Phantom 3 SE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

HELLO DJI FANS

I Just got my Phantom 3 4K video machine..

I thought i have bought a Phantom 3 Pro.-.. as it turns out it is the Phantom 3 SE version.

well i got it for a extreme cheap price, so thats okay..
I found out that my controller isnt working.. it will not turn on. so i decided to charge it over night.
Today still notthing ..
So do you guys now what to do to fix this problem? because the seller told me he had flown this for 2 weeks ago, before sending it to me.

Can somebody please help me with this problem?

2018-4-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Wow.

First - the P3 4K is the name of a DJI Phantom, but that particular Phantom has nothing to do with anything in your post.  I guess you have a Phantom and also a 4K camera attached to it.  

It's not easy to tell in your brief video, but it appears to me that your controller is not a P3 SE controller.   The clue is that the P3 SE controller has only one stick antenna.  The P3P controller has two stick antennas.  

I would find out for sure exactly which Phantom you have.  Then I would find out exactly which controller you have.  Then I would be sure the two components are designed to work with each other.  For example, a P3P controller will not work with a P3 SE aircraft.  

Next I would begin reading the manual for whatever Phantom you own before I did anything else, including charging batteries.  

Re charging - I would charge one battery at a time.  I believe this is recommended in the manual somewhere.  It appears you are trying to charge the controller and the flight battery at the same time.  I don't think that's a good idea.  

Good luck.

2018-4-6
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-6 04:09
Wow.

First - the P3 4K is the name of a DJI Phantom, but it has nothing to do with anything in your post.  

it was only to show that i did not cheat on charging.
and i know that some of the controller does use lightbrigde and some use wifi..
the phantom is colored in gold writing in the front and has the P3SE motors on them.
and i know that the controller is different that this one. but the seller told me that he flew with this setup-.

i dont know what to do.. just trying to make that controller to work so i can se if its working with the Phantom 3.
2018-4-6
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-6 04:09
Wow.

First - the P3 4K is the name of a DJI Phantom, but it has nothing to do with anything in your post.  

And on the underside of the controller is has only one micro usb on it. Not the big usb port as the others do. so i dont know what controller it is.. ?? never seen that before..
2018-4-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Tell us what the gold label says on the front of the Phantom.  For example, mine says PHANTOM, and then below that it says PROFESSIONAL in a smaller font.  

Tell us what model the label on the bottom of the controller says.  For example, mine says DJI Model GL300A

2018-4-6
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-6 04:51
Tell us what the gold label says on the front of the Phantom.  For example, mine says PHANTOM, and then below that it says PROFESSIONAL in a smaller font.  

[view_image]

i just looked at it. and it says in gold writing Phantom 4K
2018-4-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Okay.  Then you have the Phantom 3 4K.  It's not the Phantom 3 Professional.  It's basically a Phantom 3 Standard with better range, a 4K camera and VPS.  It comes with a controller which has two visible stick antennas.  So you probably have the correct controller.  

I would read the manual from front to back first thing.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Good luck
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-9 06:26
Okay.  Then you have the Phantom 3 4K.  It's not the Phantom 3 Professional.  It's basically a Phantom 3 Standard with better range, a 4K camera and VPS.  It comes with a controller which has two visible stick antennas.  So you probably have the correct controller.  

I would read the manual from front to back first thing.

If I remember rightly the P34K has a WiFi only transmission using the same RC design as the P3P but, unlike the P3P, does not have lightbridge - which was the main difference between them.
2018-4-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Actually the P34K controller is the same RC design as the P3S, except for the antennas.  The P3S uses two patch antennas for wifi, the P34K uses two stick antennas for wifi - one of them, I think the left one, is a multi use antenna sharing 5.8 and 2.4
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-9 07:34
Actually the P34K controller is the same RC design as the P3S, except for the antennas.  The P3S uses two patch antennas for wifi, the P34K uses two stick antennas for wifi - one of them, I think the left one, is a multi use antenna sharing 5.8 and 2.4

I mean the design - not the internals (no lightbridge) - it had the two antennas and the same device holder as the P3P rather than that one to the side on the P3S - this takes me back.
2018-4-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Yes - you're right - the P3 4K controller shell is very much like the lightbridge models.  I didn't realize there was such a resemblance.  Now I know why the OP thought he might have had a P3P...

Thanks
2018-4-9
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-9 09:45
Yes - you're right - the P3 4K controller shell is very much like the lightbridge models.  I didn't realize there was such a resemblance.  Now I know why the OP thought he might have had a P3P...

Thanks

now the battery will charge for the controller. so now the problem is that i can not fly it because it will not calibrate, no matter what i do???
2018-4-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Calibrate what?  The IMU?  The compass?  The controller?  
2018-4-17
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-17 02:00
Calibrate what?  The IMU?  The compass?  The controller?

sorry.. calibrate the compass. it will not let me do it. it says fail calibration every time...
2018-4-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

You must do it outside away from all metal objects including underground steel - put your phone down somewhere...
2018-4-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hello miaz ... if you are near you car ..it is enough to get a bad calibration ...
2018-4-17
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-4-17 02:58
hello miaz ... if you are near you car ..it is enough to get a bad calibration ...

i know friend. but i took out all metal out and even my watch. but it still say failed calibration. i have seen other people take a magnet and go back and forth on the compas, but i dont know if its real or not?
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules