Enhanced Warning Zones
6083 12 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

So I went out to fly yesterday, and encountered a Enhanced Warning Zones warning, there are a couple of problems here.

1: I have been flying here for a while with no issues/warnings
2: I have a dedicated phone, that has no internet, so I can't just check the boxes.
3: I didn't get the warning until I was at about 160 feet high (straight up)

How do you go about this if this happens in the field? I searched for open WiFi netwroks but non were in range, so I have to pack up and go home, after walking 20 mins to get there.

2018-4-5
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I got that message as well I think last time I flew.  I was using the spark in my front yard to take some photos of my family.  Flying about 10' off the ground or less, but yes, I am in a class A airspace.  

It took me a few tries, but finally I was able to check the box.  I wonder if you tried some more to make your finger very "sharp" you would have been able to check the box as well.
2018-4-5
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
United States

I turn all internet off on my phone when I use the remote as well.  No wifi, no bluetooth, no cellular.
2018-4-5
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-4-5 11:49
I turn all internet off on my phone when I use the remote as well.  No wifi, no bluetooth, no cellular.

For some reason this time, it kept saying that I needed a network connection, I have had warnings before, but they only required me to check basically OK
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a photo of the warning message? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-4-5
Use props
agentasian
lvl.1

United States

I had the same thing on my first "flight" in my front yard.

Basically, I took off and Spark was at 4ft high and I couldn't get any controls for about 6 min. I just kept hitting the text selection (but I had no service) until finally it changed to an Agree button.  I got another 3 min to play around with controls but landed because I was so unnerved by the wasted battery in the beginning.

Hoping for better luck tomorrow on my second flight. Considering taking my 4G phone just in case this happens again.
2018-4-5
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-5 20:58
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a photo of the warning message? We'll look into it, thanks!

That's kind of a strange thing to ask for, why when I am in the field trying to gain control of my spark, would I even remotely think of taking a screenshot?
2018-4-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-6 05:15
That's kind of a strange thing to ask for, why when I am in the field trying to gain control of my spark, would I even remotely think of taking a screenshot?

I've been involved in the tech industry pretty much my entire adult life, so quite honestly, taking a screenshot when an error happens is usually one of the first things I think to do when an error screen (or something odd) pops up.  I think it is quite a normal request for a technician to ask for because it helps the company be able to assist you much easier if they can see what you were seeing when it happened.
2018-4-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, is the following picture (not mine, found via Google) what you were running into?  If so, you just need to click the little circle to agree to the disclaimer.

Unfortunately this screen is poorly designed and has caught up many people because it's not completely obvious what needs to be done to get past it, especially when surprised by it mid-flight.
2018-4-6
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-4-6 05:39
Also, is the following picture (not mine, found via Google) what you were running into?  If so, you just need to click the little circle to agree to the disclaimer.

[view_image]

Yes this is the screen, however when I click the agree, and yes, it then looks for a network, and tells me that I must be connected to a network, BTW, I too have been in the tech industry for over 30 yrs now, and when I am flying, and no longer have control (it said disconnected on the screen) taking a screenshot is the last thing on my mind
2018-4-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-6 05:46
Yes this is the screen, however when I click the agree, and yes, it then looks for a network, and tells me that I must be connected to a network, BTW, I too have been in the tech industry for over 30 yrs now, and when I am flying, and no longer have control (it said disconnected on the screen) taking a screenshot is the last thing on my mind

That is odd that it would need network for that.  Not cool.  Next time I fly, I'll throw mine phone in airplane mode to see if I can replicate the problem.  Maybe more people reporting the same problem will get some action....  

Are you using an Android device or an iOS device?  Not sure that it matters, but I've got an iOS device.
2018-4-6
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-4-6 05:54
That is odd that it would need network for that.  Not cool.  Next time I fly, I'll throw mine phone in airplane mode to see if I can replicate the problem.  Maybe more people reporting the same problem will get some action....  

Are you using an Android device or an iOS device?  Not sure that it matters, but I've got an iOS device.

Android here
2018-4-6
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
United States

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-5 12:03
For some reason this time, it kept saying that I needed a network connection, I have had warnings before, but they only required me to check basically OK

ah that stinks.  I would be royally ticked if I went somewhere to fly and then my drone didn't work.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules