Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tiny, but extremely FUN to fly!
Home / TELLO /
5885 38 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneSupremacy
Captain
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

After owning a couple of the bigger quadcopters from DJI, it's time to review the smallest one and see how it does.

You can see my complete review of the Ryze Tello below:

I have to say i'm more than impressed with this toy drone, and i can definitely recommend it to everyone looking to buy a beginner drone or their first ever quad.

Can't wait for a better (and windless) weather so i can test it outside as well. That's coming very soon!

I hope you guys enjoy my review.

Mike
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool but not for me
2018-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice review.
2018-4-4
Use props
fans23ea42c4
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the review
2018-4-4
Use props
vinodvinnu
New

India

Thanks for excellent feedback here
install kodi on firestick using computer
2018-4-4
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for the review
2018-4-5
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
Second Officer

Should have included a remote for the $100 price. I'll stick with buying a Bebop 1 if I'm going to spend this kind of money.
2018-4-5
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.3

United States

I can't wait to show the kids at my school I teach at one of these.
2018-4-5
Use props
darrc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

It's a fun drone to fly around friends, kids and at playgrounds. Don't do that with brushless drones.
2018-4-6
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

darrc Posted at 2018-4-6 00:00
It's a fun drone to fly around friends, kids and at playgrounds. Don't do that with brushless drones.

Playgrounds are part of the fun of brushless quads but not when they are in use......Got a couple round me but the area isn't big enough to fully open her up.
2018-4-6
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best off with one of these instead.......Me yesterday afternoon for stress relief after a tough day - Could do with a better camera though as the footage when uploaded isn't great. Different through the FatShark goggles though.

2018-4-6
Use props
ggeorgis
Second Officer

Is the video skipping problem resolved? I had one on preorder since February and finally a few days ago it was released in Europe. But ALL videos and reviews I see have problems (no matter the settings used) with the video skipping frames every few seconds.
Was hoping for a firmware fix .... is yours on the latest one? How is the accuracy when flying a mission within scratch...I was hoping on intergrating it in my STEM classes.
2018-4-6
Use props
fans646e145f
lvl.1
United States

I wish my Tello experience was this positive. My unit flew away on the first flight, somehow getting itself stuck in maximum ascent until it was no longer visible - since it was on a full battery, it probably reached an altitude of well over 1,000 feet before it died. Ryze first tried to suggest that it was blown away, but weather conditions were 0mph/3mph gusts at my location when this occurred. They then acknowledged that the Tello was probably at fault, but because it 'does not have flight logs' there is nothing they can do about it. Don't buy an aircraft from a company that does not stand behind their product!
2018-4-7
Use props
axevalentine
First Officer
Flight distance : 15272 ft
Georgia

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-4-6 12:39
Is the video skipping problem resolved? I had one on preorder since February and finally a few days ago it was released in Europe. But ALL videos and reviews I see have problems (no matter the settings used) with the video skipping frames every few seconds.
Was hoping for a firmware fix .... is yours on the latest one? How is the accuracy when flying a mission within scratch...I was hoping on intergrating it in my STEM classes.

I think after last software update  frame skipping problem is reducing it's frequency drastically.
2018-4-7
Use props
ggeorgis
Second Officer

axevalentine Posted at 2018-4-7 03:25
I think after last software update  frame skipping problem is reducing it's frequency drastically.

I think that this has to do with the electronic video stabilization (can it be disabled?).
I was playing with a Yuneec Breeze 4K (which btw costs almost as much as the Tello) and when the electronic stabilization is enabled at least in the app there is some frame skipping as well...have to check the onboard footage as well to confirm....but at least the live view was skipping. No Scratch/python for the Breeze though....
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thank you for sharing this to us! helpful!
2018-4-7
Use props
Ma(v/g)ic Pro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Amazing. Well done!
2018-4-8
Use props
DroneSupremacy
Captain
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thanks guys, glad you are enjoying the video! I sure did enjoy creating it
2018-4-8
Use props
Piotr Szalczyński
New

Japan

darrc Posted at 2018-4-6 00:00

There is no difference if the engine is brushless or not when it comes into terms of safety.  iWhat matters what is the size and power of it. Your comment makes no sense.
2018-4-8
Use props
Piotr Szalczyński
New

Japan

Piotr Szalczyński Posted at 2018-4-8 04:24
There is no difference if the engine is brushless or not when it comes into terms of safety.  iWhat matters what is the size and power of it. Your comment makes no sense.

The only thing that matters is the size and power of it*
2018-4-8
Use props
DerbyCity BirdMan
First Officer

United States

I program/code using  "Swift " and Scratch look like a very basic ans elementary coding platform..  ordered the Tello just so i can play around with the code. looking forward to getting my teen nephews and nieces involved.
Thanks for the review!
2018-4-8
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

I want to try this drone !
2018-4-8
Use props
axevalentine
First Officer
Flight distance : 15272 ft
Georgia

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-4-7 13:14
I think that this has to do with the electronic video stabilization (can it be disabled?).
I was playing with a Yuneec Breeze 4K (which btw costs almost as much as the Tello) and when the electronic stabilization is enabled at least in the app there is some frame skipping as well...have to check the onboard footage as well to confirm....but at least the live view was skipping. No Scratch/python for the Breeze though....

As far as  I know video stabilization can't be disabled but I am not sure.
Some people make it better by using  WIFI extenders.
2018-4-8
Use props
Chrysostome
New

Very nice drone, id like to try it!
2018-4-8
Use props
integer
Captain
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

This drone is for fun and education
2018-4-9
Use props
darrc
lvl.4
Singapore

Piotr Szalczyński Posted at 2018-4-8 04:24

Isn't it clear I am referring to the Tello? And brushless, means any size. Period. Even the AR Drone with its small brushless motors is not safe enough to fly around crowds. Your comment makes non-sense.
2018-4-9
Use props
darrc
lvl.4
Singapore

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-4-6 05:26
Playgrounds are part of the fun of brushless quads but not when they are in use......Got a couple round me but the area isn't big enough to fully open her up.

Yes. I don't play brushless in crowds, no matter the quad size. Tello is just about the largest I would do so. Though it uses 8.5mm motors but it's ultra stable, I don't do that with other 8.5mm quads. The best are the small brushed 6mm whoops under low speed setting. Kids love to chase and race it. Play safe.
2018-4-9
Use props
Ryan Olivas
Second Officer

United States

WOW!!! Can't wait to fly this drone! But I hope it comes with a gps tracker so I would never lose sight of this. And that the money I would spend would be much worth it.
2018-4-10
Use props
Lstumpf3
lvl.1

Canada

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-4-10 00:14
WOW!!! Can't wait to fly this drone! But I hope it comes with a gps tracker so I would never lose sight of this. And that the money I would spend would be much worth it.

i think this drone doesn't come up with a tracker, but there's a lightweight tracker that could be attached to it. try checking out Trackimo
2018-4-10
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

darrc Posted at 2018-4-9 16:31
Yes. I don't play brushless in crowds, no matter the quad size. Tello is just about the largest I would do so. Though it uses 8.5mm motors but it's ultra stable, I don't do that with other 8.5mm quads. The best are the small brushed 6mm whoops under low speed setting. Kids love to chase and race it. Play safe.

Broke my duck in FPV with the Inductrix FPV Plus. Awesome little quad indoors and out - when the wind is zero that is. Still fly it now although my Vortex 150 takes up almost all my time. Crashed it and chipped a prop at the weekend so broke out the Indy and had some fun.
2018-4-11
Use props
Supasnydes
New

I like how you can do cool flips with it!
2018-4-11
Use props
samuelj
New

United States

Very nice drone ,  Can't wait to fly this drone! But I hope it comes with a gps tracker so I would never lose sight of this. And that the money I would spend would be much worth it.     خرید اینترنتی       کانال تلگرام
2018-4-12
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1

I flew mine outside and inside.  Needs pretty bright light to maintain steady position.  Only remote available for Android phones costs $42 and takes a month to ship from China.  Save your money. There are much better, cheaper drones that do much more from Holystone and shipping is overnight, all parts available.  Trust me this drone is not a DJI product and you don't want to get involved with Ryze.  Even Yuneec has a better deal to offer.
2018-4-12
Use props
JockerD
lvl.1

Nigeria

Nice review but definitely not for me.
2018-4-14
Use props
Embraer50
New
Flight distance : 79058 ft

Good, nice review.
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_negcNd4lbbMw
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Exactly! Nice review so far.
2018-4-18
Use props
nmac
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft

Must say that i have never had the time i had with this little thing.   Crash yes i did a few times but almost wet my pants laughing at the videos of it.   sorry but true and others that seen.  am learning to pilot one and what to save my others so i use this to save money incase of crash. Yes am new but atti mode this has helped me much and with much wind was shocked as it held up after taking off but until it gets to see after takeoff  will be blown away with wind and i have learned to control it then all was good.  I now  know and am a better pilot but still very poor as much more practice is needed. but this has helped me greatly. But not on laundry bills...... as   yes   lol.
2018-4-18
Use props
garrytaylor987
New

India

DronaHQ is a Digital Experience Platform with Low Code cross channel application improvement stage, Unified Container for lodging all advanced applications, just use & get the experience you always want.
iPhone Camera Repair Services
2018-5-2
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I ' like one, but not if it's a toy.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now