Mavic Pro Controller Wont Charge or Power
8953 14 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coleputt
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone,

I haven't used my mavic pro for about 6 months. Today, I went to plug in the controller because I wanted to get back to flying again and it doesn't work. When I plug it in nothing happens and when I keep hitting the power button, nothing happens either. The port doesn't really look like it's damaged and I have tried three different micro USB cords and nothing is working. Any ideas?

Thank you so much!
2018-4-4
Use props
mhowellsmead
lvl.1
Switzerland

Check the port with a magnifying glass. The metal pins are very weak and easily damaged.
2018-4-4
Use props
coleputt
lvl.1
United States

mhowellsmead Posted at 2018-4-4 13:54
Check the port with a magnifying glass. The metal pins are very weak and easily damaged.

Hmm.. It honestly looks normal to me but would you happen to have a reference pic of it ? Trying to find one online now. Shoot. This sucks.
2018-4-4
Use props
mhowellsmead
lvl.1
Switzerland

coleputt Posted at 2018-4-4 14:12
Hmm.. It honestly looks normal to me but would you happen to have a reference pic of it ? Trying to find one online now. Shoot. This sucks.

It does indeed. Are the gold pins all aligned with each other? If not, then the problem is probably the same as the one I have…
2018-4-4
Use props
coleputt
lvl.1
United States

Scratch that! So, when I was looking at it again, I tried to plug it in one final time and realized the little chip piece inside the micro USB was infact broken and just fell out. Not sure what it is called. Seems I might have to replace the plug in. Any idea how much it costs DJI to fix this? Shoot.

Thanks for the pic. Can't tell if you have the chip piece in yours either.
2018-4-4
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

How long did you leave the charger connected? It is possible that have to leave it connected and eventually it will initiate charging.
2018-4-4
Use props
coleputt
lvl.1
United States

lomo2017 Posted at 2018-4-4 14:42
How long did you leave the charger connected? It is possible that have to leave it connected and eventually it will initiate charging.

I left it connected for about an hour or so but nothing happened. As I am saying, I think I broke the tongue thing in the Micro USB charging port. Hoping this won't cost me too much.
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coleputt Posted at 2018-4-4 14:57
I left it connected for about an hour or so but nothing happened. As I am saying, I think I broke the tongue thing in the Micro USB charging port. Hoping this won't cost me too much.

Fingers crossed for you. Also be aware that the battery in the RC is also a lipo so needs to be discharged and recharged at least every three months to keep the cells optimal. Leaving it in a cupboard for half a year untouched is not advisable. You should maintain the RC just the same as you do the flight batteries.
2018-4-4
Use props
coleputt
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-4 15:19
Fingers crossed for you. Also be aware that the battery in the RC is also a lipo so needs to be discharged and recharged at least every three months to keep the cells optimal. Leaving it in a cupboard for half a year untouched is not advisable. You should maintain the RC just the same as you do the flight batteries.

Yeah, sucks, just had WAY to many more important things going on in my life to be able to focus on it.
2018-4-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coleputt Posted at 2018-4-4 15:34
Yeah, sucks, just had WAY to many more important things going on in my life to be able to focus on it.

Happens mate. Best to send it in and get it replaced though the warranty on the RC is only valid for six months - it's just the drone thats covered for 12. So you may have to buy a new remote.
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, if you had tried changing with different cables, please send the RC in for repair. For the repair fee, the local team will make a damage assessment after receiving your drone and send you the invoice. You can also try to check the accessories price at this web for the details: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2018-4-4
Use props
mhowellsmead
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-4 21:08
Hi there, if you had tried changing with different cables, please send the RC in for repair. For the repair fee, the local team will make a damage assessment after receiving your drone and send you the invoice. You can also try to check the accessories price at this web for the details: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

Make sure you use the filters on that page to select your product. Mavic Air costs are higher than some other products. Also be aware that you might have to pay for postage yourself, even if it's under warranty. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=143048
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mhowellsmead Posted at 2018-4-5 04:46
Make sure you use the filters on that page to select your product. Mavic Air costs are higher than some other products. Also be aware that you might have to pay for postage yourself, even if it's under warranty. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=143048

Sorry, the link is not accessible. Is there anything we can help you with?
2018-4-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

coleputt Posted at 2018-4-4 14:57

It may not be reparable as they will need to re-solder a new port onto the circuit board.
The usb port is useless without the internal tab, DJI have caused this by not using the more more universally used micro-B port, with the edges cut off which prevents you from inserting the plug incorrectly. Instead they use the rectangular micro-A which allows you to jam the plug in and break the internal tab in the port.
You'll notice with both micro usb ports that the internal tab is orientated toward the lower half, instead of the middle, that is why the micro usg plug can only go in one way.

micro usb.png
2018-4-6
Use props
mhowellsmead
lvl.1
Switzerland

mhowellsmead Posted at 2018-4-5 04:46
Make sure you use the filters on that page to select your product. Mavic Air costs are higher than some other products. Also be aware that you might have to pay for postage yourself, even if it's under warranty. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=143048

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=143048
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules