Cache Here maps ios
49246 7 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsking
lvl.1
United States

Can someone give me directions on how to cache here maps to to I pad, In dji app I have the "cache maps in background" turned on. Iv tried alot of diffferent ways to get the maps to work, but none work. This is driving me crazy.HELP PLZ
2018-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you are connected to the Internet, you must have your RC and drone turned on too.

Bring up map view, and scroll around to the area you wish to fly at.

Pinch squeeze the map and expand your proposed flying area.

Make the area bigger, and slide the map around the area, expanding beyond the flight path.

That's about it. You should be able to turn everything off, and have the map available once you arrive at the flight zone.

What are you having the problem with?

RedHotPoker
2018-4-5
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

The way that has worked for me is just to fly the drone once (or just let it sit there until it gets a GPS fix). Then when you open the app while connected to the Internet (drone does not even need to be on) it will know where you last were and the maps will pop up. Then as noted above, scroll around and they should then be cached.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it is recommended to zoom in and zoom out to cache the place you want to go when the Internet is available. Then disable the internet to see whether the place is viewable.
2018-4-5
Use props
rsking
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-5 16:56
If you are connected to the Internet, you must have your RC and drone turned on too.

Bring up map view, and scroll around to the area you wish to fly at.

Thanks for the reply. Iv tried everything you suggested but the map won’t be there when I connect to the drone.
2018-4-6
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sometimes run into an issue on iOS mobile devices where the cached map will not display (even after I've cached it properly). To work around that issue, I change the map layer (see the screenshot below) to another type (e.g. Standard to Satellite) and restart DJI GO. For some reason, toggling that setting causes the cached map to display in DJI GO. Give it a shot and see if it works for you too.

2018-4-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-4-6 06:21
I sometimes run into an issue on iOS mobile devices where the cached map will not display (even after I've cached it properly). To work around that issue, I change the map layer (see the screenshot below) to another type (e.g. Standard to Satellite) and restart DJI GO. For some reason, toggling that setting causes the cached map to display in DJI GO. Give it a shot and see if it works for you too.

[view_image]

That's a great suggestion Mike. Hopefully it will help the OP and others who also encounter this situation.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-6
Use props
rsking
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-6 06:21
I sometimes run into an issue on iOS mobile devices where the cached map will not display (even after I've cached it properly). To work around that issue, I change the map layer (see the screenshot below) to another type (e.g. Standard to Satellite) and restart DJI GO. For some reason, toggling that setting causes the cached map to display in DJI GO. Give it a shot and see if it works for you too.

[view_image]

I’ll give that a try and see what happens
Thank you all
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules