Batteries
49359 26 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10533717 ft
Canada

My done will be away for a while, now my batteries  will be left with me,  give me some advice on what I can do in order to keep them in a good shape,  I had them scheduled for ten day discharge, but should I discharged them now?
2018-4-3
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

They should discharge over the 10 day period and that should be fine although less is probably better (mine is set to 3 day discharge)- you could discharge them now to 30%  then you will not worry about it further.
2018-4-3
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-3 13:37
They should discharge over the 10 day period and that should be fine although less is probably better (mine is set to 3 day discharge)- you could discharge them now to 30%  then you will not worry about it further.

So if I just turn them on that will do the trick.?
2018-4-3
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-3 13:57
So if I just turn them on that will do the trick.?

if they in the drone and turned on - yes that will do the trick
2018-4-3
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Some information for you in this document https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
2018-4-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's no need to attempt to discharge them. Set them aside and let them alone. As long as you don't press the battery button, they will start to discharge down to the storage level after 10 days have passed. It'll take 2-3 days beyond that point to complete the discharge process.

If you're going to have them in storage for longer than 2 months, then press the battery button once per month to check the current charge level. You want the batteries to stay in the red area here:

Once the second battery light starts blinking, charge that battery up until the 3rd light starts blinking while charging the battery. At that point, it'll be ready to put the battery back in storage again. Then, repeat this process.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, please check the Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines from the website: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads, thanks!

2018-4-3
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-3 17:41
Hi there, please check the Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines from the website: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads, thanks!
[view_image]

Diana you must understand that I do not have the drone in my possession, so the only way I can discharge them is manually, how can I tell what percentage they are at?
2018-4-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need to set the batteries aside and don't touch them for 2 weeks or more.  At 10 days (unless you changed it), it will begin to slowly discharge over a 3 day period.  IF you press that button anytime before it starts to self discharge, it will reset the 10 day timer and will be another 10 days before it starts to discharge.  After the tenth day is over, it will begin to discharge.  You can check it a day or two after that and will see that it is on its way down.  It will continue to discharge to about 65% and then stop.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-3 18:09
Diana you must understand that I do not have the drone in my possession, so the only way I can discharge them is manually, how can I tell what percentage they are at?

Hi Jack, sorry for the misunderstood. If so, please follow the floor 6# mentioned, it is the correct method to protect the batteries when you don't have the drone in your possession. The batteries will start to discharge automatically after 10 days no used. However, please do not over discharge it, so you need to check it about 2 months. At the same time, please store it in a dry environment. Thanks!
2018-4-4
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-3 18:09
Diana you must understand that I do not have the drone in my possession, so the only way I can discharge them is manually, how can I tell what percentage they are at?

Just leave them by themselves: they are smart so you do not need to worry about them.
Just two things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure they rest at around 22-28°C (71-82°F)
2. If one of them is lower than 37% (one solid and one blinking LED) charge them till the third LED starts to blink and unplug them.
2018-4-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-4 03:11
Just leave them by themselves: they are smart so you do not need to worry about them.

thank you for the info
2018-4-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-4 03:11

I want to thank you all for the info and your inputs
2018-4-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

That is quite an interesting thread. Quick question, does it matter much if the discharge days are changed from 10 down to like 2 or 3 days? The process should still be the same and the batteries are kept healthy, correct? Or is there any specific reason why DJI sets it to 10 days?
2018-4-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Marian Posted at 2018-4-4 05:59
That is quite an interesting thread. Quick question, does it matter much if the discharge days are changed from 10 down to like 2 or 3 days? The process should still be the same and the batteries are kept healthy, correct? Or is there any specific reason why DJI sets it to 10 days?

Keeping the batteries within the storage level while not in use (see my screenshot above) will make them last longer. If you don't fly often, then it would be better to decrease the ''Time to Discharge'' setting to a lower number (e.g. 2 days) and then charge them up the day of or day before you plan to fly next.

The only reason you'd really want to keep the default 10 day setting is if you need to keep your batteries fully charged for longer periods of time. For example, you might be in a location where it's not convenient to charge them for a few days or you might work as a first responder and need batteries ready to go at a moment's notice.
2018-4-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Marian Posted at 2018-4-4 05:59

I had them set at 10 days, the reason is that I was flying the drone everyday, so I figured that was the best setting
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14501184 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have the power bank adaptor that comes with the flymore combo? You can discharge them by using that and utilise the power to charge up your phones and tablets to save on your electricity bill. Stop the discharge when just two LED lights on the battery are sold green then you'll know it's 37.5 - 49.9% charge remaining - optimal for storage. The longer you leave the batteries fully charged the more damage you may cause to the cells. Whilst the MAX count down is ten days I never leave my batteries fully charged for more than 48 hours.
2018-4-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-4-4 07:46
Do you have the power bank adaptor that comes with the flymore combo? You can discharge them by using that and utilise the power to charge up your phones and tablets to save on your electricity bill. Stop the discharge when just two LED lights on the battery are sold green then you'll know it's 37.5 - 49.9% charge remaining - optimal for storage. The longer you leave the batteries fully charged the more damage you may cause to the cells. Whilst the MAX count down is ten days I never leave my batteries fully charged for more than 48 hours.

thanks for the info, and yes I have all that equipment.
2018-4-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

msinger Posted at 2018-4-4 06:09
Keeping the batteries within the storage level while not in use (see my screenshot above) will make them last longer. If you don't fly often, then it would be better to decrease the ''Time to Discharge'' setting to a lower number (e.g. 2 days) and then charge them up the day of or day before you plan to fly next.

The only reason you'd really want to keep the default 10 day setting is if you need to keep your batteries fully charged for longer periods of time. For example, you might be in a location where it's not convenient to charge them for a few days or you might work as a first responder and need batteries ready to go at a moment's notice.

Thank you very much, that is very helpful.
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-4 09:13
thanks for the info, and yes I have all that equipment.

Cool - thats the best way to discharge your batteries
2018-4-4
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-3 13:37

How do you change the time of discharge?

Thanks!
2018-4-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

That setting can be changed for the current battery in the following section of DJI GO (while your Mavic is connected to DJI GO):

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg
2018-4-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-5 06:36
How do you change the time of discharge?

Thanks!

hi - i do not know if it is a feature that mavic air offers.. if it does then it should be found in your battery settings, it would be on that page somewhere - either scroll down or go to next page 'advanced battery settings'
there are some minor differences between MA and MP this may be one of them. if you dont find it on the battery settings page then post the question in a new thread and someone will be able to help you.
2018-4-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-5 07:27
hi - i do not know if it is a feature that mavic air offers.. if it does then it should be found in your battery settings, it would be on that page somewhere - either scroll down or go to next page 'advanced battery settings'
there are some minor differences between MA and MP this may be one of them. if you dont find it on the battery settings page then post the question in a new thread and someone will be able to help you.

That setting is only available if flying a Mavic Pro. The Mavic Air batteries default to 10 days and that setting cannot be changed since DJI GO does not show it.
2018-4-5
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-5 07:27
hi - i do not know if it is a feature that mavic air offers.. if it does then it should be found in your battery settings, it would be on that page somewhere - either scroll down or go to next page 'advanced battery settings'
there are some minor differences between MA and MP this may be one of them. if you dont find it on the battery settings page then post the question in a new thread and someone will be able to help you.

Thanks

msinger Posted at 2018-4-5 08:07
That  setting is only available if flying a Mavic Pro. The Mavic Air  batteries default to 10 days and that setting cannot be changed since  DJI GO does not show it.

Good to know!
2018-4-5
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

Duplicate post
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-4-5 08:07
That setting is only available if flying a Mavic Pro. The Mavic Air batteries default to 10 days and that setting cannot be changed since DJI GO does not show it.

Same as the Spark discharge then - never knew that.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules