Why create CACHE_IMAGE and not DJI_ALBUM
2205 11 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

I bought a new smartphone and installed DJIGO 4.2.8. Video are saved in DJI_RECORD directory while images in CACHE_IMAGE directory (both images one thumb160x120pixel and thesame at 960x540pixel). Why don't create DJI_ALBUM directory as on old smartphone ? Now images are stored in CACHE_IMAGE or is possible to create DJI_ALBUM ? Thanks for help.

2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi astrofly, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please show us a photo of the directories, we'll look into it. At the same time, may I know which mobile device do you use? Thanks!
2018-4-3
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-3 17:48
Hi astrofly, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please show us a photo of the directories, we'll look into it. At the same time, may I know which mobile device do you use? Thanks!

Hi Diana
My smartphone is Asus Zenfone 3 Max Zc553. I discovered that have two dji directory one on internal memory the other in microsd. The first video realized with this smartphone was recorded but the other no only file info. I moved the new video in the same directory. I created a caos ? The picture contain the three of each directory. Thanks for help.
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, for the android device, the images are stored at DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE, while the videos are stored at DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD, the storage path cannot be changed, please be noted. So the storage path of your drone is correct, please don't worry. Thanks and hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-6
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-6 00:11
Hi, for the android device, the images are stored at DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE, while the videos are stored at DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD, the storage path cannot be changed, please be noted. So the storage path of your drone is correct, please don't worry. Thanks and hope you have a good time on flying the drone.

Hi Diana
Thanks for suggest. Yesterday after a flight I saw that was created a new directory DJI_ALBUM with the last pictures captured while the video was saved always in DJI_RECORD created in microsd and not in the same directory in internal memory. I don't understand. Do you other suggest ? Many thanks.
2018-4-7
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

This has been something that started not too long ago and still waiting for a fix.  I use Samsung Note 5.  Yes, I know. Not on the approved list, but flies perfectly.  In the past after flying, on my phone, I have an Album DJI_ RECORD, with the standard lower resolution videos taken during my flight.  I USE to get an album titles DJI_ALBUM that contained my photos taken during my flight.  Then one day, DJI_Album disappeared after flights.  I posted a question here about it and was told by DJI Thor that the problem is known and is being addressed.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139268-1-1.html  

I tried my own fix and synced my records, uninstalled the app (4.2.8) reinstalled the same version again and my DJI_Album folder reappeared.  For one day.  Now suddenly, I'm getting a new folder CACHE_IMAGE that contains the cache images taken during that flight.  But Low resolution doesn't begin to describe them.  Like 11.72 KB in size.  Occasionally I'll have one that's up to maybe 372 KB in size.  I hope that the appearance of CACHE_IMAGE is not the answer to the disappearance of DJI_ALBUM.
     Yes, all videos and all stills on the SD card are perfect and look great.  It's just the ones on the phone that are small, lower resolution and are out of focus. As I said, I can fix the problem by installing/Reinstalling the app but that gets tiring.  It's minor, but this is the ONLY bug that I've had with Go4.  

Latest Firmware available for MP
Latest App version Go4 v4.2.8
2018-4-8
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Italy

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-8 13:30
This has been something that started not too long ago and still waiting for a fix.  I use Samsung Note 5.  Yes, I know. Not on the approved list, but flies perfectly.  In the past after flying, on my phone, I have an Album DJI_ RECORD, with the standard lower resolution videos taken during my flight.  I USE to get an album titles DJI_ALBUM that contained my photos taken during my flight.  Then one day, DJI_Album disappeared after flights.  I posted a question here about it and was told by DJI Thor that the problem is known and is being addressed.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-139268-1-1.html  

Many thanks Brad. In my old phone with previous version of DjiGo4 i had Dji_Record, Dji_Album and Cache_Image. Each directory contained video at low resolution, pictures at low resolution and in cache_image only the little thumbnails. Today in Zenfone3 Max Zc553 if i look at images gallery found a DJI_RECORD with only 3 video and for the other video only a thumbnail of error while CACHE_IMAGE contains all the images thumbnails at 160x120px and pictures at 960x540px and the new DJI ALBUM contain the last pictures at full resolution. I discover with file manager that DJI_RECORD in internal memory contain file info of video and analytics of all flights while in microsd DJI_RECORD exist all file info and video but only the same 3 are visible. CACHE_IMAGE is only in internal memory. All this create  confusion. I hope that problem will be resolved in next update of software. Other suggestion ?
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, astrofly & Brad, thank you so much for your feedback, sorry for the inconvenience, I have forwarded it to our engineers for the check, hope it will be improved soon. Really appreciate your support to DJI products.
2018-4-9
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 03:47
Hi, astrofly & Brad, thank you so much for your feedback, sorry for the inconvenience, I have forwarded it to our engineers for the check, hope it will be improved soon. Really appreciate your support to DJI products.

Very good thanks Diana.
2018-4-9
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer

Update.... went flying today.. got home and checked.  I got DJI_RECORD..  Only.. No DJI_ALBUM, No CACHE_IMAGE.  And no DJI_SPALSH.  Whatever thats been.  Anyone knows what the heck that is/was???
2018-4-9
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Italy

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-4-9 13:04
Update.... went flying today.. got home and checked.  I got DJI_RECORD..  Only.. No DJI_ALBUM, No CACHE_IMAGE.  And no DJI_SPALSH.  Whatever thats been.  Anyone knows what the heck that is/was???

I have not flown these days for bad weathertime. Tomorrow, probably, i'll check. It's incredible. Engineers do you help us !
2018-4-10
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Ok. Today, long after flying yesterday, suddenly I have CACHE_IMAGE and DJI_SPALSH again. Same low res stuff again
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules