Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Zenmuse XT2 with Inspire 2??
9189 13 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Why on hell doesnt the XT2 work on the Inspire 2?   I have waited on a new FLIR for the Inspire 2 just like it was on the Inspire 1.  DJI can you confirm that the XT2 never will work on the Inspire 2??
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

XT2 is designed for enterprise drone platforms, currently, it can only be mounted into any M200 Series drone as well as the Matrice 600 Pro, we have no idea if it will be available for Inspire 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused, please pay attention to the future release.
2018-4-5
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-5 00:29
XT2 is designed for enterprise drone platforms, currently, it can only be mounted into any M200 Series drone as well as the Matrice 600 Pro, we have no idea if it will be available for Inspire 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused, please pay attention to the future release.

Will it work with the Inspire 1 though?
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-5 05:44
Will it work with the Inspire 1 though?

Sorry for the late response, I just saw your update post, XT 2 doesn't work with Inspire series products at the moment, please note our website about the future update.
2018-4-11
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

XT2 is for M200 and M600 only.
Yes we would all like the XT and XT2 to work on the OSMO as well as the I1, I2 and everything else but that is not going to happen.

If you actually have a need for a thermal cam, purchase of the relevant / supported drone is a small additional cost in comparison.
2018-4-11
Use props
djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-4-11 05:07
XT2 is for M200 and M600 only.
Yes we would all like the XT and XT2 to work on the OSMO as well as the I1, I2 and everything else but that is not going to happen.

Farnk666, that comment makes zero sense when considering the sensor is intentionally being crippled by the firmware - it is that simple and everyone using DJI products knows this.
The comment makes zero sense as well considering the I1 can and does fly FLIR products.  Since it came before the I2 and M2xx series, DJI "allowed" that part of the firmware to be within the I1 because they didn't have all the ships in the fleet.

It helps nobody when snarky comments like this are made when those that know, know that it is a computer and may be flashed with just about any firmware DJI desires.

The correct comment to make to fellow forum members here that do not have the money to simply burn or to purchase a drone for each and every purpose is... "Hey, it is DJI's business model to create and sell sUAs that performs specific functions.  Though they *could* be programmed and mechanically fitted to perform cross-function tasks, DJI elects not to do that."  If I were snarky, I would end that sentence with, "that would bite into their enormous profit margin".

The truth is always the way to go instead of being a fan-boy and acting as if others are ignorant, unless that's your play?

Any time you see an "8000.00" camera drop to 2999.00 overnight, you know that the profit margin is out of this world and that DJI is simply gouging customers .  The same may be stated about the Mxx series and the sensors used.

If truck and service vehicles used this same philosophy, there would be a truck made for each and every purpose and there would not be trucks that were cross task worthy - that's why they engineer them to perform multiple tasks.

It is just a matter of time until the "other" guys catch up and DJI will be like the NeXT computer of 1988 - great idea, poor tech support, poor cross compatibility, proprietary parts and super expensive for the times - just like DJI.

BTW, you can only find a NeXT computer in a museum nowadays since the "others" did it cheaper with better customer support and accomplished the mission without gouging their customers.  Business today is all about a cash grab up front and to Hell with the future

Regards.
2018-5-25
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 2018-5-25 10:41
Farnk666, that comment makes zero sense when considering the sensor is intentionally being crippled by the firmware - it is that simple and everyone using DJI products knows this.
The comment makes zero sense as well considering the I1 can and does fly FLIR products.  Since it came before the I2 and M2xx series, DJI "allowed" that part of the firmware to be within the I1 because they didn't have all the ships in the fleet.

That you feel DJI's business practices are unfair is your issue, no-one else's.
Whining like a toddler will change absolutely nothing in the eyes of DJI's program managers.

They make the gear - we buy the gear if we see justification in the purchase.
Again, DJI's profit margin is entirely set by what level of cost the market will engage with the product and nothing to do with what you may see as fair, possible or should be the case.

What 'could' be done, engineered or developed is entirely immaterial.
Feel free to reverse engineer the OSMO/I2 or whatever else to carry the XT series, no-one is stopping you.

Meanwhile, leave the personal attacks out - This is the reality as set by them and no-one forced you to buy into the DJI ecosystem.
2018-5-25
Use props
djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl
lvl.1

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-5-25 18:36
That you feel DJI's business practices are unfair is your issue, no-one else's.
Whining like a toddler will change absolutely nothing in the eyes of DJI's program managers.

No personal attack there Farnk666, just tired of the fan-boy line towing that many do here - the OPs question was legitimate and never answered honestly - or at all.  My comment stands, your comment does not make sense and that is not a personal attack.

The question was why and that question was, and is never answered here.

Whining was far from what was taking place; sorry you took it that way. I *love* when someone twists a discussion they do not like into something like whining to minimize the other person’s belief or facts.

The DJI “program managers” are not monitoring this forum, nor will anything listed here change their minds when it comes to how they carry on with their marching orders from above unless it is something that is overwhelming in nature (serious issue or liability) or it fits their business model – can you remember the issues with the 210 and the overvoltage issue interference.  No physical changes to the aircraft… no “recall”, just a firmware change that lowered the ability of the M210 in overall performance – but hey, who’s counting that one of many examples?

I have several DJI commercial aircraft and enjoy using them all, but that does not change the fact that DJI intentionally cripples functionality to meet sales ideals - proven in many ways.
I come from 30 years of tech background, including programming hardware and software so the fact is that it can be accomplished, and the OP was simply asking that question - WHY does DJI feel it necessary to intentionally tweak products and firmware so that the end user must purchase an entirely new aircraft when many times (not always), the aircraft in question will work with the sensor in question.

Mind you that the X5S line vs the X5 line as an example either have or do not have an on-board (camera) processor for the sensor and therefore cannot be used across the board – understood.  But that is not the case with the XT2, else it would not work with the M600 and the M210.  The M600 has no on-board aircraft processor for sensor like the I2 and M210 do, but the XT2 sure works with the M600 – because it is an inspection aircraft that many paid a good deal of money for – including me.

DJI made a conscience decision to support those aircraft and they could for others – IF they wanted to.  So it is not whining, nor is it dissention within the ranks, it is a good question that deserves to be answered honestly.

It would be different if these machines were NOT modular, but they are and that is how they were designed.  So why make them modular if they are not going to be supported in that manner?  Why not make them all like the Phantom with a fixed sensor?  The M2xx series and the I2 series are very similar regarding the computer and processing but intentionally different firmware so that one cannot use the I2 to perform the work of the M2xx. E.g. XT2 sensor.

Regarding reverse engineering things… if everything DJI created was open source to include the sensors, similar to that of ArduPilot is for the control system, this conversation would not be taking place – many would have the ability to use DJI products across platforms and other sensors on DJI aircraft.

We make things better by being constructively critical of the products we consume and maybe I was being a bit overly critical, but we should not blindly accept everything stated and pushed our way as consumers, else we are left with a 1976 Ford Pinto.

IF these kits were inexpensive to purchase and maintain, I feel that users here would not be up in arms about these matters.  If the complete kits were in some realistic disposable price range, the story would differ, but they are not.
2018-6-27
Use props
Twiggy-Fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27520 ft
United States

Because movie  and photo makers don't need thermal ... Well dj,i I was recently asked to do just that... capture some thermal imaging for a video production... Guess i should of got a cheaper and older model.
2018-7-20
Use props
Edward_Horvath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 5-25 10:41

Bingo! This is how I feel as well.
2018-11-21
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

djiuser_KFAyx3sFSGsl Posted at 6-27 13:36
No personal attack there Farnk666, just tired of the fan-boy line towing that many do here - the OPs question was legitimate and never answered honestly - or at all.  My comment stands, your comment does not make sense and that is not a personal attack.

The question was why and that question was, and is never answered here.

Totally agree with you on that.
2018-11-26
Use props
fansdd65ac09
lvl.1
United States

Any updates on this. Im figuring its not gonna happen but a guy can hope. Several companies have rigged FLIR cameras onto the I2 so there is always that option
2019-1-11
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-5 00:29
XT2 is designed for enterprise drone platforms, currently, it can only be mounted into any M200 Series drone as well as the Matrice 600 Pro, we have no idea if it will be available for Inspire 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused, please pay attention to the future release.

bla bla bla
2019-1-25
Use props
ClearBluePhoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4498074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just noticed that there is a firmware update on the Inspire 2 downloads page labelled Inspire 2 Firmware and when you download the files is labelled as: ZENMUSE_XT2_FW_V01.00.03.50.bin does this mean they work together? Download Link
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules