Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FINALLY ABLE TO SET HOME POINT TO RC AFTER NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE
1782 14 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GENETTICO
lvl.4

United States

Yup.... It has been a while since I was able to do it....First thing I tried today after firmware... and it WORKED!!! maybe a fluke?? coincidence?
To all the peeps out there that have tried it with me before....I would like to know what your results are now....
Oh.. and my RC DOT came back too! lol!!! thanks DJI!!

2015-5-7
Use props
woodielb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Myself as well, tried it a few times. As I posted on another thread, sometimes it took a few tries, I'd get the "RC has weak signal message" but if I kept trying it would succeed. I tested it with a RTH command & it worked perfectly.
2015-5-7
Use props
mhervey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 324843 ft
United States

Same for me.  Didn't try to set home point to RC very often, but never did succeed.  With new firmware, it works every time!
2015-5-7
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Hey that's good to hear after all your troubles with the feature...
I've installed the new Firmware too and tested again moving and updating home point to the RC
and it shows the RC location dot just like before with the older firmware did. It works !
2015-5-7
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.4

United States

mhervey Posted at 2015-5-8 07:54
Same for me.  Didn't try to set home point to RC very often, but never did succeed.  With new firmwa ...

AWESOME!!! Maybe it is not a fluke and they actually fixed it!!! lets keep them coming guys! I would love to hear back from all those guys that reported the issue on last firmware vs the newest one!
2015-5-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Although I have not yet test it. But glad to see it works smoothly.
2015-5-7
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-8 11:47
Although I have not yet test it. But glad to see it works smoothly.

Well folks my home point was working fine till the update. now i'm having the problems you had "RC has weak signal Message" Work that one out
2015-5-10
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-5-11 09:42
Well folks my home point was working fine till the update. now i'm having the problems you had "RC ...

I am also getting the "Weak RC GPS signal, cannot acquire location info" message
2015-5-12
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.3

Australia

production.spm2 Posted at 2015-5-12 22:40
I am also getting the "Weak RC GPS signal, cannot acquire location info" message

All of a sudden mine has come good. I noticed that my Pilot app undated 3 days ago so wonder whether that fixed a bug.
2015-5-16
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-5-17 10:25
All of a sudden mine has come good. I noticed that my Pilot app undated 3 days ago so wonder wheth ...

I did my pilot app upgrade the same day that I did the birds firmware , doing the iPads pilot app upgrade first ...
Maybe this is why I didn't have the bugs others had like the Rth altitude setting not being retained after shutdown and the homepoint setting etc etc, had not one bug everything works as it should so far.
2015-5-16
Use props
markaguille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I will try it today and let you know.
2015-5-17
Use props
markaguille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Tried it a half dozen times, every time landed 2m in front of me.
2015-5-17
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988406 ft
United States

Now mine will not set bird or RC location.  Bird will set location only when bird taking off and in the air.  Go figure that one.  RC will not set at all.  If bird is on the ground, it will not set.
2015-5-17
Use props
rfrye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Genettico,
Did you get your new firmware update to take?
I have a friend with the same symptoms your inspire had/has

Please let me know so I can help him
Thanks in advance!

2015-5-17
Use props
tdhines81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988406 ft
United States

The .txt file on the chip said "success".  Don't know how to re install firmware........
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules