12Next >
2270 47 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well there seems to be a contentious issue in regards to advertising on this forum.
Please have your say and add any comments that you feel may be appropriate.
Keep your comments civil please.
Hopefully dji mods/admin will take notice of this poll and act appropriately according to user votes.
Currently dji forum rules prohibit advertising in any form to take place in this forum.
This rule can easily be found in the forum rules section and is clearly spelled out. Yet we are seeing advertisments either subliminally or blatant/intentional advertisments on a regular basis.
Many members are getting upset by this advertising and would like it to stop.
But we are not hearing from any members that agree with advertising.
So here is your chance to have a vote and voice your opinion.
Single SelectVote, Total 41 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

82.93% (34)
17.07% (7)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think there should be a separate section for members to sell their DJI drones/accessories but not for general advertising.
2018-4-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Will there be pretty girls in scant attire, flogging these wares?

RedHotPoker
2018-4-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-6 00:15
Will there be pretty girls in scant attire, flogging these wares?

Hahaha you wish
2018-4-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The DJI 'girls' are always here anyway.... Ha

Fal la la

RedHotPoker
2018-4-6
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

I've completely stopped looking at any threads involving shell color, skin, wrap etc... for the obvious reason. After reporting about 50 posts for advertising, or trolling people who were speaking up it just got old.

Item 1 in post #7 of the Forum Rules and Regulations clearly prohibits advertising. 'We  do not allow people to post threads or to send any private messages or  emails to users that advertise any products, services, funds or  donations. This includes anything that may  compete with any items on the official DJI Store, DJI products or not.'

As long as a rule isn't enforced, it really isn't a rule is it?

Jeff
2018-4-6
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

My first though was to troll the condom boy. Then I started seeing his post near the top of the forum. I quit posting even though most what he was saying was wrong or just scare tactics to reduce the amount of traffic he received.  This is a DJI problem they need to address.
2018-4-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Please do not get me wrong by posting this thread i have not mentioned any specific person or company..
This poll was purely designed to gauge peoples views on advertising in this forum.
Yes i totally agree that the admins need to address any issues regarding forum rules.
The purpose of this poll is to hopefully give dji admins an insight into the feelings of forum users in regards to those that do brake forum rules for the purposes of financial gains.
2018-4-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

They often disguise themselves as offering help, then start promoting their products.
2018-4-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There is a fundamental problem as well as the one of sub-level advertising.

1. That the forum being a DJI owned / run affair means that any product in conflict with DJI own is banned.
2. Sub-level advertising as I call it - is as per Alabama says - supposed help and then it becomes a seller item.

Item 1 is understood from DJI PoV but can lead to other users failing to benefit from some items. It is noted that DJI mods do seem to accept a level of alternative items as long as its not the retailer promoting. I have on occasions given links to alternative products to benefit users, and they have not been removed. I appreciate that.

Item 2 is a different ball game though and needs to be stamped out.

If the forum was a non DJI affair - then a listing separate for retailers as many independent forums do would be appropriate. But its a DJI forum. QED.

Nigel
2018-4-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There should be no issue, the forum rules specifically ban advertising.

Post No' 7 Here

Why should others profit from the members who keep this forum active by contributing their own time and effort free of charge.
It is even more galling when the advertisers start spouting rubbish to attempt to promote a completely non functional product.
2018-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-6 03:58
There should be no issue, the forum rules specifically ban advertising.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=71515&pid=623189&fromuid=154551

The link got messed by the forum.
2018-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-6 10:41
The link got messed by the forum.

All these ampersands are translated into amp;
2018-4-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-6 10:42
All these ampersands are translated into amp;

Thank you, now amended :-)
2018-4-6
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I do not think or believe formal or even subliminal/sub-level/disguised advertising should happen here on this forum at any time, period.  For the most part, not even DJI does direct advertising here, they could, but don't, and yes technically they do not have too, I think you get my point.

This said, I also agree with post #2 above...I would like to see a section here where forum members can colaborate with one another in the interest of buying, selling, or trading their DJI products with one another.
2018-4-6
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

I have an ad-blocking software, so I don't see ads. So, post ads all you want.
2018-4-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-4-6 18:40
I have an ad-blocking software, so I don't see ads. So, post ads all you want.

Add blocking sofware wont work as the adds are in the form of a normal thread
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Spam and advertising of other products are not welcomed. Please follow the forum rules, thanks for your attention and feedback.
2018-4-6
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Let's split hairs as some ads may be relevant but others are so far away from reason for DJI Forum that they should be out.
Agree with mob who suggest separate forum for buy, sell, trade.
Onus would be on moderators to ensure posts comply
2018-4-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 20:15
Spam and advertising of other products are not welcomed. Please follow the forum rules, thanks for your attention and feedback.

Then when is a certain person allowed to keep on showing of their product, they even have the company website as their username, clearly that alone is advertising not to mention the constant videos purporting to be helpful but are clearly showing off their product, its just getting tedious now, even more so that the mods are clearly missing it. Not to mention when the person revives an old thread of a year plus since last reply clearly showing off their product with a video.

Its blatantly obvious to many of us as to what the person is trying to do, except to the mods and admin.
2018-4-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 20:15

Why then don't you do something when thread and posts made for advertising are being reported?
I still doubt if that report function does anything at all, still waiting for several thousand points for reporting a lot of spam during the winter months and it seem that several users has reported among others this rainman without any success.
2018-4-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-6 23:06
Why then don't you do something when thread and posts made for advertising are being reported?
I still doubt if that report function does anything at all, still waiting for several thousand points for reporting a lot of spam during the winter months and it seem that several users has reported among others this rainman without any success.

Hopefully this poll might open some eyes to the problem.
Thanks for your contribution elektra its nice to know that you guys are still watching.
2018-4-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, that’s another thing. The Forum points rules indicate +3 points for reporting posts. If the Forum isn’t paying those points, it should be grayed out as the other items not in use.

Jeff
2018-4-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

To be honest - I don;t see point of the original question - you don't see Ford advertising on BMW sites etc.

If a personal section where people are selling on their personal private gear - that's different. But once you provide section for that - the not so honest will start using it to promote 'commercial' sales ...

Age old story - only way to prevent is to say no to all.

Nigel
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ked, if we found useless post and advertising, we will warn the users. Users can also PM or reply us if you find any spam post, we are working on running the forum. Any advice is welcomed.
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-7 02:14
Ked, if we found useless post and advertising, we will warn the users. Users can also PM or reply us if you find any spam post, we are working on running the forum. Any advice is welcomed.

Are you by that saying that the Report function does not work?
If so i have wasted hours during the winter filling out spam reports for no reason.

The rules state that we should use the report function and nothing else.

Edit:
Any advice is welcomed.
For a start, look up a user named phantomrain.org, both the username and most of the threads and post from this user is advertisement some better hidden than other.

2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-7 02:21
Are you by that saying that the Report function does not work?
If so i have wasted hours during the winter filling out spam reports for no reason.

Thanks for your attention and details. I would forward this situation.
2018-4-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>

Ked, if we found useless post and advertising, we will warn the users. Users can also PM or reply us if you find any spam post, we are working on running the forum. Any advice is welcomed.

Link
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

More ''fun'' to see when it started at #.. in this thread that also show how old threads get new life for advertisement in the end.

And the old thread wakening

Edit: He didn't just get banned i guess, all traces are gone.

2018-4-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Elektra i think you will find that many of us have reported phantomrain.org 1 for advertising and to be honest we are really sick and tired of it.
We have sent many pm msg to admin staff to no avail.
Please do not take this the wrong  way not one of us is trying to tell you guys how to do your job.This poll was my idea and mine alone noone else is to be blamed for it but me.
I felt that this was the only way left to hopefully make dji admins/mods aware of an on going situation.
If you could please look into phantomrain.org 1 posts you will get an understanding of what everyone is upset about.
If you wish to discuss this further in pm i am more than willing to do so.
If you feel i have over stepped my boundaries by creating this poll then i willingly accept any consequences you feel may be appropriate.
Just for your information phantomrain.org 1 has on many occasions blatantly advertised his wetsuits in this forum he has used subversive tactics to also advertise his products.
Our concern and i believe i speak for many in this forum is that he is promoting his products against forum rules and seems to have no remorse at all about doing so.
When confronted about his advertising he becomes very defensive and resorts to baseless accusations against the person that has confronted him myself included, these accusations range from very petty to defamation of character the later being an illigal act in many countries.
I am making this statement public in this forum that in the hopes something can be done about it.
We all very much enjoy this forum and many of the regular contributers here have spent many hours of their free time to help new pilots with many issues.
Unfortunately the enjoyment has been taken away to a degree by either subliminal or direct advertising within this forum.
As ive mention already this was my idea and mine alone no one else was involved in the creation of this poll and im truly sorry that it had to come out in public like this but it seemed the only way to get admin/mods attention.
I patiently await yours or another admins reply
2018-4-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

As a creator, founder and moderator of quite a few forums - I feel sympathy for mods - its not an easy job. You cannot catch every error.

Personally - as regards the Rainsuits matter - I ignore him anyway as I think the product is a joke .... I just scroll on by.

Nigel
2018-4-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-7 03:41
As a creator, founder and moderator of quite a few forums - I feel sympathy for mods - its not an easy job. You cannot catch every error.

Personally - as regards the Rainsuits matter - I ignore him anyway as I think the product is a joke .... I just scroll on by.

It is not easy to scroll on by when he is giving misleading information that could also jeopardise the integrity of a drone and possibly cause a malfunction that in the worst case put people in danger.
All simply for the sole purpose of financial gain .
2018-4-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

You think he's only one on here giving crap info that could prove disastrous ?

I agree that his style is 'off' but he joins the ranks of the 'to be ignored' brigade in my book. DJI seem to ignore him, why I have no idea.

Nigel
2018-4-7
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-7 03:47
It is not easy to scroll on by when he is giving misleading information that could also jeopardise the integrity of a drone and possibly cause a malfunction that in the worst case put people in danger.
All simply for the sole purpose of financial gain .

I have to agree, I have read many misleading posts, and have been thankful for the corrections that experienced forum members have posted.
It could get rather expensive for a newbie (like me) to damage/destroy  their bird on misinformation, especially if they are just wanting to make a buck!

I have never had any plans to fly in a rainstorm anyway!
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-7 03:19
Elektra i think you will find that many of us have reported phantomrain.org 1 for advertising and to be honest we are really sick and tired of it.
Please do not take this the wrong  way not one of us is trying to tell you guys how to do your job.This poll was my idea and mine alone noone else is to be blamed for it but me.

The situation is forwarded. Thanks for your advice and attention. We will continue to improve our service and find our shortcomings.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-7 03:19
Please do not take this the wrong  way not one of us is trying to tell you guys how to do your job.This poll was my idea and mine alone noone else is to be blamed for it but me.

hey, Hellsgate
thank you so much for your feedback and support on forum. I already banned the user "phantomrain.org1" for the ads.
so sorry for the bad experience caused here.
2018-4-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-4-9 00:51
hey, Hellsgate
thank you so much for your feedback and support on forum. I already banned the user "phantomrain.org1" for the ads.

Grace
I think i speak for a lot of members here  THANK YOU.
2018-4-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hey, Hellsgate
thank you so much for your feedback and support on forum. I already banned the user "phantomrain.org1" for the ads.

Oh wow, thank you....
2018-4-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

hey, Hellsgate

Hi grace thanks you for taking action long at last.

On the the other side if in all this time we have reported this, he has got no official warnings from the Admins i think a ban maybe a little exaggerated reaction, better would be to have him change username so it does not directly advertise his site and at the same time get all the ad threads/posts deleted. then if it continues ban him for good.

Also it still is unclear to me if the report function works or not, are we all wasting our time when reporting spam and advertisement and asking you in the report system to move misplaced threads to the right sections?
2018-4-9
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-9 01:22
Grace
I think i speak for a lot of members here  THANK YOU.

It looks like his content was removed across the board...

Jeff
2018-4-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules