Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro - AEB giving poor results with slow shutter speed?
761 3 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

If you use the AEB mode for still photography with your Mavic Pro and have experieinced issues, like when doing 3 shots the 1 & 2 ones will have the same exposure, or when doing 5 the 2 & 3 will have the same exposure, was your shutter speed set to 1/50 or lower?  If you have any images where this occurred, go back and check what the shutter speed was on the first exposure of the AEB set and post it here.

I'm suspecting this is a side effect of a slow shutter speed caused by using a ND filter for videos.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, could you be more specific your main problem? please kindly upload some samples for better assistance if applicable. Thanks in advance!
2018-4-3
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

If you shoot AEB and your shutter speed is 1/50 or lower, the exposures will not be correct for all 5 images.  Image 1 will be right, 2 & 3 will be the same exposure(-.7 I think), 4 will be like +2, and the 5th one is dark.  Not the expected result.

Setup to reproduce:

Photo - AEB, 3 or 5 shot.
Manual mode
ISO = 100
Shutter speed 1/50 or less
Raw format

Here is another post that I made that has a dropbox link to my raw images and flight log.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=142749

Thanks for looking into this, I always use AEB for photos.  I usually fly with a ND filter on for getting FPS on video, and also to protect the camera.
2018-4-3
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
United States

Any update on this issue?
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules