Props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

Guys, i saw some different types of propellers. I was thinking of the 3-blade propellers. What is the difference between 2 and 3 blades? I have the P3S and i´am often flying at lower attitudes, so i was thinking if it won´t get better thrust. Do you think i sould buy them? Thank you for your suggestions.
2018-4-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Where did you see them?  
2018-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This has been discussed quite a few times in various forums.  The consensus is, stick with the DJI props for best performance.  
2018-4-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you think i should buy them?
That all depends on whether you think that slapping on some cheap, unbalanced and unknown junk you find on ebay will give a better result that the props designed by DJI's propulsion engineers to match to the motors and ESCs.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't chance using anything but DJI props
2018-4-2
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't waste time on three bladed props. Dangerously bad. Risk your P3 or more. No kidding. Been there done that.  Stick to stock.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's not a good deal of losing the drone for the sake of small ones.
2018-4-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Unlike regular RC use - Drones such as DJI are camera platforms and the Flight Controller is set-up to provide balanced, stable flight pattern. The DJI props are based on requirements to create a combination of reasonable power draw vs thrust / lift.
Our use of sticks alters the balance of the 4 motors to create movement up / down / side / fwd / back etc. The Flight Controller uses accelerometers, GPS and barometer to gauge the effect it has when  altering each motors thrust / lift.

OK - what does that have to do with changing props ? It means that Flight Controller will still provide that as long as props are in the range to fly as required. Whether 2 or 3 blade - makes little difference in fact. The FC will adjust the motors rpm and props thrust / lift to be as required for the manoeuvre.  The only possible change to performance could be in max speed - but if that is higher - then that also means flight time could be shorter.
You may also suffer higher power demand for a given command due to higher drag or weight of the props.

In regular RC and where the model plane is to be used in a specific style of flying - it is common to play with blade count, pitch, diameter to arrive at desired. But with these Phantoms - we are looking at overall compromise to provide stable and dependable long flights. I suggest the DJI prop may just be the props to use.

Nigel
2018-4-2
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-2 23:30
Unlike regular RC use - Drones such as DJI are camera platforms and the Flight Controller is set-up to provide balanced, stable flight pattern. The DJI props are based on requirements to create a combination of reasonable power draw vs thrust / lift.
Our use of sticks alters the balance of the 4 motors to create movement up / down / side / fwd / back etc. The Flight Controller uses accelerometers, GPS and barometer to gauge the effect it has when  altering each motors thrust / lift.

Thank you !
2018-4-2
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Slovakia

Thank you all guys !
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now