Edit: Sorry for this post, figured out problem
2015-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing the fix...

That will definitely come in very handy.

Should make it a sticky! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-5-7
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-8 04:21
Thanks for sharing the fix...

That will definitely come in very handy.

Lol, we Canadians are funny that way!! I can't figure out how to delete a post and my question was noobie beyond belief so I chose this option!! Happy flying RedHot, when you finally get your P3!! Cheers from Mississauga!
2015-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah finally, that's very funny! Ah, coming from you, lucky bagger, living in Mississauga. ;-)
How could you be so fortunate, than living there, just happened to be at the right place & time, for the Phantom 3?

If a truck leaves Mississauga Great Hobbies on a Tuesday, and only makes pit stops for fuel, sleep, meals and such...
How many moons will it be, before she arrives in Edmonton with my Phantom 3 Pro'? Hahaha

I will certainly let you know first. ;-)

"It won't be long now."

RedHotPoker
2015-5-8
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-9 02:38
Yeah finally, that's very funny! Ah, coming from you, lucky bagger, living in Mississauga. ;-)
How c ...

Well I would be luckier if I could get it to work!! Following instructions is not me strongest attribute! ;-)
I can't even register the thing. When I turn on the Tx and phantom then load the app like suggested by droneflyers, it should bring me to a registration screen. Then you should have option to do firmware update. DJI explicitly states that anyone can fly right out of the box, but that excludes the technology impaired such as myself!! Maybe I will get the geek squad from Best Buy........lol!!
2015-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

But I thought that you already had it figured out? Must have been a different query.There are some decent vids which can be quite helpful, and some knowledgeable threads with plenty of info.
http://www.phantompilots.com/forums/phantom-3-help.100/
Have a quick look and see...
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ing-firmware.40615/

Or, why not Just call our friends at Great Hobbies... :-)
Perhaps take the unit in with Tx and have them give it the works, for you...

They truly are 'great' about giving customer service and they're very gracious with help on their phone, as well.

It would be hilarious, if, I was up and flying before you. Snickers @ Guffaws...
Best Get busy buster... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-5-8
Use props
Mar1
lvl.1

Canada

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-9 03:26
Well I would be luckier if I could get it to work!! Following instructions is not me strongest att ...

s_nyky.yahoo you got your P3 right did they charge for GST or Tax when it arrive?
2015-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hopefully he is out flying and having a rush~riot.
GOVERNMENT 'SIR' sales TAX, why yes, everybody must pay it, for regular purchases.
Even when we import  goods, or we may also pay it at the Canada Post office instead.
One way or the other, & the other is often not pretty...

RedHotPoker
2015-5-8
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

Mar1 Posted at 2015-5-9 03:51
s_nyky.yahoo you got your P3 right did they charge for GST or Tax when it arrive?

Yeah, the taxman always gets his cut! Pro model with tax came to $1853 or so. Waiting for extra batteries like the rest of the world though!!
2015-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Gee I am feeling rather disappointed this afternoon. After a phone call to Great Hobbies, seems the  Phantom 3 Pro' models that were delivered here, were already spoken for.
So I may be in for a little longer than expected wait...
Who knows, and who cares? The order mine is in, will get here in the city, when it does and I will still be happy.
Tax or no tax. ;-)
Anyway, my little green attendance  light is back on again, so I must be present.

RedHotPoker

2015-5-9
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-10 08:15
Gee I am feeling rather disappointed this afternoon. After a phone call to Great Hobbies, seems the  ...

Hey RedHot, finally put her in the air today! One word, Awesome! Still a little glitchy and losing connection to the app but flies amazing. New firmware just announced so I will see if that helps any! Hope you are flying soon!
2015-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi,
Thanks, I hope I'm flying soon as well. So You are already up up and away, soaring? Well isn't that some awesome news to hear.
I hope that you enjoy the best experiences with it, and that it remains mostly trouble free. The latest update might correct the issues.
Which kind of tablet are you using?

Being that you live in Mississauga, it seems only right, that you are flying already...
The waiting hasn't been as bad this week as last week was.
Because man, the anticipation was driving me, and thinking also of all the places I wish to visit and explore from above...
Anyway, the longer I wait, the shorter if will be. Hehehe
Ah, perhaps better firmware and updates will already have been released.
& Perhaps even a Phantom 4? J/K

Looking forward to seeing some of your awesome pics and incredible looking video presentations soon.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

s_nyky,
Haven't heard back from you in a few days...
So, how's piloting the new Phantom 3 been lately? Are you getting the hang of her, a little better now, and enjoying trouble free flights, using the new upgraded freeware...?
Please Post some Pics or cool Vids even, of your fun and adventures... Thanks

RedHotPoker
2015-5-28
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-29 01:46
s_nyky,
Haven't heard back from you in a few days...
So, how's piloting the new Phantom 3 been latel ...

Hey RedHot, yeah I have been trying to get out as much as possible!! I love the way it flies yet I am still having some disconnection problems. As for my video skills there is still a lot I need to learn about settings which I am getting a lot of information from this forum! Hollywood isn't calling me yet!!
    I read a few of your posts, haven't got yours YET!! It's not like you are up in the Arctic jeez......Hopefully not too much longer!!
Take care,

Scott
2015-5-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi,
Yeah, Just keep practicing within your LOS. Continue watching explanatory vids on YouTube, and make sure to always keep your Phantom 3, radio and smart battery/s updated with the latest software download.
Yup, I am still waiting in anticipatory mode here, and honestly, my patience has waned...I am going to be calling http://www.multirotorheli.ca/collections/dji-phantom-3-new , later today, if Great Hobbies doesn't have an actual or approximate day of receiving them next Phantom 3 orders. I could have been enjoying my quad for several weeks already, instead of enjoying everyone else's, that posts awesome video, pics. And their joyous positive experiences.
But this is one Heck of a long distance learning experience. At least Thee manuals are great to read though...  

Been investigating a bit too, Some of the other RC companies have released very nice new quads, and the latest heli's as well are beginning to make an appearance, in the hobby shops and online commerce sites too. There are plenty of choices these days, no shortage of the others either, they are available.

Anyway, Keep at the practice and utilize your SIM on it, and soon hopefully you can get your own YouTube Channel set up. ;-)
That's something I hope to accomplish before the snow flies... Hahaha yeah, already thinking about winter. It's right near June now.

How much longer shall I endure this prolonged hardship and mental torture?
Nothing good lasts forever, and my friendly banter here, well you know... Going goin, goi, go, g

Edit: I just talked to Great Hobbies, they received five Phantom 3 Advanced today. And from the online paper work, Wayne discovered fifty Phantom 3 Professional models are waiting on customs in Toronto.
So they should be trucking this way soon. Yes by Tuesday. Ah, give him a week to drive here to central Alberta. So another week and a couple more days.
Hold on Sally...

RedHotPoker

2015-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I wonder what ever happened to Mississauga @s_nyky.yahoo.

I do Hope that he is still flying for the most awesomist Phantom 3 Pro' Team. ;-)
Check in, once in a bloody Blue Moon, stranger. . . ;-)

My Phantom 3 Pro' has been boss, since day one.  Still, no screw pocket cracks.
Never a problem. She's been a Worry Free drone without any major/minor concerns.
Essentially a dream model, that everyone wishes for on day one. Mine actually came true.

Good luck with yours, if you are continuing flying it.

RedHotPoker
2015-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, he surely disappeared, right off the flight map... ;-)
Hope things eventually worked out for him in the final chapters...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules