Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sub £50 tablet for DJI Go 4/ Litchi (could be used)
1381 10 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdffa0d29
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I am looking for a tablet for a Phantom 4 Pro, that is priced under £50, I don't mind if it is used or not, but I don't want the app to be crashing all the time (the odd crash isn't an issue).

Does anyone have any experience with the super budget tablets for the Phantom 4 Pro or just the DJI Go 4 app/Litchi

There seem to be quite a few threads on this, but with technology changing so fast I think that there would be a better alternative than some of the other ones listed.

I am aware that the more expensive tablets are much better, but this would be solely for use with the DJI Go 4 app, litchi and a couple of other drone-related apps (like no fly zone maps).

Thanks so much

Olly
2018-4-3
Use props
UrbanDepartures
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Go app will need a tablet with 2gb ram...you won't get one for £50. Spending the money you did on your bird at least treat it to a good tablet.
2018-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want to be guaranteed that the Go App or Litchi will work, then you need to spend more than 50 quid. For a start, go for an iPad, starting with the Air 2 and anything later, and try to buy it from a pawn shop.
2018-4-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at a Note 3, cheap as chips and a about a 5 inch screen. ok, still above ya budget but i got a and hand one the other day as a spare for £70 off FB market place, from there would be a Galaxy Tab S2 (cheapest prob about £150 for 8") or Nvidia Shield K1 (cheapest prob about £110), neither are that close to your budget but for android its about the lowest spec you should really go for.

The Go 4 app is very resource intensive and its only get hungrier by the month, why, i will never know, not everyone can afford X amount for a drone and then a further X amount for a decent device to run it on, folks may have sold something to buy the drone (like me) or just scrimped and scraped to buy it, knowing it can be run on a tablet folks generally buy the cheapest one they can afford not knowing there is a list of recommended devices, i was a lucky one with the Note 3 already.

2018-4-3
Use props
fansdffa0d29
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, does anyone know fi the nexus 7 works well
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Olly, sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine if budget available. So if there is a need, you can refer to the supported device list. devide support list.png
2018-4-4
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fansdffa0d29 Posted at 2018-4-3 23:03

I think this thread can give you answers to that. Be aware that the list of recommended devices can change with update of the App as it look like the developers is not good to optimize the code so you better not go for the lowest model working today.
2018-4-4
Use props
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

fansdffa0d29 Posted at 2018-4-3 23:03

2013 models are working..I have 2
2018-4-4
Use props
fansdffa0d29
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks, I'll get one.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bear in mind re nexus 7, they have a quad core cpu and 2gb ram, i didnt mention this device for the simple reason, that if they have removed the Note 3 with 3gb ram then anything with a quad core and 2gb ram will not last much longer, the app is ever increasing its appetite for raw materials, wait, hold it right there, my bad, thats the Replicators off of Stargate SG1, where was I, oh year, ......increasing its appetite for system resources, what used to work today will very likely be struggling tomorrow, well, not exactly tomorrow, but maybe the next day or the next da.............

What i am trying to say is, that 50-100 quid on the nexus could be down the drain soon.....
2018-4-13
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

If you live in the UK look for a Tesco Hudl 2. VERY capable tablet for not much money. The display is fantastic. I used mine without issues using DJI Go4 up until I purchased 2 Nvidia K1's. The only thing I would mention i wasn't supported by Pix4d if you have any plans to do 3d mapping. That could have changed but 18 months ago it wasn't working.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules