Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPDATED DJI CINESSD Station Thunderbolt 3 and CrystalSky Monitor ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI CINESSD Station Thunderbolt 3

When it comes to professional filmmaking, efficiency and reliability count. The DJI CINESSD Station now comes with a Thunderbolt 3 port[1], transmitting seven times faster than DJI CINESSD Station USB 3.0[2] while offering support for data writing[3]. Purchase a DJI CINESSD Station at the DJI Online Store or from a local dealer now!

[1] Please ensure that your device's USB Type-C port supports the Thunderbolt 3 protocol.
View devices supporting a Thunderbolt 3 port at: https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products
[2] Transmission speed is tested on an i7 16G MacBook Pro launched in 2017. Results may vary in different testing environments.
[3] After writing or deleting data on a computer using a CINESSD Station, we suggest you format your CINESSD Station through a drone to ensure stable data storage performance.

Appendix: Transmitting speed test result of DJI CINESSD Station Thunderbolt 3 and USB3.0

1.png

1 - DJI CINESSD Station Thundebolt 3

2.png

2 - DJI CINESSD Station USB3.0

CrystalSky Monitor Hood

3 - CrystalSky Monitor Hood for 5.5''

4 - CrystalSky Monitor Hood for 7.85''

The CrystalSky monitor display clear and smooth real-time video when shooting in bright daylight and The CrystalSky Monitor Hood shields the screen from direct sunlight giving you a clearer view, offering you an unforgettable shooting experience. Purchase the DJI CrystalSky Monitor Hood at the DJI Online Store or from a local dealer now!

Click here to the DJI Store

Inspire 2 CINESSD Station Thunderbolt 3 User Manual.pdf

1.42 MB, Down times: 23

2018-4-3
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Not much description for the products, not here not in the store!

The small hood is called 5.7'' in this post but 5.5'' in the store.
Is it foldable?
What is the dimensions, would it fit the 5.5'' display on the +RC and fit in the case folded (if foldable)?
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-3 20:43
Not much description for the products, not here not in the store!

The small hood is called 5.7'' in this post but 5.5'' in the store.

hey, so sorry for my typing mistake here, I have already revised it into the correct spec and It is not foldable .
Our support team will update the store page ASAP and will add more fresh content here, please check later.
At last, please see this as reference: CrystalSky PART6 (5.5)88*160*20mm
2、CrystalSky PART7 (7.85)165*210*30mm
2018-4-4
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-4-4 02:46
hey, so sorry for my typing mistake here, I have already revised it into the correct spec and It is not foldable .
Our support team will update the store page ASAP and will add more fresh content here, please check later.
At last, please see this as reference: CrystalSky PART6 (5.5)88*160*20mm

Thank you Grace
The display on the +RC is only 8.8mm thick so it might be too thin for this hood.

Please also be aware of "this little" $/€ issue, not to forget this old error not corrected yet.

Edit: Both the above errors has now been corrected i can see, it did not do any good for the prize on the Phantom + goggles....
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-4 03:00
Thank you Grace
The display on the +RC is only 8.8mm thick so it might be too thin for this hood.

you are welcome
and please note that the hood is designed for CrystalSky. It cannot be used on the Remote Controller
2018-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-4-4
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I got the new monitor hood for the Crystalsky yesterday and it is good. Although it is very, very expensive for what it is.
2018-4-4
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob W Posted at 2018-4-4 07:43
I got the new monitor for the Crystalsky yesterday and it is good. Although it is very, very expensive for what it is.

is the SSD reader compatible with the X5R ssd?
2018-4-4
Use props
Coyut
First Officer
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Does the thunderbolt version also support usb 3 standard and higher trough the usb c plug or is only thunderbolt supported which would be a bummer for a device that cost twice the price of the usb 3 variant.
There is no manual online yet.
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Coyut Posted at 2018-4-4 13:34
Does the thunderbolt version also support usb 3 standard and higher trough the usb c plug or is only thunderbolt supported which would be a bummer for a device that cost twice the price of the usb 3 variant.
There is no manual online yet.

hey
1. it only support Thunderbolt 3

the manual i will update here later.
Appreciated your support and understanding here
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-4 09:56
is the SSD reader compatible with the X5R ssd?

sorry, it is not compatible
2018-4-7
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-4-7 22:26
sorry, it is not compatible

I figured, it's a shame that your engineers wouldn't have the foresight to design some compatibility into your products
2018-4-8
Use props
Coyut
First Officer
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-4-7 22:10
hey
1. it only support Thunderbolt 3

Please do a version which can do both, maybe with a second port. And I will buy them.
Having just a dedicated Thunderbolt version, that cost the double of the UBS3 Version will not pull money out of my pockets. Otherwise I would have to carry 4 pieces with me (1 backup each) which makes no sense.
Until then I will use just the USB 3 Version on which I also get about 300 MB/Sec reading speed when offloading to SSD's.
Thunderbolt might be faster, but you'll also need extrem fast storage hardware to write the data  faster away.
So that storage bottleneck probably isn't much faster for most of us anyway then what we get with USB 3.
2018-4-8
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 150932 ft

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-4-7 22:10
hey
1. it only support Thunderbolt 3

Hey Grace,
When will we see that manual?Nevermind, I just saw the link up top. Thanks.

2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-12 15:07
Hey Grace,
When will we see that manual?Nevermind, I just saw the link up top. Thanks.

did you find the manual?
2018-4-12
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

Oh great.  I bought my DJI CineSSD drive and CineSSD station from DJI's store in Denver Colorado a week ago, on Saturday 5th May.  They sold me the Ver.UG1 CineSSD station and did not tell me it was an out of date version, now replaced by the newer and much faster ver.TG3.  I guess they needed to shift the old stock to dumasses like me!
2018-5-12
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452835 ft
United States

What ae the benefits of using the DJI CineSSD as opposed to using a sd card? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the Inspire 2's operating structure. I'm going to be purchasing a Inspire 2 as soon as I have an understanding of what I would need. Is the only reason to use the CineSSD for speed benefits? Why would someone want to use the CineSSD as opposed to an SD card when the cost is so much more. If someone could explain the benefits and process I would appreciate it.
2018-5-18
Use props
jwilson2598
First Officer
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

14jnewmy14 Posted at 2018-5-18 12:07
What ae the benefits of using the DJI CineSSD as opposed to using a sd card? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the Inspire 2's operating structure. I'm going to be purchasing a Inspire 2 as soon as I have an understanding of what I would need. Is the only reason to use the CineSSD for speed benefits? Why would someone want to use the CineSSD as opposed to an SD card when the cost is so much more. If someone could explain the benefits and process I would appreciate it.

The CineSSD is needed for the CinemaDNG and ProRes formats if you have either/both of those licenses. They will only record to the SSD, due to data rates.
2018-5-21
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452835 ft

jwilson2598 Posted at 2018-5-21 12:22
The CineSSD is needed for the CinemaDNG and ProRes formats if you have either/both of those licenses. They will only record to the SSD, due to data rates.

Thanks for clearing that up.
2018-5-21
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-5-12 07:40
Oh great.  I bought my DJI CineSSD drive and CineSSD station from DJI's store in Denver Colorado a week ago, on Saturday 5th May.  They sold me the Ver.UG1 CineSSD station and did not tell me it was an out of date version, now replaced by the newer and much faster ver.TG3.  I guess they needed to shift the old stock to dumasses like me!

well...it's not really a replacement...they still sell the USB 3.0 model. The new one is faster, but also twice the price.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great products   
2018-6-17
Use props
djiuser_2dtWgxBXs1AE
lvl.1

Germany

did you find the manual? HostGator DreamHost Bluehost
2018-12-24
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

So, if I got it right this is kind of portable SSD?
2019-1-31
Use props
Kirk Voclain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1478914 ft
United States

Does this reader work with Mac Mojave????
2019-2-20
Use props
RotorW
lvl.3

United States

Kirk Voclain Posted at 2-20 14:37
Does this reader work with Mac Mojave????

LOL..... No
2019-2-25
Use props
fans9da6e885
lvl.3
Flight distance : 485049 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI WHEN WILL WE HAVE A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO WORK WITH THE NEW OPERATING SYSTEM???????  PLEASE PROVIDE AN ANSWER!!!
2019-3-11
Use props
FVP
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Any news ?
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules