Before buying a DJI Drone... READ THIS!!!
12Next >
5687 43 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally have had HORRIBLE experiences with DJI & if you have been on this forum for awhile, you may be aware of the issues I have had with DJI and the lack of customer service.   Being that DJI has released new drones recently & about to release the DJI Mavic II.   I feel it is important that new users of DJI drones NEED to be aware of what they are getting themselves into.   If you are new to this company, PLEASE read the cases users have had with DJI... Many are just horrible.  My case IS NOT on this site.... Please review this site before you throw down a grand for a camera that you throwing in the sky and HOPE it comes back....   REALLY think about your purchase.   Read the first case on this site.   You may have second thoughts about your purchase.  

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com

2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

There are quite a few issues listed there but also alot of good reviews has well. Unfortunatly its Human Nature to only complain and very few go online to give praise where it is due.I am sorry for your issue you have had, Maybe an Admin will come on this thread and help you.
2018-4-6
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BELIEVE me.  The Admins won't and CAN’T do crap!!  DJI is WELL KNOWN to have THE WORSE CUSTOMER SUPPORT ON THE PLANET!!!   I actually had a DJI rep admit to me that their support was horrible.  No, belive me, after your purchase, your on your own.
2018-4-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 21:50
There are quite a few issues listed there but also alot of good reviews has well. Unfortunatly its Human Nature to only complain and very few go online to give praise where it is due.I am sorry for your issue you have had, Maybe an Admin will come on this thread and help you.

very few go online to give praise where it is due

I tried too!
2018-4-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think all the negative press is overstretched just a little bit. Not every company is going to have the absolute best customer service, especially when you are relatively a new company - DJI has only picked up traction during the past few years. If you want award winning customer support then shop elsewhere, but honestly what drone company out there does a better job?
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-6 22:13
I think all the negative press is overstretched just a little bit. Not every company is going to have the absolute best customer service, especially when you are relatively a new company - DJI has only picked up traction during the past few years. If you want award winning customer support then shop elsewhere, but honestly what drone company out there does a better job?

I fully agree with you. He should try shopping at some stores here in South Africa. When you go in to complain the guys look at you like What do you want me to do Now, Just live with it.
2018-4-6
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Read the reviews....  no excuse for “losing a customers drone”, not giving refunds when products were returned... literally having a drone in service for over 6 months?!!   No way this is “growing pains”... it shows Chinese manufacturing dominating a market & have no intention of backing their products.   They get away with it being based in another country.  

As I have said many times... I want to buy an Air.  Engineering on this stuff is SO amazing...  but I WILL NOT buy a drone from DJI & have to depend on them for support.  THAT is what is preventing me from buying one right now.  I got bitten by DJI before & just like marriage.... it ain’t worth it.
2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-6 22:32
Read the reviews....  no excuse for “losing a customers drone”, not giving refunds when products were returned... literally having a drone in service for over 6 months?!!   No way this is “growing pains”... it shows Chinese manufacturing dominating a market & have no intention of backing their products.   They get away with it being based in another country.  

As I have said many times... I want to buy an Air.  Engineering on this stuff is SO amazing...  but I WILL NOT buy a drone from DJI & have to depend on them for support.  THAT is what is preventing me from buying one right now.  I got bitten by DJI before & just like marriage.... it ain’t worth it.

Well fella if you are not going to buy DJI's drones, drones that you yourself have admitted are amazing, then what on gods earth are you doing on here, crying and acting like a petulant child!  

This thread is more a reflection on you than DJI
2018-4-6
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Or... would that child be you.... your right, your have SUCH a bigger keyboard than me.... or is that just because your a little man....all Republicans are alike...
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's odd - I have had 7 DJI drones over the years from a Spark to a Phantom 4 Pro and every Mavic Pro and have never lost or crashed one of them. They have, however, provided me with thousands of stills I would have never normally been able to take, hours upon hours of 4K video which all of my friends and family think is amazing and a whole lot of fun. Their drones are the very best consumer grade drones on the market today and they are a highly innovative leader in that market.
Anyone can pluck out a few cases of poor CS in any organisation but you are reading about my personal experience now as a customer of DJI and I continue to be impressed on every level.
I highly recommend DJI to anyone looking to get into this hobby. Do your research, read the manuals, understand that drones are not toys and take your time to learn and you'll get the most of it and never lose your drone. Ignore the trolls and fly safe!
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-6 22:46
Well fella if you are not going to buy DJI's drones, drones that you yourself have admitted are amazing, then what on gods earth are you doing on here, crying and acting like a petulant child!  

This thread is more a reflection on you than DJI

2018-4-6
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well fella if you are not going to buy DJI's drones, drones that you yourself have admitted are amazing, then what on gods earth are you doing on here, crying and acting like a petulant child!  

You've got to ask yourself, .. how many times can you flog a dead horse?
2018-4-6
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

You can always buy from your local retailer, that way you don't have to deal with DJI support and let your retailer handle warranty issues.
I think that in Europe, you then even get 2 years of warranty instead of 1 buying directly from DJI.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

I agree, if you not happy go some where else and blow off your
2018-4-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-6 22:50
Or... would that child be you.... your right, your have SUCH a bigger keyboard than me.... or is that just because your a little man....all Republicans are alike...

wow butt hurt much, go figure I hit the nail on the head didn't I.......lol  Infantile Petulant child.
2018-4-7
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-6 22:50

I was pretty much on your side until this. Kinda says it all.  
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello NerdyGuy, I have a quick look at your post and only found one previous flyaway: https://forum.dji.com/thread-112868-2-1.html Diana has replied you in 44#. We're not sure whether it is the same case caused the complaint as we did not receive any feedback since the supervisor contacted you at that time.

Personally, I do not think complaint will solve the issue completely. We do care your experience and would like to help if you can be more specific about your doubts or questions.
2018-4-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-7 02:38
Hello NerdyGuy, I have a quick look at your post and only found one previous flyaway: https://forum.dji.com/thread-112868-2-1.html Diana has replied you in 44#. We're not sure whether it is the same case caused the complaint as we did not receive any feedback since the supervisor contacted you at that time.

Personally, I do not think complaint will solve the issue completely. We do care your experience and would like to help if you can be more specific about your doubts or questions.

Wow, thanks for sharing.

Stunning that Nerdyguy blames DJI when he just ignores the battery bar in the DJI app
2018-4-7
Use props
EH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43586 ft

DJI support email communication is quite misleading. The email states your drone is being repaired and tested, however, in the end they ship you a refurbished drone. They should states the facts such as "we will ship you a refurbished replacement upon clearing payment".
2018-4-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 22:26
I fully agree with you. He should try shopping at some stores here in South Africa. When you go in to complain the guys look at you like What do you want me to do Now, Just live with it.

The only drone manufacturer I know of that gives good Customer Service is Air Hogs, but they are a huge toy company. I purchased their DR1 FPV Race Drones and it broke after a day of use, all I did was call the company to tell them and they shipped me out a brand new boxed replacement, no hassle, that I got and it has been working good.
2018-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

you remember what happened to the last Bloke that put that here
2018-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-7 07:33
The only drone manufacturer I know of that gives good Customer Service is Air Hogs, but they are a huge toy company. I purchased their DR1 FPV Race Drones and it broke after a day of use, all I did was call the company to tell them and they shipped me out a brand new boxed replacement, no hassle, that I got and it has been working good.

Well there you go then, there are good Suppliers out there. Yes some may have some issues but if you in the service business there is bound to be some sort of niggles.
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I simply providing proof of DJI's lack of willing to help.  No more. no less.   I am offering information to potential buyers of DJI drones.   If this information is not for you..... move along.
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-7 01:47
wow butt hurt much, go figure I hit the nail on the head didn't I.......lol  Infantile Petulant child.

I simply providing proof of DJI's lack of willing to help.  No more. no less.   I am offering information to potential buyers of DJI drones.   If this information is not for you..... move along.

2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-7 02:38
Hello NerdyGuy, I have a quick look at your post and only found one previous flyaway: https://forum.dji.com/thread-112868-2-1.html Diana has replied you in 44#. We're not sure whether it is the same case caused the complaint as we did not receive any feedback since the supervisor contacted you at that time.

COMPLAINT???? B.S.   This is information.... FACTS from other users.... NOT my case..... And now, nearing a YEAR into my issue, your offering help??  WTF???
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-7 03:10
Wow, thanks for sharing.

Stunning that Nerdyguy blames DJI when he just ignores the battery bar in the DJI app

How nice that YOU WERE THERE AND KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.   Not going back into the b.s. here.  just like marriage, not worth it.
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just wait till you need them....  Keep that hat on.  Only thing keeping your brains in, little man.
2018-4-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-7 08:11
How nice that YOU WERE THERE AND KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.   Not going back into the b.s. here.  just like marriage, not worth it.

Why would I need to have been there to know what happend. You've explained what happened, DJI Susan explained what happend... Sorry for your loss, there indeed may have been something wrong with that battery, but one glance at the screen would have told you something was off... DJI provides you the tools so you can act responsibly, which you've ignored, Which makes you liable...
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-7 08:27
Why would I need to have been there to know what happend. You've explained what happened, DJI Susan explained what happend... Sorry for your loss, there indeed may have been something wrong with that battery, but one glance at the screen would have told you something was off... DJI provides you the tools so you can act responsibly, which you've ignored, Which makes you liable...

Not going back into it again.... it's all online, there to review, My position has not changed.  I know what happened and that's that.     When I am PROMISED by DJI support, when called them AT THE SITE I LOST IT.... Promising to take care of it..... then when I get home offer me a 15% discount.... THAT IS FREAKING INSULTING.....  
2018-4-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-7 08:32
Not going back into it again.... it's all online, there to review, My position has not changed.  I know what happened and that's that.     When I am PROMISED by DJI support, when called them AT THE SITE I LOST IT.... Promising to take care of it..... then when I get home offer me a 15% discount.... THAT IS FREAKING INSULTING.....

The did take care of you, they've examined the flightlogs and assessed the situation and circumstances. Offcourse the 1st line help desk agreed with you getting a full refund when you say it just dropped out of the sky, and if it did, you would have gotten a full refund.

Except...  It didn't just drop out of the sky... I wouldn't go back into it again either, If it would have been me, I'd see that I was responsible myself, and quietly cry in a corner over my loss...

2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wrong.   It DID just drop out of the sky.  You are wrong & so is DJI... how does it feel to be wrong.... again??
2018-4-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-7 08:52
Wrong.   It DID just drop out of the sky.  You are wrong & so is DJI... how does it feel to be wrong.... again??

lol, it dropped out of the sky, because your head was elsewhere, did you get the sand out of your ears and eyes yet?
1425_3.jpg

2018-4-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

NerdyGuy Posted at 2018-4-7 08:07

And I am simply contradicting your version of the truth, pilot error, suck it up and move on and stop throwing your toys out of your pram and blaming DJI on your negligence and inability to admit your liability by ignoring in app warnings.  

You have proved nothing other than you got it badly wrong and new users should disregard your ramblings as complete and utter rubbish. Over and out.

2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Check your pants... yes in the front... I think you missing something.
2018-4-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2018-4-7 07:43
Well there you go then, there are good Suppliers out there. Yes some may have some issues but if you in the service business there is bound to be some sort of niggles.

That goes without saying, there will be good experiences and there will be bad. All in all, if you just give each company, including DJI, the ability to service you well and give them the lead time to do so, then most of the battle is done. If your attitude is negative and you don't assist these companies well into your issue, then your issue will remain an issue.

When conducting customer service, you kind of have to walk them through on each time you call in about your flying.
2018-4-7
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just drove by my local State Farm Insurance Office.   I get more details Monday.  But it APPEARS that it’s $5 per device... drones cameras... etc.  I indicated that I have NO interest in working with DJI for support & they indicated, loss, broken.. etc.  it’s a FULL REPLACEMENT.   As I said more on Monday, but this appears a way to insure your drone and NEVER have to deal with DJI support.
2018-4-7
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

State Farm requires you to be a competent pilot.
2018-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-7 12:15
That goes without saying, there will be good experiences and there will be bad. All in all, if you just give each company, including DJI, the ability to service you well and give them the lead time to do so, then most of the battle is done. If your attitude is negative and you don't assist these companies well into your issue, then your issue will remain an issue.

When conducting customer service, you kind of have to walk them through on each time you call in about your flying.

Fully agree
2018-4-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

Thanks, I just try and be unbiased and fair.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EH Posted at 2018-4-7 04:18
DJI support email communication is quite misleading. The email states your drone is being repaired and tested, however, in the end they ship you a refurbished drone. They should states the facts such as "we will ship you a refurbished replacement upon clearing payment".

Sorry for the confusion. Whether the drone will be repaired or replaced depends on the damage assessment result. I managed to get your case number and report to the management for investigation. We'll keep learning and avoid the similar troubles in the future. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-4-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules