Big Tujunga Canyon and Waterfall
561 13 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

Years ago there were fish in here. It was one of my dad's hidden local spots to go flyfishing. I tried to hike in with my rod this week and unfortunately discovered that years of California drought have killed off the fish. In addition, fires destroyed the road that was used to stock the river back in the day. Nevertheless it was a nice day and I'm glad I brought my mavic air along to capture some of the views. Enjoy.

2018-4-4
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

nice simple and smooth panning shots. looked great in 480p - cool frog shot.
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is very cool!     
2018-4-4
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-4 10:03
nice simple and smooth panning shots. looked great in 480p - cool frog shot.

Thank you! Caught the frog with my phone and thought it was worth sneaking in there
2018-4-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Fantastic video, thank you very much!
2018-4-4
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

very beautiful video..also above the clouds..wonderful..I wish to do something similar..
2018-4-4
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

really good one
2018-4-4
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Great job.  Suggestion - next time you get a great shot like that frog - drone or not - put it in twice.  Make the 2nd one in slow motion.  I'd have loved to see that one for a bit longer.  The waterfalls were lovely too.
2018-4-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The fog shot at the beginning is so beautiful, thanks for sharing.
2018-4-4
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Great video, well done
2018-4-4
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-4-4 18:37
Great job.  Suggestion - next time you get a great shot like that frog - drone or not - put it in twice.  Make the 2nd one in slow motion.  I'd have loved to see that one for a bit longer.  The waterfalls were lovely too.

Thanks, StanfordWebbie! Just as a personal rule I never use the same shot in a video more than once. but i'm definitely going to spend more time shooting on the ground in the future and hopefully ill be able to capture more moments like this one with the frog. now to order a sony a7iii. just need to find 2 grand i forgot about in a pocket or something ;)
2018-4-5
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft

CSMelzer Posted at 2018-4-5 10:33
Thanks, StanfordWebbie! Just as a personal rule I never use the same shot in a video more than once. but i'm definitely going to spend more time shooting on the ground in the future and hopefully ill be able to capture more moments like this one with the frog. now to order a sony a7iii. just need to find 2 grand i forgot about in a pocket or something ;)

Good rule.  Mine is to keep all my videos under 3 minutes.  I'll occasionally see someone put a long video  out there with the same scene shot over and over at slightly different angles.  Another reason to like your rule.  But, if you ever get another shot like that frog, remember that even great rules should be broken under special conditions.  
2018-4-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Nice video.
I am glad you took the Mavic Air, otherwise we would of not of seen the beauty of the clouds or the Canyon water falls.
2018-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules