Video Editing (Davinci Resolve)
2327 9 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

Im slowly but surely learning more and more to video editing. I had never edited a video in my life before getting spark and have "edited" 2 videos so far in the week that I have owned my spark. I have been watching a ton of youtube videos/cinematics shot on spark to learn different film techniques and different ways too edit. The one thing I have seen in a few spark videos is people slowing down/speeding up footage post production. However when Ive tried this (mainly slowing down), the video begins to smear at the top and the whole video stutters. This was done using optical flow and speed 50% @ 25FPS. Any adivce on how to get a smooth clean slow mo post produciton in Davinci Resolve? Also should I use the suggested 29.97 FPS to edit or can I use 25FPS for more cinematice shots?
First clip is normal speed @25FPS
Second Clip is 50% @25FPS

2018-4-3
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft

I prefer tripod while flying!
2018-4-3
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft

This makes the video smooth
3D9BEED1-44AA-4D29-8024-FE061D8D0885.png
2018-4-3
Use props
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

Ive been reading about Tripod mode and how its suppose to help, ill have to give it a try next flight. Thank you!
2018-4-3
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

you need to slow down your movements when you're filming. lower the gimbal pitch speed as well. Tripod mode is a good method while learning the slow moves with the controller sticks.
usually you need to film at a higher frame rate in order to slow the footage down in post and not having motion blur.
change the frame rate from 30 fps to 25. that will slow down a bit.
still, your "camera operator" skills are important
2018-4-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Don't change your framerate in davinci!(keep 29.97 FPS), also when go to deliver, set always codec to h264 (mp4 for mp4 files and  quiktime for mov files.)
choose framerate same as orginal, quality restrict to 50.000 and encoding profile to high.
Then slow motion, if you fps is 60 you can slowmotion half (you get 30fps) is you slowmotion a movie with 30 fps you get a stutter movie!
Spark is FHD: 1920×1080 30p so now slow motion
2018-4-3
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Even film cameras output would bother most eyes at that pan speed.  Slowing down is the key.  Any digital camera, even with high frame rates has limits.  There are ways to interpolate 30FPS to slow it down smoothly-ish (depending on your software's ability of course), but results may be good or not so good depending on the nature of the content.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jerpie Posted at 2018-4-3 09:27
This makes the video smooth

Useful information. Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-6
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

I don't dare to use any flight modes which require constant input via mobile interface, TapFly in this case, since the app frequently gets so unresponsive that it makes this mode dangerous.
Even changing or cancelling modes are such a hassle that I rather just fly all manual. It will be smooth eventually
I wish for a simple and responsive app that I can trust - without any media editing features.
2018-4-6
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules