Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
crystal sky
1524 14 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf558b09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 732270 ft
United States

Just wondering ?  Is the 5.5 in crystal sky the same monitor that is on the phantom 4 pro plus  ?    And  , if so will the new litchi app
that is advertised on Amazon as working on the crysatl sky now work on the phantom 4 pro +  ?

2018-4-6
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
Flight distance : 298750 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Crystal sky 5.5 is similar in size but the plus models and crystal has a locked version of android so you would not be able to use the litchi app. The crystal sky just allows to be used on other DJI drones other than the Phantom series. Unless there a new update that allows Litchi to be used with those systems then you can. But from my stand point currently it will not work since DJI locked the android OS from 3rd party installs. The crystal sky also has the ability to record to the crystal sky itself using micro sd cards. Having the ability to output an image through the HDMI and higher brightness than any current cellphone or tablet.
2018-4-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can install 3rd party apps on the P4A+/P4P+ remote controller too. However, I haven't seen anyone successfully install and run Litchi on either of those devices.
2018-4-6
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
Flight distance : 298750 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want to use Litchi, you'd have to use an android tablet or apple device attached instead of using the Crystal Sky or the Plus remotes.
2018-4-6
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have run the Litchi version 4.0.2 (patched) on the CS and it works fine, you need to side load and install  a subset of google play services, google play store and google maps via .apk files

The later versions of Litchi won't work, I've only tested the 4.0.2 version
2018-4-6
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Great news. Whether it works on the P4+ I couldn’t say, but Litchi says it works on the crystal sky monitors

https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky
2018-4-6
Use props
seapony 7
lvl.4
United States

It's interesting that Litchi is promoting this just for CS, but not Plus.  As a Plus user, I'll be very curious to see if it works.
2018-4-6
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

seapony  7 Posted at 2018-4-6 19:39
It's interesting that Litchi is promoting this just for CS, but not Plus.  As a Plus user, I'll be very curious to see if it works.

Hard to imagine it not working on the plus
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

mrbill Posted at 2018-4-7 03:45
Hard to imagine it not working on the plus

No it might not, a few has reported luck installing other flight apps and goggle play but no being able to have the app communicate with the RC. If the App expect a USB connection to the RC and the buildin display is connected otherwise there might be a problem.
2018-4-7
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-7 04:46
No it might not, a few has reported luck installing other flight apps and goggle play but no being able to have the app communicate with the RC. If the App expect a USB connection to the RC and the buildin display is connected otherwise there might be a problem.

The new Litchi version for CS do not require google App Store but Amazon App Store.
Amazon is possible to install and so should the Litchi app. Maybe there will be no issues about USB. I hope so
2018-4-7
Use props
rexster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

Just installed the Amazon Appstore, then installed LItchi which installed with no problem. However, something's holding it back from connecting. I've force stopped the DJI stuff but no joy.
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-7 18:33
Just installed the Amazon Appstore, then installed LItchi which installed with no problem. However, something's holding it back from connecting. I've force stopped the DJI stuff but no joy.

Thank you for the report, i had a suspicion there might would be a problem based on other similar reports of different flight apps.
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-4-7 08:40
The new Litchi version for CS do not require google App Store but Amazon App Store.
Amazon is possible to install and so should the Litchi app. Maybe there will be no issues about USB. I hope so

As rexster reported above there still is a connection issue. I think some USB sim driver to interface the connection is needed.
2018-4-7
Use props
rexster
lvl.4
United States

The group on Facebook had a post this morning about it and the (hopefully) workaround got me fixed up
First off, you need a short USB cable that will jump the ports on the controller. Boot up the controller as usual. Go into Settings/Apps and force stop all DJI running applications. Go back to the home screen. Plug the USB cable into both ports of the controller. What should occur is a pop up appears giving you the option of using either Litchi or DJI and the option of using the app always or just once. For me I just checked "Just Once" then tapped on Litchi. Litchi should open up for you. It may or may not have a popup window to register Litchi app, just check agree. Give it a few seconds and you should have Litchi running and will connect to the aircraft
2018-4-8
Use props
rexster
lvl.4
United States

After charging the controller due to the experimenting I've done, I've found that once the controller boots up, plug a loose end of the USB into the corresponding jack. The popup will ask you which app you want to use. Since I'm not sure which, and don't want to set a default as of yet, I choose Litchi, then tap Just Once. Start the aircraft and once Litchi has loaded, the aircraft should connect to the R/C. The USB cord needs to stay plugged in. When you unplug one end or the other you'll lose connection with the aircraft.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules