Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This file has no audio or video streams
33411 25 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djmokoia77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451627 ft
United Kingdom

I am getting this error when I try to import some files into Premiere for editing.  I'm using CC2018 (latest version) on Windows 10. It's an i7 with 32Gb of ram.

It happens for some files but not others from the same recording.

I've got Quicktime installed and this happens with files with both .mov and .mp4 file extensions.

The videos will playback ok on the native Windows video player app.

Has anyone else encountered this and what (if any) resolution did you find? I haven't been recording video recently but I am gearing up to start working commercially and I don't want to run into these kinds of issues on commercial jobs.

2018-4-5
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I am thinking that you have changed the encoding H265/H264?
Can you have forgot to stop the recording before power off the AC and corrupted the files?
If not what is the difference of what will play and what won't, resolution, framerate?
2018-4-5
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the response. So as far as I know, there is no difference (settings wise) between one that will and one that won't import.

According to mediainfo, taking a couple of files as examples

General info:

Format: mpeg4
Profile: JVT
Codec id: avc1 (acv/isom)

Video info
format: AVC
Format profile: High@L5.1

100Mbps
3840 x 2160
vbr
25fps

and all this info is exactly the same for a file that will import and one that won't.

Did I power off the A/C without stopping the recording? I can't be sure, these files are from a while back. The weather is ok today so I am planning on going out later to shoot some more video and I will see whether I get the same sort of issues.

I was able to import one of the problem files into AME and transcode it to something else, so it does appear to be Premiere that has an issue with these files for whatever reason. As I said, I can play them back ok on my machine.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please copy the files in SD card to PC first, and check whether the issue remains. If yes, please play back the original videos via the DJI GO App for further check.
2018-4-5
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the response. These are files that are already on the local disk of the machine that I am working on and the issue persists.

When you say play back via the DJI Go app, I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. Presumably you don't mean the low res proxy version that is streamed to the video cache on the controller (which I now no longer have anyway). Do you mean copy the original hi-res file to an sd card and insert it into the controller for playback?

What does this establish? As I mentioned, I can play these files back in the native windows player. Although I have tried opening them in QT player and it struggles (but QT is 32 bit, right?) I believe that Premiere are ending support for 32 bit QT anyway
2018-4-6
Use props
artetavn
New
Switzerland

I have the same issues today. Only one of my file has problem. The file is not an issue because I can watch it with other video player and I actually open it successfully in Premiere Pro before. I have tried to install QuickTime, clear media cache, restart my PC, move the file to a new folder, rename the file, copy the file again from my drone's SD card but nothing works. I believe this is a bug of Premiere Pro. I will post a question to Adobe forum now.
2018-4-7
Use props
clognion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

Has anyone found the fix?
2018-4-13
Use props
djmokoia77
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have been able to import the problem files into AME and then transcode them to something else. It's annoying to have to do an extra step but it seems to solve the problem. Haven't found another solution other than that
2018-4-13
Use props
fansdda027f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 416837 ft

I am having this same problem and it's the first time I've seen it personally.  I was out shooting a real estate location and one video file, out of several, gives me the following error when I try to import.

I have no issues playing this same file on other players but Premiere Pro is having issues with it for some reason.  I have tried installing QT, Clearing out the Media Cache folders, and everything recommended above but haven't had any luck.  If I try to use AME to transcode the file, what format is advised to transcode too?  This is the following information about my file I cannot import from MediaInfo.

General
CompleteName                            : E:\Drone Footage\2018\04-2018\2018-04-25\DJI_0055.MP4
Format                                           : MPEG-4
Format_Profile                              : JVT
CodecID/String                              : avc1 (avc1/isom)
FileSize/String                                : 831 MiB
Duration/String                             : 1mn 10s
OverallBitRate_Mode/String       : VBR
OverallBitRate/String                   : 99.5 Mbps
Encoded_Date                               : UTC 2018-04-25 16:17:38
Tagged_Date                                 : UTC 2018-04-25 16:17:38
Comment                                       : DE=None, Mode=M, DSW=0001

Video
ID/String                               : 1
Format                                 : AVC
Format/Info                         : Advanced Video Codec
Format_Profile                     : High@L5.1
Format_Settings                   : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format_Settings_CABAC/String     : Yes
Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 1 frame1
Format_Settings_GOP              : M=1, N=30
CodecID                                : avc1
CodecID/Info                        : Advanced Video Coding
Duration/String                    : 1mn 9s
BitRate_Mode/String           : VBR
BitRate/String                       : 100.0 Mbps
Width/String                         : 3840 pixel3
Height/String                        : 2160 pixel3
DisplayAspectRatio/String        : 16:9
FrameRate_Mode/String            : CFR
FrameRate/String                 : 29.970 (30000/1001) fps3
ColorSpace                            : YUV
ChromaSubsampling/String         : 4:2:0
BitDepth/String                     : 8 bit3
ScanType/String                   : Progressive
Bits-(Pixel*Frame)                : 0.402
StreamSize/String                : 830 MiB (100%)
Title                                        : DJI.AVC
Language/String                  : en
Encoded_Date                      : UTC 2018-04-25 16:17:38
Tagged_Date                        : UTC 2018-04-25 16:17:38
colour_range                        : Limited
colour_primaries                 : BT.709
transfer_characteristics      : BT.709
matrix_coefficients              : BT.709

Other
Type                                       : meta
Duration/String                    : 1mn 10s
Default/String                       : No
BitRate_Mode                       : VBR

I hope there is a fix coming out soon.  Thanks for any input.
2018-4-26
Use props
maxmann74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>

I am having the same issue with my Inspire 2 footage. Shooting in H264, 4k.  I just started seeing this after the last major CC update about a month or so ago.  Very frustrating that Adobe has not resolved this. I believe it's a Premiere pro issue, but can't be 100% for sure.  
2018-5-11
Use props
Cowbhoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Im no tech guru by any stretch of the imagination but I did have the exact same issue as you and many others seem to have suffered and managed to resolve myself after trying the Quicktime install (which made no difference). If you have Adobe Creative Cloud, you should have Adobe Media Encoder CC? I dont know anything about encoding but what I did was upload all my video files onto Adobe Media Encoder (click and drag to add them to the queue and hit the play button). It took a short while and what I had in the end were copies of my files converted to .mp4 files as opposed to .mov - I appeciate you are having the same problem with both type of files but if you can - try the above. The .mp4 files then all loaded with no issues.
2018-5-17
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem.  I downgraded to the 12.0.0 version of Premiere Pro and it would import the files!  BUT there was a warning message that I think alludes to the problem, and it will require an update from DJI, Adobe or BOTH.  

This only affects my P4P.  I have no problem with the files from my Mavic Air.
2018-6-14
Use props
fans7d4fb841
New
United States

BobUnplugged, how do I downgrade Premiere Pro if I am using the Creative Cloud?
2018-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too have this issue, 2 out of 5 files will not import into premier or encoder, says the source has no importable streams, wouldnt be so bad but i really need 1 and 2

2018-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have noticed this for a few seconds at the very beginning of the 1st one that wont import, weird.....

Untitled.png
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_1NgRl5nsKUH8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10538 ft
South Africa

artetavn Posted at 2018-4-7 13:25
I have the same issues today. Only one of my file has problem. The file is not an issue because I can watch it with other video player and I actually open it successfully in Premiere Pro before. I have tried to install QuickTime, clear media cache, restart my PC, move the file to a new folder, rename the file, copy the file again from my drone's SD card but nothing works. I believe this is a bug of Premiere Pro. I will post a question to Adobe forum now.

I'm having the exact same problem. Quicktime was already on my machine, Windows 10, and the same clip plays on VLC and Windows player and played in PP a couple of days ago, but now when trying to import it says no audio or video streams. Very frustrating.
2018-7-3
Use props
InVerum
New

SOLUTION:
I tried all of the above - Installed Quicktime - Cleared Cache ect....

REMOVE UNDERSCORES FROM THE FILE NAME.

Literally that was it. The newest version of Premiere must have some bug where it can't import file names with Underscores...
2018-7-14
Use props
n54probz
lvl.1

InVerum Posted at 2018-7-14 07:13
SOLUTION:
I tried all of the above - Installed Quicktime - Cleared Cache ect....

This worked for me. Even though PP took other Mavic Pro files just fine with the underscores, it doesn't like about 20 of my clips that have underscores.
2018-7-20
Use props
Menippean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17923 ft
United States

I have this some issue. It happens on random files. When I import the files into Premiere Pro 2017, and right click on Properties, it says they are Quicktime files, despite being mp4. Did you ever get a solution?
2018-8-4
Use props
Sam Freeman
New

Australia

I also had this problem in the latest update (2018) The way I fixed the problem was by installing a free program called handbrake and exporting it out as a mp4. Also Handbrake shouldn't drop your quality!

2018-8-30
Use props
Michael Kemper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm experiencing the same issue but none of the posted solutions worked for me. I used HandBrake to "convert" (probably technically "re-encode") the mp4 and that worked.
2018-9-8
Use props
platinumsteel
lvl.4
Trinidad and Tobago

I just discovered this issue today ..I had recorded a good bit of both 4k@60fps and 4k@30fps footage..Tried to import it into Adobe Premiere  and getting the  ''No Hevc Codec installed'' and ''reporting a Genric Error''
''No video or Audio detected Error''...I ended up going into MacOSX and loaded up the latest version of Adobe Premiere there and didn't get any problem or issues importing the same file...It did state about the HEVC Codec but it offered too install it automatically..And the file loaded without issues.I also tried importing with Final Cut Pro X and 0 problems there..SO i suspect it is nothing wrong with the files or file types on the Drone or dji app...I think it might be a bug with that new version of Adobe Premiere or something in Windows 10 ....Either one of the two.
2018-9-19
Use props
juiliamgannn
New

Vietnam

Hello. You can replace the file with a mp3 music download. Have you tried yet? https://mp3tomato.com/
2018-12-7
Use props
RaceCar95
New

I had the same issue and after trying several of the  suggested solutions I finally had success with wamuBugMe's post #19. It didn't work the first time but I did it again and didn't use the option to make a copy, instead I chose to remove all information from this file and selected all. Problem solved...
Thanks to everyone who contributed to finding solutions!
2019-10-16
Use props
mendo
lvl.4

China

If you have iTunes movies to edit, then you could take a try of DRmare Video Converter for iTunes. It can help you convert iTunes videos to common formats and then you can edit and trim the videos as you like.
2019-12-10
Use props
mendo
lvl.4

China

If you have iTunes movies to edit, then you could take a try of DRmare Video Converter for iTunes. It can help you convert iTunes videos to common formats and then you can edit and trim the videos as you like.
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules