Any Mavic Air users out there? - Is it worth buying?
1969 15 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cogitare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131713 ft

Hi there!
Currently I have a P34K and I think I’m ready for an upgrade now since I’ve had it for 2 years now.

Right now I’m looking into DJI Mavic Air because of it’s lower price point. Of course have I watched hundreds of YouTube videos of people reviewing the drone, they have pointed out many flaws but I think it’s mostly because near all of them on YouTube come from like P4P or MP.

So I wanted to hear from you guys instead, “normal people”, Have you found any real drawbacks to it? I especially want hear about the range here in CE regions, is it really limiting? Is the range better than my current drone? And finally, if you had the choice again, would you buy it?
2018-4-3
Use props
Viridis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the p4p, and yet I still regard the Mavic air as a better consumer product.
Whilst the p4p offers better still image quality and low light performance, the Mavic air offers video quality on par with the p4p, the 100mbps bitrate really helps capture amazing footage, all on a drone that fits in your pocket. The Mavic offers portability like no other and whilst the range can be limiting in CE areas, you will still be fine when flying within line of sight for a fair distance beyond the legal limits of most countries.
For the money, you won't find a better drone imo.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, the Mavic Air is worth buying, it is very portable, you will enjoy it. Thanks for your support of DJI products.
2018-4-3
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Air worth buying, yes without hesitation . Enough said.
2018-4-4
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Mavic air is worth buying easy to take anywhere.
Its easy to carry on a plane as long as you follow there rules.
I would buy again.
2018-4-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Go for the mavic pro, much more stable range  and flighttime. You have waypoints and more features like course lock etc
2018-4-4
Use props
Cogitare
lvl.2
Sweden

Thanks for all the quick replies! Looks like Mavic Air is the way to go. And in response to the last post, I would probably prefer the Mavic Air over the Pro due to the better camera and many other things. Range is the only advantage for the Mavic Pro in my opinion because flight time isn’t a problem for the MA because batteries are not as expensive as I’m used to.
2018-4-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would definitely buy the Air again.
2018-4-4
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Would also happily buy the Air again. Have used the P4P extensively for work, and prefer the Air.
2018-4-4
Use props
Cogitare
lvl.2
Sweden

Interesting to hear that some prefer the MA over P4P! I never even considered that someone would think so.
2018-4-4
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

I can only speak for myself, but the only advantage in the P4P, for me, is the extra flight time. The other benefits of the Air - portability, ease and speed of set up, price-point (the unit itself but also accessories etc) -make it a more desirable, user-friendly device.
2018-4-4
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Cogitare Posted at 2018-4-4 02:08
Interesting to hear that some prefer the MA over P4P!  I never even considered that someone would think so.

I have both and the MA is an awesome quad, but when it comes to low light/night  photo/video and stability in Tripod mode IMO the P4P is superior with finesse of camera settings. Every DJI drone has it benefits and drawbacks.
2018-4-4
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Cogitare Posted at 2018-4-4 02:08
Interesting to hear that some prefer the MA over P4P!  I never even considered that someone would think so.

I think it is beacuse MA is more portable, you can fit it in a pocket, you can take it everywhere without carrying any luggage..
2018-4-4
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Mavic Air is powerful yet portable.
It is the best drone you can get in that form factor
2018-4-4
Use props
djiuser_q64BOA5L3qn5
lvl.1

China

One great advantage that the Air has over the Pro are the backward sensors.....I'm not too experienced and need all the help I can get!
2018-4-4
Use props
TFile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic Air is my first DJI product and I ahve to say that I've been absolutely amazed at how good it is! Pictures look great and the video quality is very very good. I don't have any experience of the Phantom products but I can't imagine that they can be that much better, certainly not enough better to warrant the huge increase in size and pain in the butt that comes with that.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules