PLEASE I NEED TUTORIAL FOR PHANTOM 3
3026 6 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcovalenzuela
lvl.2
Chile

Somebody had a detail video tutorial for first steps with Phantom 3 Advance?

I saw some videos but I don't know how is firts connection to DJI Pilot

Thanks and sorry my bad english guys.

Regards from Chile
2015-5-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are the basic steps. I do not have a video.

Note: if your smart device does not have cellular service it may be best to first setup your P3 in a location (back yard, etc.) where there is a wireless network - the DJI Pilot app requires you to login with DJI and also may require some software and firmware updates. After setup, you can then take the P3 to a larger field for your actual first flights.

1. Unpack Phantom and install props – no tools needed, but make certain you snug the new plastic hub propellers on as tight as you can by hand. Remove small foam piece from behind gimbal.

2. Using the included battery charger, charge up the Remote TX - when the TX is fully charged, hook the battery charger to the included Phantom smart battery and charge fully.

3. Download and Install the DJI Pilot app on your phone or tablet.

4. Mount your smart device in the included holder on the TX and connect it to the TX using either the supplied USB cord (android) or your own lightning connector (IOS). Make sure the 3 position switch on the top left of the TX is in the rightmost position (P-GPS)

5. Remove gimbal lock and lens cap (if included) – check that the micro SD card is in your camera.

6. Turn on the TX (first) then the Phantom - both are turned on by pressing the respective power buttons once for 2 seconds, then leaving go, then pressing again.

7. Open the DJI Pilot App - this should guide you through the steps required to register and update your Phantom 3.

8. Calibrate compass on the Phantom (the DJI Pilot app should guide you through this step).

9. Activate the  “Camera” screen in the DJI Pilot app. A banner across the top center should inform you of the status of the aircraft - “Safe to Fly-GPS” means the aircraft is ready. Check the map on your smart device to assure that the home point is where you are currently located.

10. Arm props as with other Phantoms - propellers should start spinning slowly, indicating that the quadcopter is ready for take off.

11. After landing, power off the devices in the opposite manner - that is, turn off the quadcopter battery first and then power off the transmitter.
2015-5-7
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

2015-5-7
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-8 10:15
Here are the basic steps. I do not have a video.

Note: if your smart device does not have cellular  ...

Nice job droneflyers, very informative for us noobies!! I am surprised that there is nothing in the manual about firmware updates, hopefully it is an easy process!! Just a question about tightening the props, you say to tighten as tight as you can. Can you over tighten and strip the threads?? I just tightened until it was snug, should that be enough?

Thanks,

Scott
2015-5-7
Use props
marcovalenzuela
lvl.2
Chile

Ok, Thanks all for thats.
2015-5-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

s_nyky.yahoo Posted at 2015-5-8 11:04
Nice job droneflyers, very informative for us noobies!! I am surprised that there is nothing in the ...

Hand tight - but use a bit of hand muscle so they don't come off with the active braking.

Firmware updates do not seem really easy - based on their instructions it is a lot of steps and things to make sure of - but I have not done any yet other than just through the app.
2015-5-8
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-9 04:55
Hand tight - but use a bit of hand muscle so they don't come off with the active braking.

Firmwar ...

Thanks, I will follow your advice! I did manage to update the firmware, a little challenging for the technology impaired like myself. Test flight soon, just practicing a bit on the simulator before I take to the sky. I will probably leave it in beginner mode to start. Cheers!!
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules