Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can P4P batteries be used with the P4?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.3
Russia

Would apprecaite any advise on this: as P4 batteries seem to crack / have been cracking at least in the past - can  I use a P4P battery in a P4? Could the difference in amps negatively affect equipment / electronics? Anyone with exeprience on this? The reason I am asking is that I have here a spare P4 with two original batteries - one of them has a crack near the LED's. P4 stuff is quit difficult to get here, ordering P4P equipment therefor much easier. Thanks in advance for any advise!
2018-4-4
Use props
QiiFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes. The batteries are interchangeable. You may be prompted to upgrade the firmware upon first use in your P4P.
2018-4-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All P4 batteries are compatible with all P4 models.
2018-4-4
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.3
Russia

QiiFlight , msinger : much obliged! We'll order additional P4P batteries then. Your thoughts on gluing/taping the crack in  the P4 battery housing? Would it be safe enough to use? Warranty period expired...
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Strannik, confirm that the batteries of P4 series are compatible. For the crack housing, I'd not suggest to fly it anymore as flight safety is the top priority. You can use it for the firmware update or similar.
2018-4-6
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.3
Russia

Hi Susan!  Thanks for the confirmation on the compatibility of the batteries!  I'll take your advise on using the cracked battery for ground-service. Thanks for getting back - cheers!
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only difference is that the higher capacity battery will give you an extra few minutes flight time in either drone.
2018-4-6
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.3
Russia

A CW: that is a welcome extra! Thanks for that information. We fly a lot above sea for whale research and every extra minute counts :-)      
2018-4-6
Use props
Dog Man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 34380 ft

GREAT PICTURE, hope you also have a video of that whale!
2018-4-9
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.3
Russia

Thanks Dog Man. Yes, there is lots of video and high res RAW material. The 4Pro has proven to be a good, reliable tool during 3 months of field work.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules