12Next >
3796 43 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Cataldi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854341 ft
United States

Hey everyone. I’m wanting to buying the mavic air instead of the pro because I just need a drone that has some portability and also quality. I’m not looking for some professional thing but something that can get me satisfied. I used to have a P3A but the portable thing wasn’t that good so I’m in doubt by looking the flight time and distance of signal of the mavic air. Certainly I won’t go to far away with the drone but these two factors (flight time and distance) are messing with me. Please give your opinions about the two machines, it will help me a lot. And I’m want to buy the combo with the batteries even if I choose the air or the pro.
2018-4-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get both - it's only a couple of grand to have both in the bag.
2018-4-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Agree with ACW get both. They both are great aircraft. Whichever you go for you will be happy with. I cant fault either.
2018-4-3
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want portability, both are portable but MA is lighter hence its called Air. I have an MP and Spark and I thought of getting the MA because of the new features but I just love both my drones I can't let them go. Besides, they didn't give me any problem at all. If you want more flight time, then go with MP. I can't tell you much about MA aside from what I read from this forum. But its sounds like MA is a pretty good drone. Its really up to you. You mentioned you won't fly that far, then MA is the answer for that.
2018-4-3
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Get the mp platinum. Portable and quiet. Ocusync and longer flighttime
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Both very portable, and fit in very compact shoulder bags , battery time if this is a consideration as well as distance then Mavic Pro .
If you want up to date tech more obstacle avoidance, then MavAir.
2018-4-3
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Pro...... forget the air, it's junk. Packed with features, Loaded with problems, and not worth the money.
2018-4-3
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I would get the Mavic Pro...it's just as portable, much quieter in the air, has better connection (occusync) and longer flight times.
2018-4-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both great drones.  So get them both.  
2018-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-3 08:36
Pro...... forget the air, it's junk. Packed with features, Loaded with problems, and not worth the money.

Having a problem working your air ?
2018-4-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Both great drones, but I say go with the PRO.
2018-4-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Both are great drones.
As stated before.
But the 'Pro' is a bit better if you ask me.
Unless you really need the 4K with 100Mb/s.
2018-4-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

For me it's
P3P for a work horse, no glitches, video drops or crashes since they stopped mess'in with the FW.

MP for good portability, easy on the ears, great flight time and good video/photo quality

MA for great portability, good flight time and good video/photo quality and great quickshot features

P4P for average portability, good flight time, excellent video/photo quality

Each one serves a purpose, the best one for you is the one that fits your need and budget.
2018-4-3
Use props
totalitarian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Pro also has way points and works with 3rd party apps such as litchi
2018-4-3
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Even though I like the Platinum better than the Air, but I if I were to buy one of the two AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT, I would go for the Air, all because you will get more new features and improvement in future updates. There hasn't been any real new features for the Platinum ever since the Air came out.
2018-4-3
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Get a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Spark. I had the spark for 9 month now and got myself a Mavic Pro Platinum last week. The combo of both is nearly perfect. Portability and weight wins the spark. Doing selfie stuff, dronies and blahblahblah I take the spark with me. But if I want to go more into long distant shots and I want to rely on things like smooth working gimbal turns I already love the platinum with its Mavic Pro controller. It’s just awesome and the platinum is so just damn silence compared to the little ones like spark or air. Your will love it for not getting too much attention.

Another point seems the firmware of the spark and platinum are really solid now. And both firmwares have a bumpy road behind them. So I would recommend to pass the air.

And I would not recommend to buy fly more combos. In my personal experience the bags are ... er ok. Or more they where sh... let’s say you can get better bags for less bucks. Get yourself at least a controller for the spark and the platinum in the min package. Batteries you order after you got a flying routine and now how much juice you really need. At that time you will also want to order some spare props.
2018-4-3
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

Considering you can buy a refurbished one from DJI for $670, and they've been even cheaper with the eBay coupons, Mavic Pro is the way to go. You can have a MP and almost two batteries for the cost of a Mavic Air that includes nothing. And it's not like the MA is much smaller, though its camera is better.
2018-4-3
Use props
Vaporay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 870673 ft

I have both. I like the Pro for its power in climbing just after lift-off or descending & long-er distance flights. The Air is more fun to fly, but shorter flights. Both cameras are great, but different in output. Air footage is a bit superior.

2018-4-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Never owned an Air just a MP and I absolutely love it.  
2018-4-3
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own both, I love both, I keep the MA in the truck as I travel around just in case I see something that would be cool to get video of.  If I am going to a place specifically for shooting video I will bring my MPP.  Both are great drones.  MPP gives you 30 minutes of flight time. I get about 18-20 on the MA.
2018-4-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pro, Platinum or wait for Pro 2... if you are going to fly do it right.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-4-3 15:37
I own both, I love both, I keep the MA in the truck as I travel around just in case I see something that would be cool to get video of.  If I am going to a place specifically for shooting video I will bring my MPP.  Both are great drones.  MPP gives you 30 minutes of flight time. I get about 18-20 on the MA.

I love both too. Thank you so much for your support of DJI products.
2018-4-3
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Love my Air but if you can wait a few weeks, the announcement for the Pro 2 looks to be imminent.  Then you can see what it offers before you buy.
2018-4-3
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Netherlands

i friend of mine has a pro and i own a air, yes the pro has a lot of more flight time but i have three batterys and i seldom fly all tree at once. when i use all three i am at least 45 min in the air. distance wise i can go beyond 1 km easy but i hardly ever need that kind of range. so i would just go for the air. the 100bitrate also really helps your footage
2018-4-5
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

You either buy
One Mavic Pro and one Spark
OR
Just a Mavic Air

Mavic Pro + Spark Mavic Air
2018-4-5
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic Air because despite the name its camera is superior to the Pro - it's all very well having a drone, looks cool, flies further but at the end of the day its what comes out the camera that matters
2018-4-5
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-3 19:30

I have both also.  The Mavic is still my favorite but the Air is my choice for short excursions and quick shots - I can carry it in my pocket  -  and in situations where space and weight are EXTREMELY critical. The only drone  I've abandoned almost completely is the Spark ;-(
2018-4-5
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

I sold my (brilliant) Spark and had to choose the Air or the Pro.

I went with the Air and I'm extremely happy with it.  I know the Pro folds up as well, but the fact the Air can fit in a jacket pocket and the controller has removable sticks makes me a lot more likely to leave the house with a Drone, rather than save it for special occasions or have to carry a bag.

Portability was my number one priority, especially when I take it out with me on my MTB.
2018-4-5
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-3 08:36

I'm with you there, looking at all the issue posts on here.
2018-4-5
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLJones Posted at 2018-4-3 20:53
Love my Air but if you can wait a few weeks, the announcement for the Pro 2 looks to be imminent.  Then you can see what it offers before you buy.

Summer looks more Imminent in my diary.
2018-4-5
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-4-5 07:07
I'm with you there, looking at all the issue posts on here.

I bet there was an equal amount of problem posts when all the other drones 1st released.
90% of the issues are user errors or not understanding the drone fully.
2018-4-5
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-3 19:30

Yeah, but i bet you your employer gave those at a really sweet discount or free
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Griffith Posted at 2018-4-5 06:23
I have both also.  The Mavic is still my favorite but the Air is my choice for short excursions and quick shots - I can carry it in my pocket  -  and in situations where space and weight are EXTREMELY critical. The only drone  I've abandoned almost completely is the Spark ;-(

Wow, you have three drones, it's really cool.

Yeah, the Mavic air is the most convenient one to be carried in a pocket. You loved the Mavic pro and the Mavic air, your Spark will feel lonely.
2018-4-5
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Robothamster Posted at 2018-4-5 07:27
I bet there was an equal amount of problem posts when all the other drones 1st released.
90% of the issues are user errors or not understanding the drone fully.

Hell of a lot of new people weekly on here and I am tempted to agree with you. 1st thing I did when I got my 1st DJI was download the full manual and read it back to front with the P3S in front of me.
2018-4-6
Use props
TFile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
United Kingdom

The mavic air is a beast, I really don't think you'll be disappointed!
2018-4-6
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-5 22:36
Wow, you have three drones, it's really cool.

Yeah, the Mavic air is the most convenient one to be carried in a pocket. You loved the Mavic pro and the Mavic air, your Spark will feel lonely.

I've put the Spark to good use ... I "loaned" it to a newbie.
2018-4-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't go wrong with the Mavic Air.  I've had it for a few months now and still loving it!  It's a great product...sturdy, lots of camera settings, and plenty to keep you busy even if your not a pro-photographer.  Just my two cents.

2018-4-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2018-4-5 06:23
I have both also.  The Mavic is still my favorite but the Air is my choice for short excursions and quick shots - I can carry it in my pocket  -  and in situations where space and weight are EXTREMELY critical. The only drone  I've abandoned almost completely is the Spark ;-(

Yes, I keep wanting to take my SPARK out but when the weather is nice I always grab my Mavic Air.  I just don't want to miss out on some great shots and with all the different video resolutions, frame rates, etc.   We'll, my poor little SPARK hasn't seen any fly time in a while.  So sad!  
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Griffith Posted at 2018-4-6 10:34
I've put the Spark to good use ... I "loaned" it to a newbie.

Sounds great!
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-4-6 10:40
Yes, I keep wanting to take my SPARK out but when the weather is nice I always grab my Mavic Air.  I just don't want to miss out on some great shots and with all the different video resolutions, frame rates, etc.   We'll, my poor little SPARK hasn't seen any fly time in a while.  So sad!

You are so lovely.
2018-4-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules