Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feel sorry for this boy
598 6 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Datadogie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Reading mylocal Press and Journal came accross this storey.
Maplins, where is my drone? At the price i suspect it's a Mavic Pro.

2018-4-6
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

That indeed is sad for the kid...
These things happen unfortunately, it's a nice clickbait article because there is a kid involved, if not, nobody would have turned an eye.

I'd never get, or allow my 13 year old to get an 1100 dollar drone. These things are not toys... The risk of loosing, crashing or even causing harm is to big. It's setting up your kid for disappointment. For most kids (thankfully) 1100 dollar is an astronomical amount of cash with a big risk of loosing that.
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is unfortunate but now it’s hit the press I’m sure they’ll look into it a little deeper to sort it out. That said, 13 is too young for a drone like the MP. It states 18 and over on the box and I do recall seeing 14 being the youngest age to fly drones (with an adult) in the UK. Anything that can be flown in manned airspace is not a toy - it should be 16 IMO.
2018-4-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thats terrible
2018-4-7
Use props
apcyberax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566526 ft
United Kingdom

nice chance for DJI to be a hero. Replace it they lose maybe £500 or whatever it cost to to make it. Then they get all the follow up new coverage for free good business exposure chance there.
2018-4-7
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135387 ft
Bulgaria

Poor kid, hope all gets solved soon!
2018-4-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Really sucks, hopes the adult gets the drone back. I agree 13 is to young for the MP especially unsupervised.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules