My addiction keeps on growing ;-)

Good to hear it mate
2018-4-3
Use props
Séa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488816 ft
Indonesia

Beautiful video!!
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-4-2 17:38
Great stuff Wachtberger!

Cheers...

Thank you dear friend! :-)
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Woe Posted at 2018-4-2 17:49
Very well made video. Thanks for sharing

Thank you verry much!
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-4-2 19:52
Nice video, but could be improved a bit.  Straight down shots are a bit too long.  Pans are very good, nice and smooth.  Some low level shots would help by adding a bit more variation.  On a different note, nice to see the new green grass, it was -19° this morning and green grass is still months away.

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback! Yes, it was a nice spring day. In about two weeks time the trees should be green again too.
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-2 21:07
My thoughts:  Great flying, and I particularly noticed the colors.  I'm not usually as aware of them as I was in your video.  Your colors just seemed perfect to my eye.  Well done.
Now the downside.  If you've seen any of my videos with my horses, you've undoubtedly seen a shot from atop the horse's neck - looking out between his ears.  Along with that, my favorite saying, 'The world is best viewed between a horse's ears.'  Now that expression was first spoken by an equestrian, and I imagine everyone since has been astride an equine when saying that.  But your video had plenty of horses in it.  Land your drone on the withers of one of them and get that perfect shot out between the ears.

Thanks a lot! Yes, a lot of horses here and I'll discuss your proposal with them next time ;-)
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-2 21:27
Have to watch your video, when I get back to Civilization.  Where I have GBs for free, vs. paying.

Thank you for taking interest!
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Thank you very much!
2018-4-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-3 01:28
Thanks a lot! Yes, a lot of horses here and I'll discuss your proposal with them next time ;-)

Hahahahaha.
Wait for the animal police to start harassing you
2018-4-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

You're welcome.
2018-4-3
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-2 14:31
Thank you, and especially for you the same song/performer in German, just in Italian it is original and authentic:  youtube.com/watch?v=LBS2G18F7jA

Thank you for this great video. I hope, you have not been offended by my suggestion.  I was only thinking because your clip shows this beautiful German landscape the matching music should be a German theme. Don't get me wrong, I love Angelo Branduardi's songs.
2018-4-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

RobertW Posted at 2018-4-3 10:34
Thank you for this great video. I hope, you have not been offended by my suggestion.  I was only thinking because your clip shows this beautiful German landscape the matching music should be a German theme. Don't get me wrong, I love Angelo Branduardi's songs.

Thank you again! :-) And don't worry, all is well. Due to my international work I am slightly multi-lingual and most of the time actually don't speak my native language. I really love the sound and characteristics of the other languages too. French and Italian are at the top of my list while I very much appreciate subtle ways to express complex things in English too. Each culture has it's own richness to share and here we are in the best place to enjoy it every day again by this huge variety of forum members from all parts of the world. Just great!
2018-4-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Frank and informed feedback very welcome,

I liked video.  Two things I would suggest.  

One being smoothing transitions between views, the abrut transitions whereby the view jumps stands out.   Nothing fancy, simple blend over 1-second, would do it.

The other is personal preference.  Straight down shots are good for looking into something that can't be view from ground, like inside of a old silo or a clear pond.  When cruising over open areas, I would try aiming camera slightly upward to give viewer a sense of where they are going and some depth perspective.

Music was a great choice.  It was relaxing, like landscape.   
Opening with shed was nice touch.

2018-4-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules