Thumbs Up to DJI on Mavic Pro P's Collusion Alert
885 2 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Giving credit, where credit is do.

Out flying my Mavic Pro P using my old iPhone as monitor.
Phone's screen size is bare minium for use as monitor, and naturally lacks brightness to use in daylight.
(You can see where this is going, but I couldn't at the time.)

After videoing a wooded area, looking for an old hand water well pump, I started flying Mavic Pro P back.
On way back, I hear a wild Turkey calling.  Best guess, Turkey is 50-yards past where I should turn drone west to continue along return route.
Okay, no biggie.  Keep flying straight.  Make a circle around area, then head on.

After not find the calling Turkey, I flew drone on past that area towards a large open field.
One problem, right on edge of field,  out of entire forest area, was the one tree that was 15-feet taller.

Between tiny screen and screen being in bright sun, I did not see the tree's top branches.
Luckily for me, DJI's Mavic Pro P detected impending impact with top branches.

Blasting a Collusion Alert on Screen I could see.  Immediately, I did a full reverse, then stop.  No impact!  Whew, close one.

After a careful backup, and ascent above the tree's top, it was short hop to open field.  Then a large circle back to me and landing pad.

Thumbs Up to DJI   

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Hedge, flight safety is always the top priority, so please take care and fly safely. Thanks for your support, hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Close call.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now