Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beyond excitement! Got the MP!
1756 49 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You will get plenty of free luts just check out google, a really good source is Ryan nangle on you tube they are paid but are excellent.
Before you try to get great footage learn how to fly manual etc. it’s always a good idea when shooting anywhere to keep camera on some of the best footage comes when your not expecting it.
Will leave you a good link below for preparation for flight.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-4-9
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Congratulations on your purchase! Be sure to share what you get from your trip to the wonderful place of Iceland!
2018-4-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

slimharry Posted at 2018-4-9 09:40
I have 3 extra props with the fly more combo, you suggest i order some more?

What can possibly damage/use a prop? Or does it have a certain life expentancy?

crashes and yes you will have some,  hope not but yes you will have some
2018-4-9
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-4-9 09:40
I have 3 extra props with the fly more combo, you suggest i order some more?

What can possibly damage/use a prop? Or does it have a certain life expentancy?

"What can possibly damage/use a prop? "

Fingers?

Practice flying a figure eight pattern.   It is the way to learn to control model helicopters that didn't have autopilot or stabilizing systems.  The eight sideways so a loop is on the left and one on the right.  You wind up with all orientations and turning directions.  Turn it back to a tail in hover if you get your controls mixed up.
2018-4-9
Use props
Mr-Valhalla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

You definitely can't go wrong with the Pro Tactic. That bag is bombproof and will likely outlive you!
2018-4-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

slimharry Posted at 2018-4-5 07:43
The best i heard was setting the RTH at its maximum height, is that possible? Or to judge if there's obstacles such as trees, powerlines, buildings well to put it higher above all that?

Check the area around where you are going to fly.  Find out what the highest object is anywhere NEAR that area.  Set the RTH 50 feet above that object so that you do not have to worry about it when you hit RTH, even if you have lost it and don't know where it happens to be.  

Lots of good suggestions for you to follow above from everyone else.  One more to add:  Get as much flying time in as possible before your trip so you have confidence and know not to have too much confidence while on vacation.  You really don't want to crash while you're excited and making your vacation flights and come back with a wrecked drone, or worse, none at all.

If something happens... DON'T PANIC !!!  Take your hands off the controls and relax while it hovers until you regain your composure.

Gary
2018-4-9
Use props
slimharry
First Officer
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

Mr-Valhalla Posted at 2018-4-9 20:03
You definitely can't go wrong with the Pro Tactic. That bag is bombproof and will likely outlive you!

haha okay, sounds perfect. To keep it compact, ill go for the 350 aw since it will fit my dSLR attached to a lens, drone and macbook pro 13'
2018-4-10
Use props
slimharry
First Officer
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-4-9 21:00
Check the area around where you are going to fly.  Find out what the highest object is anywhere NEAR that area.  Set the RTH 50 feet above that object so that you do not have to worry about it when you hit RTH, even if you have lost it and don't know where it happens to be.  

Lots of good suggestions for you to follow above from everyone else.  One more to add:  Get as much flying time in as possible before your trip so you have confidence and know not to have too much confidence while on vacation.  You really don't want to crash while you're excited and making your vacation flights and come back with a wrecked drone, or worse, none at all.

When i tested RTH at 100 ft, i was in an open field. I panicked cause of high wind velocity. UAV forecase showed 40-45 km/h gusts at 50m altitude.

I panicked, canceled RTH and brought it down lol. I guess i'll have to have some resistance to not chicken out everytime I get a warning message.
2018-4-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You did the right thing.  High wind can carry it away because it doesn't have enough power in RTH to fight the wind.  Wind calls for manually landing as soon as you find yourself fighting the wind.  If the wind is that high, you shouldn't be flying anyway.
2018-4-10
Use props
slimharry
First Officer
Canada

How come when i import my DJI videos in final cut pro, the first frame is crisp and clear 4K material, but when i play it its always flu/blurry. If i open the mov in quicktime, its very crisp...
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules