1096 5 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've only tried one other quadcopter prior to this, and only very briefly. DJI really has refined this line to be super friendly.

I did two flights, getting a feel, and the only hiccup was during sharp banks the camera gimbal also sharply tilted the horizon, which i understand is a need for IMU calibration. The second flight however had nearly perfect stabilization without an IMU calibration. Just stunning.

What can i say, i'm giddy over this new world. I do wish they would feather the gimbal tilt, but maybe dialing that down and practice will yield better results. recording proper video was a solid second next to just getting a smooth flight in. A screen hood is also something i'll need to whip up.

I plan to do lots more flying, got my log book and goofy bright warning vest and even met a fella who also just bought an inspire 1. Fun times ahead for sure!
2015-5-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can adjust the gimbal speed from 0-100.  I like 40-50 for smooth movement that is not too slow.  
2015-5-7
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed,

I think it would be beneficial to others if you could do a post on the settings that you use and why. I am going to try the setting you mentioned above and also another one you mentioned about putting the remote on channel 20. It would be nice if you could share them all on one post.
2015-5-7
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-8 04:24
You can adjust the gimbal speed from 0-100.  I like 40-50 for smooth movement that is not too slow.  ...

I agree with vmp's post above. Please post your most commonly used settings Tahoe_Ed!
2015-5-8
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-8 04:24
You can adjust the gimbal speed from 0-100.  I like 40-50 for smooth movement that is not too slow.  ...

We all agree...we promise you wont have to post it again in another thread somewhere, but maybe you should make a thread a sticky one that everyone will always see.  I think that would be extremely beneficial for everyone.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I use the default basic gains of 100.  I adjust the ATTI to 90 and the braking to 90.  As stated gimbal speed to 40-50.  I also set the expo to .30 across the board.  You camera settings are dependent on where and when you are flying.  
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules