Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad Video Quality
844 10 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>

Hey there,

ive got a Air but returned it due to range issues.
Now i got a Pro
I Recorded a 4K 30FPS , True Color -1,0,0 with the SD Card delivered by DJI

You have to download the Movie to see the whole mess.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqpVZGz_qrJ9go5Qsx1FT2tNK5eYmQ

Is my Mavic broken ?

2018-4-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I would say no, you've run into a limitation of the camera stack with H.264 and where the max throughput is 60Mbps. A higher throughput or different compression algorithm would handle this shot fine.

I am a bit surprised though that your subject matter would push the limits of the stack; you usually see this on stretches on low-detail grassy fields, for instance, maybe the -1 sharpening made the issue more likely to surface?

I also often wonder if exposure levels have an effect -- your shot was underexposed -- think I've also seen this on aforementioned well-exposed grassy fields, but in this case a more balanced exposure might have allowed enough detail to avoid the compression fail. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

histogram.png

2018-4-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How high were you???  Fly little bit lower and make sure you tap for the AUTOFOCUS.
2018-4-3
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

As Ex Machina pointed out there are limits to the Mavic camera capture - in particular when its doing runtime compression and noise reduction. Plus low contrast and low light are it's nemesis!  The best setting I use is +1, 0, 0 d-log with a slow shutter speed (1/50) @ 25fps and ISO set to 100 - and I use an ND filter to control exposure. After, I always do some post processing. First, with Neat Video - to sort out the high frequency noise using a tailored Mavic noise profile, and which also reduces the 8 frame GOP temporal noise. Then a bit of grading to bring the image back from d-log to rec 709.
2018-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I am just downloading the file, but from what I read,  have put up the original file on the SD card or is this something out of your editor.
I am still downloading, but if from the editor, I think I know what is wrong.
2018-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

This went through an editor with an MPEG movie output it seems.
There is your answer, unless I am mistaken.
Please confirm or not.
thanks
2018-4-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

This went through an editor with an MPEG movie output it seems.

Why do you think that?
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ahrimaan, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. The link that you provided is unable to be opened, could you please check it again and provide some original videos from the SD card? We'll look into it, thanks in advance!
2018-4-3
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>

Hi, this movie ist directly from the Drone .
No editing happened .

@DJI Diana : hmm Strange , all other Users can Open it. Maybe its a local Problem ? ;)

@All : i will try to Change my movie settings and see If i can get better Videos.

2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ahrimaan Posted at 2018-4-3 21:04
No editing happened .

Thanks for your update, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ahrimaan Posted at 2018-4-3 21:04
No editing happened .

Does one have to have an Office 365/Microsoft account to access your file? I happen to have one through work and was prompted to login -- maybe this is what's keeping DJI Diana from seeing it?
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules