Is it normal for video to look like this ?
12Next >
1954 50 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft

Took my Mavic Air for its first flight and when looking back at the live stream footage that is stored on my phone it looks like it is being refreshed in a strange way,like scanning from left to right every second.
Anyone know if this is normal or not ?

And just to point out that the original footage stored on the SD card is fine,so it is NOT a prop issue/sun,as it does it when the drone is not even flying and out of the sun.

2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Does not look right to me.  What are your camera/video settings?  Seems like its contrast and other settings are changing.  Best to try and put in manual and try again.  Like your shutter, ISO, and custom settings all to manual.  
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The issue is your phone. What phone are you using!
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-6 10:04
The issue is your phone. What phone are you using!

Samsung galaxy note 8
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Yeah I re-read and you mentioned only issue on your phone not on the SD card so for sure issue with your phone.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 10:03
Does not look right to me.  What are your camera/video settings?  Seems like its contrast and other settings are changing.  Best to try and put in manual and try again.  Like your shutter, ISO, and custom settings all to manual.

Camera settings are how they come out of the box.But if it were the settings then it would show up on the original video footage stored to the SD card in the drone,and that footage is perfectly fine.
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 10:07
Camera settings are how they come out of the box.But if it were the settings then it would show up on the original video footage stored to the SD card in the drone,and that footage is perfectly fine.

Yeah corrected myself since footage is good on sd card then your phone has to be issue.  I would check make sure latest version of DJI GO 4 app and also your phone has latest firmware.
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

I have No real issues with the S5 S6 S7 or S8 and perfect with the ipad mini 4 maybe try another phone and see if there is much of a difference. That said wouldn't use off the phone other than reviewing, so worry not.
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-6 10:10
I have No real issues with the S5 S6 S7 or S8 and perfect with the ipad mini 4 maybe try another phone and see if there is much of a difference. That said wouldn't use off the phone other than reviewing, so worry not.

I will give my daughters an iPhone 6 a go and see if it plays back any better on there.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is interference to your phone signals. I sometimes get similar issues when viewing the vid on my phone at certain locations. Try another location and it should make a difference. Your remote and phone paired together transmitting/receiving a signal to your drone is susceptible to a lot of interference around you especially if a lot of Wifi around
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:16
That is interference to your phone signals. I sometimes get similar issues when viewing the vid on my phone at certain locations. Try another location and it should make a difference. Your remote and phone paired together transmitting/receiving a signal to your drone is susceptible to a lot of interference around you especially if a lot of Wifi around

That is great info and for sure could be the issue.  In fact I have to put my iPhone in airplane mode to keep the controller from disconnecting with my iPhone.  I do not mind though it keeps phone calls and other popups from happening while flying.  
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

So maybe try turning off WiFi and or bluetooth and see if the issue persists.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 10:19
That is great info and for sure could be the issue.  In fact I have to put my iPhone in airplane mode to keep the controller from disconnecting with my iPhone.  I do not mind though it keeps phone calls and other popups from happening while flying.

The first and most important thing I do is put phone in Airplane mode, hate to get a phone call while flying and have to hold remote to my Ear with phone connected I will look really stupid
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:24
The first and most important thing I do is put phone in Airplane mode, hate to get a phone call while flying and have to hold remote to my Ear with phone connected I will look really stupid

whats your phone number.... we can test it and see
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:16
That is interference to your phone signals. I sometimes get similar issues when viewing the vid on my phone at certain locations. Try another location and it should make a difference. Your remote and phone paired together transmitting/receiving a signal to your drone is susceptible to a lot of interference around you especially if a lot of Wifi around

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried it in a couple of locations (miles apart) and it is the same.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-6 10:26
whats your phone number.... we can test it and see

2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 10:19

Thanks for getting back,and that is a good idea about airplane mode.I will try that in a bit,
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 10:27
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried it in a couple of locations (miles apart) and it is the same.

Okay the next issue could be the cable you using between the Rc and phone. If you are using the cable with that came with the drone do me a favour, hold it in your left hand not the right and throw it far away. Then get yourself the original phone cable and using the bottom usb port connect up from there and see if you still having the issue, if it is still there then get an IPhone.
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:30
Okay the next issue could be the cable you using between the Rc and phone. If you are using the cable with that came with the drone do me a favour, hold it in your left hand not the right and throw it far away. Then get yourself the original phone cable and using the bottom usb port connect up from there and see if you still having the issue, if it is still there then get an IPhone.

HAHA OMG I am LOL over here.  See how far it can be thrown.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 10:54
HAHA OMG I am LOL over here.  See how far it can be thrown.

Hence the LEFT hand
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:55
Hence the LEFT hand

You know whats crazy so when I first got my MP no matter how close or far the drone from me my controller kept disconnecting from my iPhone.  Only had the single cable that came with it.  I opened a case with DJI about the issue.  After they had a replacement in the mail I did more research about the disconnecting due to interference.  So I put in airplane mode and sure enough that was the issue.  So at least I have an extra cable now if mine does ever break
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Ok i have just tried an iPhone and an iPad,tried my note 8 with airplane mode on and also airplane mode on the iPad and iPhone,problem is still there on all devices.

So it would seem that i have a duff drone or controller,which is just about my luck as I purchased a DJI osmo mobile 2 the other day and that was faulty out of the box.

Getting a bit of a joke now : (
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

I just figured they would of had knowledge about that issue and had me try that first.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:05
Ok i have just tried an iPhone and an iPad,tried my note 8 with airplane mode on and also airplane mode on the iPad and iPhone,problem is still there on all devices.

So it would seem that i have a duff drone or controller,which is just about my luck as I purchased a DJI osmo mobile 2 the other day and that was faulty out of the box.

Are you using the bottom usb port?
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 11:05
I just figured they would of had knowledge about that issue and had me try that first.

Sometimes Dji go figure
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 11:08
Are you using the bottom usb port?

No I’m using the supplied cables that connect to the side
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:20

Well Well, Like i said in the above posts using your left hand...... Anyways change to the bottom usb port and use your phone cable that came with your phone and try and let us know if it works. The supplied cables that come from Dji are not of good quality.
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:20

Get rid of the DJI cables, it is a known issue, I replaced mine with the cable from my phone and no issues since.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 11:22
Well Well, Like i said in the above posts using your left hand...... Anyways change to the bottom usb port and use your phone cable that came with your phone and try and let us know if it works. The supplied cables that come from Dji are not of good quality.

I will try my phones original cable but even if that does work,it is not on that i would then have to use my own cable as the whole point in me getting this drone was the fact that it was all so small and contained,and not having to remember to take a separate cable around with me.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:28
I will try my phones original cable but even if that does work,it is not on that i would then have to use my own cable as the whole point in me getting this drone was the fact that it was all so small and contained,and not having to remember to take a separate cable around with me.

Try it. At first i used to use the supplied cables but bought myself some good quality ones after app drops. keep it in your bag does not take up any extra space and you will not regret it.
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:28
I will try my phones original cable but even if that does work,it is not on that i would then have to use my own cable as the whole point in me getting this drone was the fact that it was all so small and contained,and not having to remember to take a separate cable around with me.

Go on to ebay or amazon and buy a 6 inch replacement cable, it is hardly a hardship and for a few €$£ it will make for care free flying in future.  
2018-4-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I do not have a Mavic Air, thus my asking.
Does Mavic Air transmit to remote control over WiFi or use a dedicated frequency/channel/protocol like Mavic Pro does?
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Yeah it seems it could be the port on the side of the controller that is the issue so for sure as mentioned by Suren try the bottom port.  Remember for the bottom port to work you have to disconnect the side port for it to work.
2018-4-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Have just tried my phones own cable connected to the bottom usb and it is still playing up.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 11:37
Yeah it seems it could be the port on the side of the controller that is the issue so for sure as mentioned by Suren try the bottom port.  Remember for the bottom port to work you have to disconnect the side port for it to work.

Now that you mentioned that. I had a stupid experience today at the beach. connected my cable to the bottom port and what you know not connecting to the RC, disconnected and restarted everything maybe 6 times only to realize the cable was connected to the side port. My son was playing with the RC trying to connect to his drone and phone
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-6 11:42
Have just tried my phones own cable connected to the bottom usb and it is still playing up.

Looks like it is open case time then.  Very sorry about your misfortunes so far.  
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 11:44
Now that you mentioned that. I had a stupid experience today at the beach. connected my cable to the bottom port and what you know not connecting to the RC, disconnected and restarted everything maybe 6 times only to realize the cable was connected to the side port. My son was playing with the RC trying to connect to his drone and phone

LOL when I first tried using the bottom port when I was first troubleshooting my disconnect issues I ran into that issue as well, finally viewed a youtube video that showed you had to disconnect that side port first haha.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 11:49
LOL when I first tried using the bottom port when I was first troubleshooting my disconnect issues I ran into that issue as well, finally viewed a youtube video that showed you had to disconnect that side port first haha.

Live and Learn.
2018-4-6
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

I'm brend new with MA, too but I've had same experience with ipad .... it seems to be some signals  interference from MA to your phone, most of the time followed by a warning message of poor connection between them.
Did you notice that ?
I've tried to force and change wifi channel with best results (on screen) no issue on the SD card
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

AlphaDog Posted at 2018-4-6 14:20
I'm brend new with MA, too but I've had same experience with ipad .... it seems to be some signals  interference from MA to your phone, most of the time followed by a warning message of poor connection between them.
Did you notice that ?
I've tried to force and chenge wifi channel with best results (on screen) no issue on the SD card

replace the provided cable with the cable from your ipad, it works great.
2018-4-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules