DJI TB50 battery charging station is shipping now!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have been waiting for a long time for this new Multi Charging Station to be released. Check out this video posted below.

Be sure to comment

Rich

2018-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ordered my new  DJI Battery Station and will be arriving this week      It appears the first batch sold out quickly  and now they have them back for sale with shipping 10-15 from your order.  

https://www.dji.com/tb50-battery ... ndsite&from=nav

Has anyone else ordered this?

Rich
2018-4-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-17 09:57
Ordered my new  DJI Battery Station and will be arriving this week      It appears the first batch sold out quickly  and now they have them back for sale with shipping 10-15 from your order.  

https://www.dji.com/tb50-battery-station?site=brandsite&from=nav

Definitely nice solution for a big job ... For an average semi-pro it's an overkill with a price tag on ouch side, IMHO. Having 4 only TB50 batteries for my M200, I'm able to cover most missions efficiently enough with two 180W power supplies and two charging hubs. Either way one need sufficient AC source available to charge these batts in field, and that's the most troubling part of the issue ...
2018-4-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-18 11:10
Definitely nice solution for a big job ... For an average semi-pro it's an overkill with a price tag on ouch side, IMHO. Having 4 only TB50 batteries for my M200, I'm able to cover most missions efficiently enough with two 180W power supplies and two charging hubs. Either way one need sufficient AC source available to charge these batts in field, and that's the most troubling part of the issue ...

Hi Matthew
I agree with you, but I like to have good quality tools to use when you need to work on things.  I originally was not going to get this device because of the cost and like you say, overkill for a semi-pro hobbyist.  I have recently gained some experience with the TB 50 batteries that changed my mind on this matter. (Much rather buy the new Mavic Pro 2 )

As you are aware, I have successfully taken 2 TB 50 batteries apart and repaired the out of balance condition. These 2 batteries were not under warranty and donated by Florida Drone Supply.  I can say that these batteries are glued together and a royal pain in the B## to take apart without damaging the plastic cases. With this said, I have a much better understanding of the battery management system and think the new DJI Battery Station will give you valuable information about your batteries and give you the means to keep them in shape.

I will be posting the video on Youtube soon, but these batteries were way out of balance and they most likely would not be fixed using the new FW.

I have shared some of my photos on the other battery error threads in the forum.

All the best
Rich

2018-4-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-18 20:09
Hi Matthew
I agree with you, but I like to have good quality tools to use when you need to work on things.  I originally was not going to get this device because of the cost and like you say, overkill for a semi-pro hobbyist.  I have recently gained some experience with the TB 50 batteries that changed my mind on this matter. (Much rather buy the new Mavic Pro 2  )

Rich, I totally missed this battery clinic of yours! Just read the whole story, very interesting. Some of my TB 47/48 batts are showing signs of ageing, but they're about 3 years old. Do you believe your method may re-vitalize DJI batteries with slowly deteriorating capacity?
Cheers,
Matthew.
2018-4-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-18 23:52
Rich, I totally missed this battery clinic of yours! Just read the whole story, very interesting. Some of my TB 47/48 batts are showing signs of ageing, but they're about 3 years old. Do you believe your method may re-vitalize DJI batteries with slowly deteriorating capacity?
Cheers,
Matthew.

Hi Matthew
I guess not knowing the history or cycles  regarding your batteries it would be difficult to answer your question.

Of course, if you manage your batteries and do not allow them to sit around in high temperatures while flying or during storage and keep them at 50% charge rate when not in use. Don't fly the batteries down to 10% repeatedly. It is better to fly 50-70% of a fully charged pack and then change it out.  This will help with longer life.  The age of your batteries factors into this also.  Some users will just toss out older batteries and prefer to use new packs.  If you have 200 cycles on the pack, (lucky you) it's time to replace it.

So with all this said, the DJI intelligent battery circuit should keep them in fair shape. If you already have a Li-Po battery charger and you have the ability to remove the top battery cover of your battery. You can definitely discharge, balance and manage these batteries manually. You can actually do a better job because you have complete control.  You will need a special wiring harness to make this connection to the battery. I can make a few more of these when asked.  Send me a email request if you decide to pursue this further.

Rich  
2018-4-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-19 08:22
Hi Matthew
I guess not knowing the history or cycles  regarding your batteries it would be difficult to answer your question.

Rich, thank you for response. Taking TB47 or 48 battery cover off is not a problem to me at all, I did that fixing jammed button issue. I'm just not sure if this is worth the effort of purchasing yet another necessary charger, your harness etc. The set of 4 (1 of 47 + 3 of 48) was charged average 45 times, deep-cycled twice, keep at 50% and watched periodically during long Canadian winter hibernation. However, I missed somehow this requirement of fully charging/discharging every 3 months. That's probably why some of them are already at 70-75% capacity. No alarming cells off-balance issue observed, only shortened flight time. Another symptom of battery ageing I observed is a decreased ability to deliver solid power when needed for longer portion of flight, resulting in automatically applied current limitation and on-screen warning.

Just purchased new TB48 (manufactured Feb 2018) for some flight time demanding tasks like high resolution panorama shooting. I should be OK during this 3-rd season with my beloved and dependable Inspire 1, I believe ...
Cheers,
Matthew.
2018-4-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-19 11:01
Rich, thank you for response. Taking TB47 or 48 battery cover off is not a problem to me at all, I did that fixing jammed button issue. I'm just not sure if this is worth the effort of purchasing yet another necessary charger, your harness etc. The set of 4 (1 of 47 + 3 of 48) was charged average 45 times, deep-cycled twice, keep at 50% and watched periodically during long Canadian winter hibernation. However, I missed somehow this requirement of fully charging/discharging every 3 months. That's probably why some of them are already at 70-75% capacity. No alarming cells off-balance issue observed, only shortened flight time. Another symptom of battery ageing I observed is a decreased ability to deliver solid power when needed for longer portion of flight, resulting in automatically applied current limitation and on-screen warning.

Just purchased new TB48 (manufactured Feb 2018) for some flight time demanding tasks like high resolution panorama shooting. I should be OK during this 3-rd season with my beloved and dependable Inspire 1, I believe ...

Matthew
I think you maybe in the DIY group and I have put some of the devices to look at. If you want the ability to charge, discharge, storage.  The battery checker can balance the battery but will take a very long time and only costs about $35  plus the harness  and you use the stock DJI charger to charge it up.

Rich

Send me a PM if you think it is worth it.

Photos showing the process of fixing the #2 Inspire 2 battery only using the ISDT battery checker

Cheap battery checker with balance mode (slow)

power supply for charger

ISDT charger low cost unit

IMG_0027.PNG IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0038.jpg IMG_0048.jpg IMG_0050.PNG
2018-4-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received my new DJI Battery Station and it is Awesome. I put some of my first battery photos showing my 6 battery's and some of the information available using this great device.  I hope some of the others post more information once they receive their units.

Rich

IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0061.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0063.jpg IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0070.jpg
2018-4-19
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-19 15:04
I received my new DJI Battery Station and it is Awesome. I put some of my first battery photos showing my 6 battery's and some of the information available using this great device.  I hope some of the others post more information once they receive their units.

Rich

Hi !!
Thanks for feedback!

1) Do you know if the feature to upgrade firmware for all batteries plugged in this station is already available?
2) Does your Station fixed your 2TB50 getting Volatage error??

Thanks
2018-4-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-19 22:58
Hi !!
Thanks for feedback!

Hi Yoyman
I purposely left 4 of my batteries on the older FW to have try my new Battery Station up date them.

1] Currently the Battery Station does not update the FW on the TB 50 batteries. DJI Mindy, confirmed this for me and could be in a future FW update on the Battery Station.

2] I feel the new FW will correct the out of balance batteries that can be saved. The new Battery Station will definitely help allow you manage the batteries you have with much better capability's

So far, I very impressed with this device and it works very well. The Quick Charge is incredible and this is a very useful feature.

Rich   
2018-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another couple of videos  of the Battery Station in action

2018-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

For those Inspire 2  or   M200 owners waiting for this to get back in stock

The wait is over ships in 1-3 days  

Rich
2018-5-21
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

I just got mine yesterday, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. B&H has marked it down to $1019, but I think I ordered the last one they had in stock because it went from In Stock to More on the Way as soon as I ordered mine on Friday. The price is still the same though, so if you're willing to wait, you can order it for shipment once they arrive.
2018-5-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-5-22 06:08
I just got mine yesterday, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. B&H has marked it down to $1019, but I think I ordered the last one they had in stock because it went from In Stock to More on the Way as soon as I ordered mine on Friday. The price is still the same though, so if you're willing to wait, you can order it for shipment once they arrive.

Wow, that's a great price. I really think this is a necessary device for us to monitor and charge these batteries.

Please report back your impressions and share photos too.

Keep in mind that we are waiting for a FW update to allow us to update the batteries FW using the station ..

Rich
2018-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I can only dream of needing that
2018-5-24
Use props
RichJ53