re DJI goggles, and the p4p
1361 14 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

I wanted to ask about the RE DJI goggles, Can anyone comment on these goggles for the use with the p4p? Are they fully funcional with this type of drone?
2018-4-4
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

It strange it show Jeff millard posted a reply but its not showing on my end????
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the DJI Goggles RE and P4P are compatible. You can check the features from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20171122/DJI_Goggles_RE_User_Manual_EN.pdf

BTW, the reply will not show here if the author deleted it after posting.
Connecting the Aircraft.png
2018-4-6
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3

United States

I also wanted to ask about the fat shark goggles do they head track? In all directions? ( a bit cheaper)                                             
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 00:21
Hey there, the DJI Goggles RE and P4P are compatible. You can check the features from here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20171122/DJI_Goggles_RE_User_Manual_EN.pdf

BTW, the reply will not show here if the author deleted it after posting.

Aloha Susan,

Mahalo again for all the help you have been.  Since the Mavic Air has come out recently, it is not always included in the comparisons like the one you just posted.

Do you know if the Mavic Air is able to fly in "Fixed-Wing" mode?

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-4-8 03:20
I also wanted to ask about the fat shark goggles do they head track? In all directions? ( a bit cheaper)

Aloha 69,

You have to buy a special adapter to use "head-tracking" with the Fat-Shark Goggles.  BTW, the Fat-Shark Goggles have a terrible resolution but amazing speed - almost no lag.  Be sure to figure out what you want, crisp clarity or fast low-res video.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-8 03:56
Aloha Susan,

Mahalo again for all the help you have been.  Since the Mavic Air has come out recently, it is not always included in the comparisons like the one you just posted.

Sorry, here is the updated version: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20180130/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf
Mavic Air does not have Fixed-Wing Mode at this moment.
Connecting the aircraft.png
2018-4-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 03:47
Sorry, here is the updated version: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20180130/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf
Mavic Air does not have Fixed Mode at this moment.

Aloha Susan,

Mahalo for the information!  I hope you are doing well these days.  Besides the Mavic Air, I am finally getting the Goggles to!  Looking forward to total immersion! - But out of water this time.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-9 05:31
Aloha Susan,

Mahalo for the information!  I hope you are doing well these days.  Besides the Mavic Air, I am finally getting the Goggles to!  Looking forward to total immersion! - But out of water this time.

That's great! Do not forget to share with us your experience.
2018-4-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 23:54
That's great! Do not forget to share with us your experience.

Aloha Susan,

Well, if the weather ever clears up.  BTW, it will be nice to try the Goggles with my P4 Pro.  I like the 1080p experience.  Mahalo again for the great work you do on the Forum!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-10 01:59
Aloha Susan,

Well, if the weather ever clears up.  BTW, it will be nice to try the Goggles with my P4 Pro.  I like the 1080p experience.  Mahalo again for the great work you do on the Forum!

Here we are in summer now. Pretty nice time for swimming.
2018-4-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-11 01:27
Here we are in summer now. Pretty nice time for swimming.

Aloha Susan,

It would be, but the weather is in turmoil right now (still winter / spring).  One nice day a week.  But then, I live on the Windward Side toward the windy and rainy weather coming off the ocean.  It does keep things very green though.  So when the days are nice, it is glorious.

The other side of the island has nicer weather and since it rains less, the ocean tends to be cleaner.  We usually have to wait three or so days after a big rain for the water to clean up.  The sharks like dirty water to hunt in.  

But even if it is overcast, as long as it is not rainy I will be trying out my new Mavic Air and the DJI Goggles!  I also want to see how the CrystalSky works with the Goggles.  The HDMI should put out 1080p!  That is like 20 / 20 vision!  Love that technology!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-11 03:34
Aloha Susan,

It would be, but the weather is in turmoil right now (still winter / spring).  One nice day a week.  But then, I live on the Windward Side toward the windy and rainy weather coming off the ocean.  It does keep things very green though.  So when the days are nice, it is glorious.

Emmm, beauty is found everywhere.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-13 03:26
Emmm, beauty is found everywhere.

Aloha Susan,

Your emoticon in the last two posts look like you have gotten too much sun!  Pick cheeks!

Very true, beauty is found everywhere.  Even though I may not be able to fly, I can still appreciate the beauty around me here in the jungle up next to the cliffs (Pali), even when it is raining.  Even sharks swimming in our bay (a Hammerhead Shark breeding ground) are beautiful if you can get past the initial shock of seeing them in the same water with you.

I was once training for the Fin-Swimming Nationals in the bay (Kaneohe Bay) when two 10 foot Tiger Sharks swam towards me.  Fortunately, I was swimming around a small (circular) patch reef and snuggled up on to the reef into shallower water as they passed.  (I think they were interested in each other.)  I watched them pass and when I turned to continue around the reef, a third 10 foot Tiger shark was trailing them!  Again fortunately, that one was more interested in the front two than me.

Needless to say, I raced back to the boat (great training) all around the reef only to have the captain of the boat already heading back and teasing me.  He kept saying, "You wanted training, now train!  Ha Ha!!!"

An interesting day none the less.  Our Captains would never do that!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-13 22:06
Aloha Susan,

Your emoticon in the last two posts look like you have gotten too much sun!  Pick cheeks!

Words are not enough to express my happiness to see you, the Captain! So, I guess the emotions may help?
Thanks for sharing your story, I can imagine the scene... Wish you have a good holiday!
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules