13617 28 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans649e2654
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all
Is there an easy way to switch to fcc mode, I am in uk but want the better signal quality of fcc

I am using Apple iPhone connected to my controller and using the mavic air

Thanks in advance
2018-4-7
Use props
djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258432 ft
Netherlands

Yes there is , google on mavic air ce to fcc works perfect in the nederlands i use fake gps .
2018-4-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

It needs android....
2018-4-7
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184226 ft
Italy

Yes it 's easy but not super easy...you can use Xcode download it from the app store and follow instructions videos on youtube about how-to.

Just give you a heads up in all the videos that I've watched there were a few missing steps where Xcode asks for passwords etc so you have to figure that out. In no one of those videos it's said that Xcode creates an app on your iPhone (when you succeed in the process). No harm is done to your phone when you want to reset things back the way they were and finally delete the app on your phone.

I just did my spark today.
2018-4-7
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6 Posted at 2018-4-7 04:49
Yes there is , google on mavic air ce to fcc works perfect in the nederlands i use fake gps .

Doesn't work with iOS
2018-4-7
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_YmSWRHeXTqn6 Posted at 2018-4-7 04:49
Yes there is , google on mavic air ce to fcc works perfect in the nederlands i use fake gps .

No that's for Android ONLY
2018-4-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeas, just once!  so use an Android device from a friend, neighbour, etc....
2018-4-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-7 06:30
Yeas, just once!  so use an Android device from a friend, neighbour, etc....

True, but if you use the WiFi direct option it witches also.
2018-4-7
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tadango Posted at 2018-4-7 06:41
True, but if you use the WiFi direct option it witches also.

Do not understand what you mean. If you use a controller it has to be done just once.
2018-4-7
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>

With xcode it works well. Do not choose NY, flying there is prmitted. When you start the app tip on cancel, every time... that is all. After that your position will be as usual.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FCC and CE is based on the area you are located, the drone will switch itself, it confirms with the local radio regulations. And we don't recommend changing it. Thank you for your support.
2018-4-7
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So actually, despite all the comments, no is the answer.  On Ios especially, but even on Android you're messing about before every time you fly.  I guess I have a fundamental problem using a fake gps location app with a drone that's relying on gps to get back to you if it suffers signal loss.  
I get rock solid signal easily to 1km and usually to 1.5kms with my Air, which is usually enough for most flights....  I personally wouldn't worry too much about trying to get FCC mode enabled. imho  

Ian in London
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-7 23:56
So actually, despite all the comments, no is the answer.  On Ios especially, but even on Android you're messing about before every time you fly.  I guess I have a fundamental problem using a fake gps location app with a drone that's relying on gps to get back to you if it suffers signal loss.  
I get rock solid signal easily to 1km and usually to 1.5kms with my Air, which is usually enough for most flights....  I personally wouldn't worry too much about trying to get FCC mode enabled. imho   

Well said mate!   
2018-4-8
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

OP, listen to Wellsi - dude really knows his stuff
2018-4-8
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-7 23:56
So actually, despite all the comments, no is the answer.  On Ios especially, but even on Android you're messing about before every time you fly.  I guess I have a fundamental problem using a fake gps location app with a drone that's relying on gps to get back to you if it suffers signal loss.  

And its illegal too - it will be operating the AC with power levels beyond that allowed in the CE under the certification it was tested to.
2018-4-8
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry that it does not work for you.
2018-4-8
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-4-7 07:45
Do not understand what you mean. If you use a controller it has to be done just once.

Yes, but i don't always use the controller ;)
2018-4-9
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Italy

As I said in a previous post I've set my spark to FCC mode using Xcode since I'm on iOS. Today I flew for the first time in FCC the result was astonishing, with CE I used to have problems approaching 250/300mt sometimes even 100mt well today I tested my spark above a beautiful artichoke field and let it fly on a straight line away from me and reached 1km at above 60mt high then I turned back just because I was anxious, being the first time flying this far. I can tell there is a huge difference with FCC the signal is much much stronger than CE. My target is to have a great solid signal, don't care about distance, and not to be worried of a failsafe because poor connection. I do intend to respect the law and CE rules today it was just a test. DJI Thor I won't let my spark switch to CE mode because the way CE mode is coded heavily penalizes people living in non FCC countries.
2018-4-11
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well then, I can see this ending in tears for somebody and await......... My drone just flew away

Doesn't seem to matter though does it, some folks just love to push the envelope..... oh well different strokes for different folks
2018-4-11
Use props
fansceabe55b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80020 ft
Netherlands

i have a “unjailed” iphone and with a location spoofer i think i have it in FCC mode but dont know for sure.

Before starting to fly it tels me that im in another region and if i want to change it back whic i cancel of course. But i dont see the channels in my dji settings ? İ have a photo of it.

So now to honoust im not sure if im in fcc mode or not :s
5FF3281D-636A-4677-81E1-AD29A71D600A.png
2018-8-18
Use props
fansceabe55b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80020 ft
Netherlands

PS: im using a OTG cable
2018-8-18
Use props
trucach
New
Russia

fansceabe55b Posted at 8-18 13:45
i have a “unjailed” iphone and with a location spoofer i think i have it in FCC mode but dont know for sure.

Before starting to fly it tels me that im in another region and if i want to change it back whic i cancel of course. But i dont see the channels in my dji settings ? İ have a photo of it.

Hi. I have the same issue. I am new and same 3 lines i have: channel mode, Wi-Fi SSID, password.

How can we unlock the choose of channel?
2018-12-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

trucach Posted at 12-8 11:54
Hi. I have the same issue. I am new and same 3 lines i have: channel mode, Wi-Fi SSID, password.

How can we unlock the choose of channel?

You need to connect a controller

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-8
Use props
trucach
New
Russia

Alex B. Posted at 12-8 14:17
You need to connect a controller

Flysafely

It is already connected. And phone connects  to the RC.
2018-12-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

trucach Posted at 12-8 20:09
It is already connected. And phone connects  to the RC.

And you can’t change the channels? That’s weird.
Have you checked a video on YouTube about how to change channels on the drone? Just in case

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-9
Use props
djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq
New
Turkey

Hello,

Is it possible to use Boosted FCC ( 1.5W ) mode in Air ?
2018-12-9
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq Posted at 12-9 03:56
Hello,

Is it possible to use Boosted FCC ( 1.5W ) mode in Air ?

No, it only works on Mavic Pro.
And there was no need in asking the same question like 5 times in different threads!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-9
Use props
fans86a57fd1
lvl.1
Iran

hi to all
When the fcc hack and  activated ,if the rth button is pressed during the flight, the bird moves to the flying point (real gps) or fake gps?
2019-7-25
Use props
djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq
New
Turkey

Alex B. Posted at 2018-12-9 13:56
No, it only works on Mavic Pro.
And there was no need in asking the same question like 5 times in different threads!

Ok, sorry for that.
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules