New Drone Enforcement Proposals
363 3 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlazeAir
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

As local governments and agencies attempt to enact municipal laws restricting drone use, the White House and Congress continue to work on their own proposals to ratify existing laws and regulations.

In the AirVūz News Story below, they looks at some of the latest ideas, and if they could impact your day-to-day UAS flying.

AirVuz News: New Drone Enforcement Proposals

I'd defintely like to know your thoughts on this one.

2018-4-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't know.  Doesn't really bug me too much.  They're going after rogue pilots.  I don't think there are any of those guys hiding in the corn fields I fly over...
2018-4-5
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

It remains to be seen exactly what they are planning to implement.  It sounds like it is all about safeguarding sensitive facilities and government areas from unauthorized flight ops.  If that is all it is, then it should have no impact on current operations as we now know it.  The US military aka Pentagon has already authorized all military installations to use lethal force to engage any unauthorized drone operations both in CONUS and overseas, and as the vid indicated the Whitehouse and other facilities already use denial measures for drone flights, so this law would simply be an extension of those measures.
All meaning, if you are the idiot that is flying over any government area or facility that is restricted and you lose your drone due to those countermeasures, then you deserved it.
My one concern is an issue of bleed over...as many may or may not know, while you cannot takeoff and fly over a national park, from within its borders, you can takeoff from private or municipal lands and then fly over the park.  However, this new law could empower park rangers to shoot you down, maybe.  Further, if I'm flying near a military base on public or private land, but not over the base, exactly how far out can they engage a target and be "authorized" to do so, and I'm betting that that is a questioned that has not been fully resolved.
2018-4-5
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i dont think it will affect us safe droners.probally  like someone said its more aimed at sensitive areas.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules